Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 197 Likes Search this Thread
03-01-2021, 01:09 PM - 1 Like   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welp, I’m out for a bit. Some twit at Blacktown station yesterday thought I was taking a photo of his girlfriend (it was trolleys...), and whether drug-fuelled or just an incredibly intense angry and unreasoning person, ended up slapping my wrist and causing my KP to hit the deck.

Lens seems fine #sighofrelief

Camera did surprisingly well, but the flippy screen has one completely borked/separated hinge.

There was no way to exit without a fight had I tried to press anything, though I later filed a police report and really hope the station cctv covers that area.

Upshot is that I’ll have to send it away for repair.

And the K-30 is poked (aperture block) so no fun. So I’m suspending operations for now.

---------- Post added 2nd Mar 2021 at 07:39 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by wstruth Quote
I'm in this moth too, and with the the 31 Limited! Looking forward to it, since I was homebound last month with a mild case of Covid. I'm still tired but want to get out a bit now that the weather is warming. I figure a little extra inspiration will help me get going again. I'm hoping the new 16-50 comes out too this year as I'm planning a big tri for the fall or maybe next spring

I’m glad you’re ok. Getting out will help, I’m sure.

03-01-2021, 01:59 PM - 2 Likes   #47
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
I’m suspending operations for now.
That story makes me feel ill, on more than one level. Youth, testosterone and poor impulse control is a dangerous enough mix before you add psychoactive substances.

I could mail my KP to you and have you up and running by Thursday. Seriously.
03-01-2021, 02:35 PM - 2 Likes   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's March 1st already, but I really would like to get to know two lenses better now: DA55 and FA31. Joining the other FA's in March would be fun, I guess. Any recommendation on KP vs. K-1? Only 87 minutes left today , but I know the shot I'll do already, works with both ...
03-01-2021, 02:45 PM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

... and given that I just ended a meeting at work with folks on Pacific Time I guess I can claim an in-between time zone :-)

03-01-2021, 02:47 PM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Camera did surprisingly well, but the flippy screen has one completely borked/separated hinge.
Here's hoping the camera is a straightforward fix then; there seems to be an increase in "Mr Angrys" lately - effect of lockdown? Or just in their nature
03-01-2021, 03:21 PM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JensE Quote
... and given that I just ended a meeting at work with folks on Pacific Time I guess I can claim an in-between time zone :-)
K-1 and FA31 - that'd be 7 in play I think.
03-01-2021, 04:12 PM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lens seems fine #sighofrelief
Well, that's some good news at least. I'd offer my K3 but it would take too long to get to you. I hope its an easy fix. I slipped and fell with my KP recently and it was an anxious moment.

03-01-2021, 04:17 PM   #53
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
That story makes me feel ill, on more than one level. Youth, testosterone and poor impulse control is a dangerous enough mix before you add psychoactive substances.

I could mail my KP to you and have you up and running by Thursday. Seriously.

Makes me ill a bit too - but you’ve helped immensely. #GOODpeoples

Malicious damage by -Occasionally Focused-
03-01-2021, 06:01 PM - 1 Like   #54
Veteran Member

Welp, I’m out for a bit.

I’m glad you’re ok. Getting out will help, I’m sure.
Thanks!. The KP is a tank. I dropped mine onto a concrete floor and other than a scratch in the plastic it was ok. Hope yours get well soon.
03-01-2021, 09:07 PM   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Welp, I’m out for a bit. Some twit at Blacktown station yesterday thought I was taking a photo of his girlfriend (it was trolleys...), and whether drug-fuelled or just an incredibly intense angry and unreasoning person, ended up slapping my wrist and causing my KP to hit the deck.
That's scary! Glad you are ok.
03-01-2021, 11:23 PM - 1 Like   #56
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Hopefully that's all there is.

I've had god year with police. They found the clubs windsurfboard and my sons jacket that was stolen from the school. Maybe your local force surprise and nail this guy.

Thumps up for Sandy I'm too far to help myself.
03-02-2021, 12:09 AM - 7 Likes   #57
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Emergency KP replacement is on its way to the Blue Mountains
03-02-2021, 02:49 AM - 4 Likes   #58
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Emergency KP replacement is on its way to the Blue Mountains

You, sir, have reminded me of the good that people can be. Thank you for that perhaps even more than the camera.

And thanks all for the good wishes and sympathy. It was pretty crap - disappointing, saddening, and yes somewhat angering.
03-02-2021, 07:33 PM   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hopefully it's an easy fix for them.

Glad you're OK.
03-03-2021, 03:57 AM   #60
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Some twit at Blacktown station yesterday thought I was taking a photo of his girlfriend (it was trolleys...)
By sheer coincidence, the name of the women in question was Dolly, and her boyfriend was hearing slightly impaired, so Tsuken's explanation of the subject of his photography did little to improve the boyfriend's misperception, difficulties ensured