Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 197 Likes Search this Thread
03-03-2021, 04:15 AM - 7 Likes   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Never say never, they say.

I wasn't going to join the March SIngle in, but I had a play with my M50/1.4 yesterday. Never been much of a <=F2 kind of shooter but have been eying a K 50/1.2 on Fleabay (the LBA remission seems to be under challenge!!) so thought I should see if I really want to be bothered with sub-F2 shooting.

The long and short of it was I rather enjoyed mucking about with the M50/1.4 between open and F2 and the lens was behaving very well at these wide apertures.

So I was off and on regarding jumping back in but decided that I was...

F1.4 in all its glory!

No post for the 1st but I'll add posts to the 2nd and 3rd shortly.

---------- Post added 3rd Mar 2021 at 10:26 PM ----------

And to keep us going until Sandy's KP makes its way to NSW....

Disclaimer: No cameras were harmed in the making of this image.

M50/1.4 @ F2 I think.

Last edited by southlander; 03-03-2021 at 05:21 AM.
03-03-2021, 08:32 AM   #62
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a question for owners/users of the FA 77 Limited - I am seeing a lot of copies that are listed with 'haze' in the elements; is this a common issue with this lens?
03-03-2021, 09:32 AM - 1 Like   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I have a question for owners/users of the FA 77 Limited - I am seeing a lot of copies that are listed with 'haze' in the elements; is this a common issue with this lens?
New one for me. I've had 2 of the little Princesses and no haze ever. Crystal clear. Just took my one out for a look and not a hint of haze.
03-03-2021, 09:54 AM   #64
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
New one for me. I've had 2 of the little Princesses and no haze ever. Crystal clear. Just took my one out for a look and not a hint of haze.

thank you - will be searching for a clear one....

03-03-2021, 11:58 AM - 2 Likes   #65
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've never had an issue with my copy. Great lens on my K-5 or my K-1.
03-03-2021, 12:23 PM   #66
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Welp, I知 out for a bit. Some twit at Blacktown station yesterday thought I was taking a photo of his girlfriend (it was trolleys...), and whether drug-fuelled or just an incredibly intense angry and unreasoning person, ended up slapping my wrist and causing my KP to hit the deck.

Lens seems fine #sighofrelief

Camera did surprisingly well, but the flippy screen has one completely borked/separated hinge.

There was no way to exit without a fight had I tried to press anything, though I later filed a police report and really hope the station cctv covers that area.

Upshot is that I値l have to send it away for repair.

And the K-30 is poked (aperture block) so no fun. So I知 suspending operations for now.

---------- Post added 2nd Mar 2021 at 07:39 AM ----------

I知 glad you池e ok. Getting out will help, I知 sure.
Wow, terrible story, that idiot doesn't know how lucky he was that you showed such restraint. Well done to Sandy for the help , I really need to see the belfie of you in the new bathroom on the 21st.......
03-03-2021, 12:52 PM - 1 Like   #67
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Not ever come across this.
Someone once told me "the design suffers from balsam separation, as does the A*85". I have absolutely no proof of this though and haven't seen it either.
It only takes one person to pick up a rogue copy and well .... the rest as they say ....

03-03-2021, 01:29 PM - 1 Like   #68
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have two copies of the FA 77 Limited, both quite early versions. No problems at all.
I intend to "Single" them both next month, so I'll give them a much closer inspection soon.

Last edited by Sandy Hancock; 03-03-2021 at 04:08 PM.
03-03-2021, 03:53 PM   #69
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

thanks, everyone, for the FA 77 response; I try to not buy someone else's problem if I can avoid it...
03-03-2021, 05:36 PM - 1 Like   #70
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No haze in mine, but there's a little bit of pixie dust in it. Not sure of it's age, but it is the MIJ flavor.
03-03-2021, 05:45 PM - 1 Like   #71
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
No haze in mine, but there's a little bit of pixie dust in it. Not sure of it's age, but it is the MIJ flavor.

thank you for the reply - I'm sure there's more than just a bit of pixie dust in it....

(:
03-03-2021, 09:39 PM - 1 Like   #72
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
By sheer coincidence, the name of the women in question was Dolly, and her boyfriend was hearing slightly impaired, so Tsuken's explanation of the subject of his photography did little to improve the boyfriend's misperception, difficulties ensured

LOL
03-04-2021, 05:21 PM - 1 Like   #73
Veteran Member

Bought mine used and no problems.
03-06-2021, 04:24 PM - 1 Like   #74
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm finding the 31 a strange lens. Feels alien looking through the viewfinder with it, everything seems so far away. It is also quite partial to fringing, be it purple or green. I am not at one with it yet and the blame is entirely on me as I have dedicated far more time to it's sisters, the 43 and 77. I don't get it
03-06-2021, 07:47 PM - 2 Likes   #75
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
I'm finding the 31 a strange lens. Feels alien looking through the viewfinder with it, everything seems so far away. It is also quite partial to fringing, be it purple or green. I am not at one with it yet and the blame is entirely on me as I have dedicated far more time to it's sisters, the 43 and 77. I don't get it
It's a good thing you have another 24 days to get your head around it