Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2021, 04:59 AM - 12 Likes   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use LR6 to catalog my photos, and I've created a year folder template with 50 sub-folders to be renamed as needed.
At the end of 2020 I deleted 25 un-named folders in the 2020 folder as I didn't get out much, there was a virus or something.
So I have scratched around and come up with these. You may have seen them before.
Part 1.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
01-01-2021, 05:23 AM - 9 Likes   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Part 2
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
01-01-2021, 07:48 AM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Part 2:

What a beautiful set of photos. The first is especially interesting. No matter what others think of our photos, the filtering always helps. I think as the time passes, we develop a better understanding of our weaknesses by scrolling through old photos. I often do that and delete a few. The past months I’ve been trying to leave a two to three weeks window before processing the RAWs, just to be sure I have a clear mind and not keep trash in my limited space disks.
01-01-2021, 08:43 AM - 2 Likes   #19
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Michail_P Quote
What a beautiful set of photos. The first is especially interesting. No matter what others think of our photos, the filtering always helps. I think as the time passes, we develop a better understanding of our weaknesses by scrolling through old photos. I often do that and delete a few. The past months I’ve been trying to leave a two to three weeks window before processing the RAWs, just to be sure I have a clear mind and not keep trash in my limited space disks.
Thanks. I can't wait. I've been often after mignight on computer as I feel the need to do the shots before I can go to sleep. But I still trash my shots with heavy hand. Often it's only the one I need for Single in Challenge that is kept.

01-01-2021, 09:21 AM - 2 Likes   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Remember the forum suggestion of no more than five images per post...

Steve
My goodness... who cares?

I'm 10 years on the forum with probably more than half my images post over 5 images, which would be thousands. This is the first time anyone cared.

Seriously...?

People who post a few images at a time all at the same time (that could have been one post) are just fishing for likes and messing up the threads.

Last edited by Sandy Hancock; 01-03-2021 at 12:54 AM. Reason: masked profanity
01-01-2021, 10:17 AM - 13 Likes   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote

People who post a few images at a time all at the same time (that could have been one post) are just fishing for likes .
What a good idea, I'd never have thought of that

Perhaps I'll post my 10 individually

Only kidding, here's Part 1

All taken with KP and DA16-85WR or 55-300PLM

Last edited by timb64; 01-01-2021 at 10:25 AM.
01-01-2021, 10:18 AM - 4 Likes   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
We are coming to the end of another year. Honestly, it has been a rough year from a photography standpoint for me. I have a lot of snaps of my kids, but not a whole lot of travel. At the same time, the last few years I have started a thread (or someone else has) that has offered an opportunity to showcase your best images from the last year.
Thanks for kicking this off. I think your set shows the value of working familiar territory, something I expect all of us have had to stick to this year. I particularly admire Tree at Dawn and Antietam Before Sunrise.

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Sunrise over the swamp at Holly Shelter just two days ago
I've enjoyed seeing your work from my part of the country. I wonder if I move again if you will keep following me? This one, and the Royal Terns and Willet, are especially striking to me.

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
photographically, 2020 was a growth year for me - I started experimenting beyond what I could do with the K-mount and M42 lenses, first with the Adaptist Project, then with a move to a new camera system....
Whatever the system, I look forward to seeing your work. #4 from your first set is wonderfully intriguing.

QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
2. Nooramunga Marine and Coastal Park, Port Albert. I have come to love the DA 20-40.
Incredible drama, beautifully rendered.

QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
7. Male Emu and chick, Wilson's Promontory NP. (The males do all the rearing of the chicks.) DA 55-300 PLM.
You really convey the watchfulness of the parent; that looks like one well-protected chick.

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
This is always hard to choose
Indeed! Nicely varied set, with some outstanding environmental portraiture.

