Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
03-09-2021, 02:56 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Post Processing Challenge #364 - "Z4"

Welcome to Post-Processing Challenge #364! Thanks again for choosing me in the last round.

This time I've got a car for you. Hoping we can mix it up again (beyond landscapes!) with this fun little bit of shiny black machinery. Your job is to make this unplanned snap into a magazine article/ sales ad/ calendar - worthy sort of thing.
Image you've taken a job doing online auction photos, and this what you got to work with. Or maybe the car-club needs a "hero shot" for it's home page. Whatever motivates you.

Have fun - get creative! Try that new photoshop technique you saw on you-tube last week...

Let's end of March 17th.
Looking forward to see what you do with it

download DNG here : PPChallenge364-Z4

jpg preview:

For the next host:
The mediafire website is: mediafire.com
The login name is: ppchallenge@tmphillips.com
The password is: postprocessing

03-09-2021, 04:02 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice car.
Here is my take.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bruce Clark; 03-09-2021 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Change photo
03-09-2021, 05:26 PM - 2 Likes   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Golf Course... Top Secret Parking

The new infamous invisible car to be used in the remake of "Die Another Day" is proving to be something of a turning point for James Bond 007... especially if he can find the damn thing.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
03-10-2021, 05:55 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Here is my try. In the words of a certain motoring presenter, "It's not a Ferrarrrri.... it's a lobster thermidor!"

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by stevejo; 03-10-2021 at 09:16 AM.
03-10-2021, 11:59 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fun photo to work on.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
03-12-2021, 12:25 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Had a crack at this, I was thinking about a slightly cold metallic kind of look like you always used to get on a certain car review show, but the green background is a bit at odds with that. So I toned that down a touch. Cropped in and a slight tilt to try and add a dynamic flair.

Name:  PPChallenge364-Z4 2.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  243.9 KB
03-12-2021, 12:34 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Here's my attempt. I added a couple of golfers to admire it.

Last edited by tuggie76; 06-07-2021 at 06:25 PM.
03-14-2021, 05:50 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Here's mine.
Attached Images

03-16-2021, 07:10 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
any more takers?? Last chance..... calling this done tomorrow!
03-18-2021, 02:21 PM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Not many entries this time, but a big thanks to all who participated.

Bruce Clark: Great job of making the car look crisp and pretty. Yours came closest to the "selective color pop" I was figuring someone would do. Those red seats are just begging for it! Would have liked to seen a bit more "breathing room" in the frame.

Kerrowdown: Oh no! Where'd it go?!?!? They stole my car !! Geez - just about gave me a heart attack there LOL! I have a hard enough time finding it in a parking lot between the SUVs. Haha. It really does look the Bond invisi-car - glitches and all. (Now I can't stop thinking about that Z8 from :The World is Not Enough".. trade for it any day!) Fun entry

stevejo: smoke/fog. you've discovered my go-to trick for disguising weird cut-out bits - in this case the tires on the grass. Love the start you got on it... wishing there was a bit more background to the scene. (lotsa free 4k wallpapers out there hint-hint) In any case - good smoke job! (Lobster remark has to be a Clarkson quote, I'm guessing?? LOL)

mariwalt: nice clean version of the scene. Flag pole & driveway gone, plenty of room in the frame. Nice details on the car. Colorful grass without going too far (I find grass can get overwhelming, quickly!)

graeme83: Loving the stylistically "moody" feel going on here. cranking down those blacks gives it a very artsy - luxe sorta vibe. excellent job on pole removal. Like that you dealt with the weird blue reflections on the hood to match. As with the first entry, I find the scene just a wee bit tight.

tuggie76: Really nice presentation of the overall scene. framin/colors/car detail. Subtle bokeh/glow in the right places. Nice. Fun with the golf-bros too. Even though they must be 10 feet tall in that perspective. Toy car? Pro-NBA guys? yeah. that works.

jmacias: The most "leveling" of the bunch. As with some of the others you got the gravel driveway outta there too. Great overall scene.

Thanks all for throwing your entries into the ring....

I'm going to go with MARIWALT as this rounds winner- YAY!
graeme83 gets runner up for his "certain car review show" rendition.

See you all on the next one
03-18-2021, 07:31 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by astonm Quote
Not many entries this time, but a big thanks to all who participated.

Bruce Clark: Great job of making the car look crisp and pretty. Yours came closest to the "selective color pop" I was figuring someone would do. Those red seats are just begging for it! Would have liked to seen a bit more "breathing room" in the frame.

Kerrowdown: Oh no! Where'd it go?!?!? They stole my car !! Geez - just about gave me a heart attack there LOL! I have a hard enough time finding it in a parking lot between the SUVs. Haha. It really does look the Bond invisi-car - glitches and all. (Now I can't stop thinking about that Z8 from :The World is Not Enough".. trade for it any day!) Fun entry

stevejo: smoke/fog. you've discovered my go-to trick for disguising weird cut-out bits - in this case the tires on the grass. Love the start you got on it... wishing there was a bit more background to the scene. (lotsa free 4k wallpapers out there hint-hint) In any case - good smoke job! (Lobster remark has to be a Clarkson quote, I'm guessing?? LOL)

mariwalt: nice clean version of the scene. Flag pole & driveway gone, plenty of room in the frame. Nice details on the car. Colorful grass without going too far (I find grass can get overwhelming, quickly!)

graeme83: Loving the stylistically "moody" feel going on here. cranking down those blacks gives it a very artsy - luxe sorta vibe. excellent job on pole removal. Like that you dealt with the weird blue reflections on the hood to match. As with the first entry, I find the scene just a wee bit tight.

tuggie76: Really nice presentation of the overall scene. framin/colors/car detail. Subtle bokeh/glow in the right places. Nice. Fun with the golf-bros too. Even though they must be 10 feet tall in that perspective. Toy car? Pro-NBA guys? yeah. that works.

jmacias: The most "leveling" of the bunch. As with some of the others you got the gravel driveway outta there too. Great overall scene.

Thanks all for throwing your entries into the ring....

I'm going to go with MARIWALT as this rounds winner- YAY!
graeme83 gets runner up for his "certain car review show" rendition.

See you all on the next one
A good challenge and well hosted. I appreciate your comments and well done to the winners.
03-19-2021, 03:40 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Thanks for the challenge astonm. You nailed Jeremy Clarkeson!.
Well done Mariwalt. congratulations.
03-19-2021, 10:58 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks everyone. As I said it was fun to work on this photo. Now I'll have to come up with something of my own.

Stay tuned.
Walt
03-19-2021, 05:39 PM   #14
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mariwalt Quote
Thanks everyone. As I said it was fun to work on this photo. Now I'll have to come up with something of my own.

Stay tuned.
Walt
Hey ! mariwalt - I hope you got my PM. There should be some helpful MediaFire Link instructions there.
Let me know if you need further assistance
~Laurie
03-20-2021, 10:24 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by astonm Quote
Hey ! mariwalt - I hope you got my PM. There should be some helpful MediaFire Link instructions there.
Let me know if you need further assistance
~Laurie
Thanks, Astonm. I have your instructions, but I need to print them. My printer needs ink (it won't print without) which will be here on Monday. I will then post my photo for the challenge.