Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
02-20-2021, 11:43 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
SELF (Selfies / Self Portraits)

I searched the forum and I couldn't find a thread, or a section dedicated to this fine art of experimentation. Anyone using Strobes, any newbie checking out the timer release and remote shutter features has made a Self image. The discussion on the difference between a selfie and a Self portrait could/should ensue, and I hope by having a thread like this, a few of you might have some fun. Its a great way to build a sense of community. It could also be a great place for ideas for anyone embarking on a 365 project or trying to keep sane while "locked up".

I'll start off with some of my first as I struggled with framing, lighting, and all the other things.

From 2013 with my wife on a nice spring evening.

in 18 months later, I was struggling with one speed light off camera and optical triggering from with inconsistent results.

Since then, I've stepped it up with speed lights, triggers, light modifiers, and delving into portrait canon (like Arnold Newman or Karsh's body of work)

I hope a few of you take up the challenge and spark this thread to life!

02-20-2021, 12:51 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
KP & 18-135mm sat on the microwave, light provided by the kitchen window! I am a real pro

KP again & a 35mm limited. Speed light was low and to my left

KP again, 40mm limited this time. Ambient light. A selfie doesn't have to be full face

Or facing the camera

02-20-2021, 03:11 PM - 3 Likes   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Our Man (Self Portrait)

In Havana...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
02-20-2021, 06:44 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
I searched the forum and I couldn't find a thread,
There is this thread.