01-01-2021, 10:23 AM - 12 Likes   #23
Pentaxian

Part 2

01-01-2021, 10:25 AM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
What a good idea, I'd never have thought of that

Perhaps I'll post my 10 individually

Only kidding, here's Part 1

I did a test run once with not more than 3 images per post for couple of weeks. It just took more time to post, especially if you are cross posting. Honestly, it's one of those rules where, I'm not sure why it matters. Probably a rule suggested back in the days when band width was at a premium and too many images slowed the threads down when loading. With fibre op, that doesn't matter as much.
01-01-2021, 10:33 AM - 13 Likes   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
So I have scratched around and come up with these. You may have seen them before.
Always worth another look! Love the backlit tree.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
The goal is to share with others what you liked best from the last year.
I might be bending this rule a bit. I find it a tremendously helpful exercise to review a year's worth of images and try to select 10. It's not exactly the 10 I like best individually, though; I try to select with the final set in mind, and to encompass a wide range of subjects and techniques.

I've put all 10 into a Flickr album, for those who prefer viewing sets that way.

1. Waimea Inlet

2. Equilibria

3. Iron age

4. Descent

5. Serendipity Cove

---------- Post added 2021-01-01 at 12:39 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
All taken with KP and DA16-85WR or 55-300PLM
What, how is it possible to produce such excellent work with only two lenses! I am charmed by your robin portrait, and intrigued by the bleak Norfolk landscape.

My Part 2:

6. Lunar winds

7. River of stars (2)

8. Rule of three

9. Gnarled

10. For the trees
(a cross-view stereo pair)
01-01-2021, 10:55 AM - 1 Like   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote

What, how is it possible to produce such excellent work with only two lenses! I am charmed by your robin portrait, and intrigued by the bleak Norfolk landscape.
Thanks for the kind comment,you’ve some great images there too,#7 is probably my favourite.

In truth I’ve never been interested in collecting gear for the sake of it,preferring to try and get the best from what I have.
01-01-2021, 11:28 AM - 2 Likes   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote

I've enjoyed seeing your work from my part of the country. I wonder if I move again if you will keep following me?
. I hope I'm done moving, but I'll keep following you on Flickr
01-01-2021, 07:13 PM - 12 Likes   #28
Pentaxian

This is a great thread with some fantastic photos. Like most folks, I stayed close to home all year so no travel photos for me in 2020. Fortunately there is no shortage of things to photograph in Hong Kong, and probably more than 50% of my photos for the year were macros of various bugs. Hong Kong has been in better shape than much of the world and we've still been able to get out and explore. So here are 10 of my favorites for the year (I tried to include some non-macros). I'll split it into two posts too, though I also think it's probably an anachronistic requirement... POTW participants will probably recognize all of these.

A temple in Shau Kei Wan. I love the smell of incense and the dark, smoky atmosphere. I think I could take a thousand photos and never quite capture it but I like the way this one turned out:

This was on the island of Tung Ping Chau, the farthest east of Hong Kong's islands. It's part of the Hong Kong Global Geopark and it has interesting geography and history:

Caterpillar of the common archduke butterfly. Seen on a night safari at Tai Po Kau Nature Reserve:

A Paris peacock butterfly at the Fung Yuen Butterfly Reserve:

A changeable lizard in the bushes near my house:

---------- Post added 01-01-21 at 09:25 PM ----------

And the rest of my top 10:

One of the prettiest spiders I've ever seen (in a bamboo stand near my house). It wouldn't stay still so it was hard to get a decent shot but I'm happy with this one:

A beautiful blue-banded bee seen on a night safari near Tung Chung:

A street cat in the village of Tai O, a historic fishing village where many houses are built on stilts over the water (and a popular hiking destination):

My favorite for this year, a red-whiskered bulbul on Lantau Island. A very common bird here but they're charming and beautiful. I submitted this one as my best of the year:

An MTR (subway) sign showing evidence of vandalism from the pro-democracy protests that were largely squelched by the pandemic. MTR was, at some points, considered too China-friendly and stations and signs bore the brunt of much protestor frustration:

Last edited by nosliwmit; 01-21-2021 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Flickr links keep crapping out...
01-02-2021, 02:43 AM - 10 Likes   #29
Pentaxian

Sharing some from me, most of my pictures are with KP, either on DA300mm or DFA150-450.

Mangrove Pitta:

Orange-headed Thrush:

Crested Serpent Eagle:

Barn Owl:

Red-cheeked cordon-bleu:
01-02-2021, 05:20 AM - 12 Likes   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All with K-S2, I hope to be able to include some with the K-1 in next year's edition And I hope to be able to include more landscapes and perhaps some less ordinary wildlife