Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2021, 11:19 PM - 6 Likes   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Pentax DFA 24-70 F2.8 is one of my favorite lens and it's definitely one of the lens in my camera bag whether I go shooting birds or landscape.
Love the colors and the sharpness and the focusing is accurate and fast, the range of focal length makes it an excellent walkabout lens.
This fireworks pic was shot using this lens @24mm

03-19-2021, 11:22 AM - 5 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
To me, this picture highlights everything nice about the Pentax Limited. In particular, to me the DA21 has always been Pentax's best lens for nighttime cityscapes.

This particular image is of the Alexandre-III bridge in Paris, with the Invalides dome in the background. Shot with a K-1 in crop mode and, of course, a tripod.

03-19-2021, 03:47 PM - 2 Likes   #18
Veteran Member

The wonderful DA 21 Limited

Green stripe...my favourite lens ever!

ISO 100, F5.6 @ 1/640, handheld.

Did I win, huh, huh, did I, did I?

Cheers,
Cameron
03-20-2021, 07:21 PM   #19
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Another 10 days or so to go for new entries and add your likes at any time.

03-22-2021, 08:10 AM - 2 Likes   #20
Pentaxian

Before my DA 16-45mm f4 became hard to use due to the famous "barrel wobble" causing decentering issues unless I held the lens just right, it was my go-to lens for when I did not know what to expect...

Even low light was never really an issue with newer cameras, which clean up nicely at high ISO. So when we had an unusual "real snow" here in Georgia 3 years ago, I went out and took the K-S1 with the 16-45 to capture the rare moment.

03-23-2021, 09:09 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
To me, this picture highlights everything nice about the Pentax Limited. In particular, to me the DA21 has always been Pentax's best lens for nighttime cityscapes.
Now I want that lens, I like how it renders.
03-23-2021, 09:53 AM - 2 Likes   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Leitz Photar 25mm F2

That is a macro lens for small subject. When there aren't the Laowa 2,5-5x and the Irix 1-5x I initialy envied the Canon users because them can use the MPE65mm, then I found the macro lenses in RMS mount that can be adapted to the Pentax cameras so I also can reach high magnification, I end to buy 3 lenses and the Photar it's my favorite.

The photo is take at F5.6, with the camera on the ground and with delayed release so to avoid shake.

03-23-2021, 10:34 AM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MossyRocks Quote
Now I want that lens, I like how it renders.
I'll take that as a compliment!

It's among the lenses I've used (and that's a lot) with the most pleasing rendering.
03-23-2021, 11:48 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
I'll take that as a compliment!

It's among the lenses I've used (and that's a lot) with the most pleasing rendering.
Good I intended it as such. Apart from astro shooting I don't concern myself with the absolute sharpness of lenses and look for ones that have a rendering I like. The renderings I really like the most are the ones given by the A 50/1.2 and 77ltd so I've found that the lenses I use the most during the day produce similar results. Both offer a soft or outright ephemeral feel wide open but stopping them down and they give great texture, so you even get options. My Series 1 Vivitar 135/2.3 also does the same thing and I have long loved that lens. On the texture side of things stopped down the DA 21ltd looks like what I like to see.
03-24-2021, 05:11 AM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MossyRocks Quote
On the texture side of things stopped down the DA 21ltd looks like what I like to see.
I have the 77 also and understand what you mean.
03-25-2021, 06:14 PM - 2 Likes   #26
Forum Member

Khusliin khad (wishing rock)

The *16-50 is heavy but it's a tank. I've heard many people say disparaging things about this lens but I've enjoyed its versatility and it's never let me down, even at -20.

This is shot at 21mm f3.5.
Attached Images

03-30-2021, 06:32 PM - 1 Like   #27
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Another set of really interesting entries - but there's still time for more. One day to go - so if you have a shot in the right focal length range (21-27 mm) and you feel it shows off something special about the lens, please enter and tell us all about it.

You'll still be able to like images until April 10, at which point I'll set up a poll for the most liked images.

For April the range is: 28-39 mm so start hunting now. Lots of fixed lenses to consider (both at the 28 and 35 lengths, unless you are lucky enough to own a 30 or 31!). Plus lots of zooms are now eligible from the much loved F35-70 or maybe a 28-75? I'm looking forward to a stellar month.
03-31-2021, 04:45 PM - 1 Like   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

HD Pentax DA 21 Limited as a travel lens

The Pentax DA21 offers a great combination of image quality and compact size in a lens with a focal length that is quite versatile on crop sensor cameras. It's useful for capturing scenes handheld. The attached image was taken with a K70 in April 2019. This is a view outside the fort in Nizwa, Oman. The harshly glaring tropical sunlight, cloudless blue sky and solid dun color of the fortress walls hinted toward chiaroscuro and I like the rendering of the image in black and white.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
04-09-2021, 01:54 PM   #29
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Time to like your favourite images that in your mind show off the special characteristics of the lens. The shortlist for voting will be posted on Sunday.
04-12-2021, 03:45 AM - 1 Like   #30
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The voting is now up for the most liked images - please help choose our winner for this round.

Something special about that lens Vol 1 No 2 - 21-27 mm VOTING TIME - PentaxForums.com

And don't forget to enter the next round 28-39 mm. Despite the wide range of options, it has been surprisingly quiet this month.

Something special about that lens: Volume 1 Issue 3 - PentaxForums.com