Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2021, 03:50 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Lovely photo - gorgeous spot. Makes my Scot side come out all misty-eyed.

I've had a simple sort of a play with it:

Highland Glen.dng-3

and a 16:9, but I think I prefer it as you took it, with the sky:

Highland Glen.dng

(I stuck the photos on Flickr so I could post images not too big in the thread but full-size linked; they're private - so not visible without the link I've posted here - and I'll take them down at the end of the week's challenge.)

01-19-2021, 04:41 AM   #17
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Original Poster
Well I'm certainly glad to see so many submissions and there's still a few days to go yet.
01-21-2021, 04:16 PM   #18
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Original Poster
Just time to get those last submissions in for this weeks challenge... good luck all.
01-22-2021, 06:56 AM - 1 Like   #19
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Ok, all the results are in... firstly my thanks go to all the folk that participated and viewed. I feared the worst for hosting this week, after the outstanding challenge and response of last week.

So I found what I hoped would be an interesting image, then I "monkeyed" about with the file settings... i.e. applied minus values to the Exposure, Blacks, Texture, Dehaze, while increasing the values of Contrast, Highlights, Whites, Clarity, Skew Distortion... thus giving us all a start point to play with.

A few wee comments on submissions, purely in the order they were submitted... that caught my eye.

graeme83 - Achieved what I would describe as almost a vintage film look about his image... yes and I'm old enough to remember that first time around.

Glenn5995 - A very natural look of a typical Scottish day.

tuggie76 - The addition of wildlife... now that's different. Local residents here tend to of the more majestic variety mind.

Pelto - Very nice feel to the image indeed, as if your were there.

ThorSanchez - An introduction of Winter with an added overall cool feeling... I like that.

xs400 - Inclusion of an interesting sky... I wish we did have more like that here for real.

Tsuken - I'm with you, I feel it does need a bit of sky, so I prefer your first image of the pair.

So all that being said... I'm gonna go with Pelto's submission as the winner of the "Big Cigar" this week and runner up ThorSanchez, well done to you both and thanks again to everyone else also.

01-22-2021, 07:01 AM - 1 Like   #20
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
As an afterthought, I'd better have a go myself and see what I'd of come with... so he's my take for anyone who's interested.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
01-22-2021, 07:46 AM   #21
MSL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
As an afterthought, I'd better have a go myself and see what I'd of come with... so he's my take for anyone who's interested.
Good to finally know which way the image should be oriented even if it doesn't match the original
01-22-2021, 08:05 AM   #22
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Good to finally know which way the image should be oriented even if it doesn't match the original
I just originally flipped it for fun... but now I can't remember which is right way.

01-22-2021, 10:05 AM   #23

Thank you so much😊 The next Challenge will be up on sunday. As I'm away for two days.
01-24-2021, 08:38 AM   #24

New one up here: Thematic Post Processing Challenge #358 - PentaxForums.com