Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 103 Likes Search this Thread
02-01-2021, 11:19 AM - 3 Likes   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'd forgotten until just now that I said I'd jump back in with something in Feb. I suppose I've got just under six hours to think of something. I think I'll go with my Super Takumar 85mm f/1.9. I've not used it on digital much, mainly using it on my Spottie.

Cheers, Kris.

02-02-2021, 03:54 AM - 1 Like   #32
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
With some luck there could be fresh snow and sunlight for golden hour theme on wednesday
02-02-2021, 06:44 AM - 3 Likes   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
With some luck there could be fresh snow and sunlight for golden hour theme on wednesday
I will just be happy with light that isn't the same colour as concrete
02-02-2021, 12:50 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I will just be happy with light that isn't the same colour as concrete
Concrete, yes , that is a perfect description for those days, thank you

02-03-2021, 06:39 AM - 3 Likes   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Day 3 but I'll jump in, having grabbed a few shots on days one and two while pondering if I'd participate or not.

Lens is my M85/2 whcih I don't think has ever been mounted on my K-1 so I'll be keen to see what it can do.

Hopefully I've remembered how to post images from Google Photos to the forum but I have this nagging feeling there's a quirk I've forgotten since the June SIngle in challenge. Let me know if links don't work.
02-03-2021, 01:44 PM - 1 Like   #36
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I might have to pass the Adelaide baton on to Clive, and slink back to the locker room. Yesterday was a wash, with a taxing twelve hour operating list taking the wind out of my sails, and I have two more solid work days ahead.

On top of that, and more importantly, I'm getting no joy at all from using the K15/3.5. A legacy lens garage sale might ensue in the near future.

Last edited by Sandy Hancock; 02-04-2021 at 10:17 PM.
02-03-2021, 01:47 PM   #37
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I might have to pass the Adelaide baton on to Clive, and slink back to the locker room. Yesterday was a wash, with a taxing twelve hour operating list taking the wind out of my sails, and I have two more solid work days ahead.

On top of that, and more importantly, I'm getting no joy at all from using the K15/3.5. A legacy lens garage sale might ensure in the near future.

dude!

02-03-2021, 01:54 PM - 1 Like   #38
Pentaxian

On top of that, and more importantly, I'm getting no joy at all from using the K15/3.5. A legacy lens garage sale might ensure in the near future.

It didn’t sound like you were feeling the love. :-/

You sound hella-busy too. I must say that a combo of weather and the increasing busyness of the clinical director role I got talked into has left me glad of daily renovation safety opportunities.

Do what you can to keep head above water and in some joy. (Keeping on smacking that anvil seems like it’d help )
02-03-2021, 03:13 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Keeping on smacking that anvil seems like it’d help
Don't worry, that continues to be a constant source of joy
02-04-2021, 02:38 AM - 1 Like   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, that's a bummer! A sic without Sandy just isn't the same ***"OK guys, we can get away with breaking the rules 😂😂😂"*** the health service here is the same, I genuinely don't know how you and all the nurses and doctors keep going. Maybe come back next month with a limited prime, they're little bundles of joy, or revisit the 85mm! Its making Ismo so happy I can hear him giggling from here either way, look after yourself and don't forget to pop in

---------- Post added 02-04-21 at 02:39 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
I'd forgotten until just now that I said I'd jump back in with something in Feb. I suppose I've got just under six hours to think of something. I think I'll go with my Super Takumar 85mm f/1.9. I've not used it on digital much, mainly using it on my Spottie.

Cheers, Kris.
Oooh, Kris, your K3iii is getting closer I can't wait to see what you think of it
02-04-2021, 02:43 AM   #41
Pentaxian

Oooh, Kris, your K3iii is getting closer I can't wait to see what you think of it
I'm not holding my breath, but I am looking forward to trying it out! I was half hoping they would call it the Knew...
02-04-2021, 03:02 AM - 2 Likes   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
I'm not holding my breath, but I am looking forward to trying it out! I was half hoping they would call it the Knew...
Kobie wrote in another thread that he believes the announcement will be the 25th with shipping in march what I would love to see is the return of the Asahi name to bodies and Takumar to lenses. They could rebrand the limiteds in fact, I may just start calling my current sic lens a Takumar 15mm just for the hell of it
02-04-2021, 04:09 AM - 3 Likes   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ah, ok. Drove thru Sandy country this afternoon so may have to post a shot from his locality to ease the transition! Sandy, with the K15 you sound a bit like me with the M35-70 last June - initial high hopes but subsequently soon underwhelmed.

Down in noelpolar country tonight hunkered down on my boat (safely in a marina) waiting for a storm to come thru in the morning. Heater on in February! This is normally the stinking hot month of summer.

Off to Lightroom now to process today's candidates...
02-04-2021, 04:14 AM - 1 Like   #44
Pentaxian

Kobie wrote in another thread that he believes the announcement will be the 25th with shipping in march what I would love to see is the return of the Asahi name to bodies and Takumar to lenses. They could rebrand the limiteds in fact, I may just start calling my current sic lens a Takumar 15mm just for the hell of it
I'll keep all my digits crossed. Mind you, with my over-flowing film stash I'm mainly using 35mm at the moment!
02-04-2021, 08:38 AM - 3 Likes   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by southlander Quote
This is normally the stinking hot month of summer
We'll be thinking cold thoughts for you from north of 49...
Attached Images