Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2021, 05:24 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Winner Post Processing Challenge #359

Andrej - this is unique, and cool! You've turned the lower half into a 3-tone woodcut ;-)

SharkyCA - This one came across really nicely on my phone, and I love the emphasized hairiness of the corner yucca. I think I would have cropped this one just above the near-continuous line of darkest clouds - the colors just over the horizon are my favorite part of this interpretation!

Mariwalt - haha, yes, that's exactly the crop I meant :-D Great colors in the sky, on the yucca, and the splashes of light along the path by the walkers. And fantastic job holding the tonalities in the mountains - easily my favorite part of this evening view!

Kerrrowdown - Very dreamy! I feel like this interpretation could easily land on middle school binders across the world, especially with some gratuitous full moons and a unicorn galloping up the path :-)

Stevejo - I like the pinkish cast and overall de-emphasis of the shadows, making this a very uplifting interpretation. The dark splotch of remaining shadowed area drags my eye to itself though, where the sun rays were removed.

Michail_P - these are both fantastic, fun and balanced and beautiful. Nice work!

Astonm - this one's really nice to sit with peacefully, as well! And the subtle stars starting to creep in are a nice touch as well, almost missed them but really like them.

jmacias - This is another great one. The whole thing is even and calm, nothing too bright or dramatic - even the flares are peaceful!

Tuggie76 - I really enjoy both of these. The black and white is sharp and interesting, with good contrast and a great range of tones!

ThorSanchez - I think this one actually has my favorite lower half of the scene out of all of them, but I miss the color in the sky and clouds.

My top three:
Tas, Tuggie76, and jmacias

@Tas - This is my winner. There were some similar interpretations, but I think this one did the best with an attractive exposure across the screen, holding all the color components of green trees, blue sky, dusky purple mountains, and sun-kissed clouds.

Nice work, everybody, and thank you for the submissions!

02-08-2021, 02:29 AM - 1 Like   #2
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you @Wiley B for hosting and for choosing me to host the next challenge.

Well done all that took on #359, I hope to see you again for #360.

PP Challenge #360 is up and waiting for some attention here: PP Challenge #360 - The Milky Way over Somerset Dam - PentaxForums.com

Tas
02-08-2021, 07:28 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Thanks WileyB for a great challenge and thoughtful comments.
02-08-2021, 07:42 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Well done Tas, and thanks WileyB for hosting.

02-08-2021, 05:29 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Congrats @Tas and thank you for your comments @WileyB!
02-12-2021, 09:23 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations to the winner,@Tas, the comments are great @WileyB, see you on the next one!