Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2021, 01:06 AM - 1 Like   #46
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DWS1 Quote
Isn't it just amazing how much low light detail today's cameras actually capture? I don't know how many photos like this I 've taken and just passed over as unusable. I need to go back and take a second look now.
Yep, especially if you're shooting with either a K-1/K-1 II or a 645Z.

Here's my go at representing the scene uniquely.

Tas

01-08-2021, 01:37 AM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mariwalt Quote
No. Lightroom and mostly Photoshop.
Did not know how to deal with the large ball of light around the sun, so I just took it out.
Sevejo did it kudos to him.
I used frequency separation (in Affinity) to help deal with some of the flare, although that was only partly successful. It was straightforward enough though.

It is interesting how many quite different versions have been entered this week. Good luck to Todd in trying to sort these out.

Last edited by stevejo; 01-08-2021 at 10:41 AM.
01-08-2021, 10:53 AM - 1 Like   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Here's mine

Last edited by xs400; 02-26-2021 at 05:41 PM.
01-08-2021, 01:37 PM - 2 Likes   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here’s my take, close to some propositions. This is the first time I participate to a challenge and I believe this is also my first post on the forum, I’m thus not aware of rules or anything about challenges if they are any, let me know 🙂.

The place is very beautiful, and I’m quite impressed by the level of details and the dynamic range you got on this picture. Nice!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
01-08-2021, 03:35 PM - 2 Likes   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So let's give it a go... I found this a very challenging one...

Last edited by Michail_P; 01-14-2021 at 12:01 PM.
01-08-2021, 04:58 PM - 1 Like   #51
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums

QuoteOriginally posted by pbernery Quote
Here’s my take, close to some propositions. This is the first time I participate to a challenge and I believe this is also my first post on the forum, I’m thus not aware of rules or anything about challenges if they are any, let me know 🙂.

The place is very beautiful, and I’m quite impressed by the level of details and the dynamic range you got on this picture. Nice!
G'Day mate, and welcome to the forums and the post processing challenge.

There's plenty to see and participate in around the forum and no doubt you're having a look around and finding things of interest already.

One of the forums I'll point you to is the welcomes section here: Welcomes and Introductions - PentaxForums.com

Drop a quick post here to let the forum members know you've joined us and if it suits you, tell us a bit about yourself or your photography or kit. No rules with that other than we ask people to introduce themselves. However at the top of the linked page you will find 'sticky's' that are always located at the top of the page. In this section check out the 'Welcomes & Forum Rules'.

Oh, and don't forget to come back for more PP Challenges, they typically run for approximately a week or so and it's a great source of seeing how many different versions can be created from a single image.

If your version is chosen by the current host, that host will provide some details about how to run the challenge. Good luck with the challenge.

Tas
01-09-2021, 02:03 AM - 1 Like   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Michail_P Quote
So let's give it a go... I found this a very challenging one...

Oh that is superb!!

01-09-2021, 01:52 PM - 1 Like   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
G'Day mate, and welcome to the forums and the post processing challenge.

There's plenty to see and participate in around the forum and no doubt you're having a look around and finding things of interest already.

One of the forums I'll point you to is the welcomes section here: Welcomes and Introductions - PentaxForums.com

Drop a quick post here to let the forum members know you've joined us and if it suits you, tell us a bit about yourself or your photography or kit. No rules with that other than we ask people to introduce themselves. However at the top of the linked page you will find 'sticky's' that are always located at the top of the page. In this section check out the 'Welcomes & Forum Rules'.

Oh, and don't forget to come back for more PP Challenges, they typically run for approximately a week or so and it's a great source of seeing how many different versions can be created from a single image.

If your version is chosen by the current host, that host will provide some details about how to run the challenge. Good luck with the challenge.

Tas
Thanks TAS for this presentation .
I posted a message in the Welcomes section.
01-09-2021, 05:01 PM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Oh that is superb!!
Thanks. I am amazed from the ton of information captured in the Raw file. So I made a shy approach to bring these details up. In my eyes the tree trunk is the protagonist here.
01-09-2021, 09:19 PM - 5 Likes   #55
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

01-10-2021, 02:15 AM - 1 Like   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Todd's image got mauled

01-13-2021, 11:04 AM - 3 Likes   #57
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Nice work everyone! Enjoyed each entry. Thanks for playing! Normally like to respond to each entry but busy here so going straight to announcing top three and winner.

3rd place..... @Michail_P
Nice work with the tones, contrast and crop. Not a fan of digital frames but it works here.

2nd place.... @Tsuken (second Ipad entry)
You might be benefiting a bit from posting a large size, nevertheless you did this with an ipad! so points for that and great job balancing all the elements. An entertaining viewing experience.

1st place......... @Kerrowdown!
As others acknowledged you really knocked it out of the park, first at bat and swing! Perfect contrast, cloud add, detail in the log, and tasty flare add for cherry on top. Congrats!

p.s. Here's what I did with it when I got home...
01-13-2021, 01:39 PM   #58
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for hosting @todd and for the challenging image. Must say I don't recall the last time we had 4 pages with a challenge. Mind you I would have laughed if it was 4 pages with a different version for each post. Not fun for the host though (15 posts per page).

The selections for 1st, 2nd & 3rd were spot on and the summary for the winner hits the nail on the head. A bar set high from the outset.

Well, now it's time for the bagpipes to be put down and the #357 Magnum round to start. Not Dirty Harry's choice but "Go ahead make our challenge"

Tas
01-14-2021, 01:32 AM   #59
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Thanks Todd for an interesting challenge. It was truly amazing to see the amount of detail come out of your original image. Excellent choice for places. It was also great to see the number of comments on the post. Well done Kerrowdown, Tsuken & Michail_P.
01-14-2021, 11:54 AM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Nice work everyone! Enjoyed each entry. Thanks for playing! Normally like to respond to each entry but busy here so going straight to announcing top three and winner.

3rd place..... @Michail_P
Nice work with the tones, contrast and crop. Not a fan of digital frames but it works here.

2nd place.... @Tsuken (second Ipad entry)
You might be benefiting a bit from posting a large size, nevertheless you did this with an ipad! so points for that and great job balancing all the elements. An entertaining viewing experience.

1st place......... @Kerrowdown!
As others acknowledged you really knocked it out of the park, first at bat and swing! Perfect contrast, cloud add, detail in the log, and tasty flare add for cherry on top. Congrats!

p.s. Here's what I did with it when I got home...
Thanks for the acknowledgement @todd. It was a great performance from the camera, a lot of information and a very nice composition from you, hidden in the dark. Congrats to @Tsuken and @Kerrowdown , excellent images. Can't wait to see the next challenge!