Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 206 Likes Search this Thread
04-24-2021, 03:12 AM - 1 Like   #136
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
And sneakily in an other post, yes I'm interested in that DFA*50. Winning it would save some money, thought I suspect our goverment would try make sure I wouldn't get it for free.

Actually I'm considering an option of acquiring all DFA* prime lenses Pentax chooses to release up to 300mm, as I believe they will all be quite awesome. Not 100% behind this yet, as I might fill my lens lineup also with some of the new limiteds. My LBA has reached the point where I don't want value and quatity anymore, but I'm after perfection in IQ from Pentax lineup. I already have plenty good enough lenses. I don't need any more of those.

04-24-2021, 04:14 AM   #137
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
I already have plenty good enough lenses. I don't need any more of those.
I know what you mean.

---------- Post added 04-24-21 at 07:16 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
No cask, but I do have several bottles of old amontillado if you insist!
I'll be there with bells on! ( I can't pass up a chance at another Poe reference)
04-24-2021, 05:30 AM - 1 Like   #138
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have been grazing usual fare from the forum with daily contributions from me to try get my quota- I am just not productive enough and I am usually pretty pooped so my patience for BS is quite low. There appear to be a few boardies who truly have nothing better to do but troll their peers. Life is too short.

ISMO you are so pot committed at this point it’s a sound decision. Press on with the DFA* collecting.
04-24-2021, 09:07 AM   #139
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
I have been grazing usual fare from the forum with daily contributions from me to try get my quota- I am just not productive enough and I am usually pretty pooped so my patience for BS is quite low. There appear to be a few boardies who truly have nothing better to do but troll their peers. Life is too short.

ISMO you are so pot committed at this point it's a sound decision. Press on with the DFA* collecting.
I have had three spats in six weeks, so I am staying here with my friends, where I can talk rubbish and not get beaten up for it. I would like the DFA 50 but my life won't end if neither of my two entries are picked now, if there was a 35mm f2 in the offing ... regarding lenses and LBA, that's some commitment Ismo, I wiped out my bank balance fulfilling my dream of getting all seven DA limiteds.

Yeah, I know there are only five but did I manage to get anyone reaching for google?

Last edited by Sandy Hancock; 04-24-2021 at 02:49 PM.
04-24-2021, 09:54 AM - 2 Likes   #140
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

ISMO you are so pot committed at this point it’s a sound decision. Press on with the DFA* collecting.
I take it slow like Pentax lens releases
04-24-2021, 02:51 PM - 1 Like   #141
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I mentioned this in a comment on minimonsters post but I will shove it here too, for all the British Sic-ers

UK Mainline steam locomotive movements, tours and test run timing

Steam train scheduled movements. One word of warning, the engineers like to open them up so they are often early
04-24-2021, 02:52 PM - 1 Like   #142
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pentax's slow release schedule is a blessing for me too

But there are always legacy lenses turning up in the meantime....

04-24-2021, 03:52 PM   #143
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Pentax's slow release schedule is a blessing for me too

But there are always legacy lenses turning up in the meantime....

yes, like a pair of Leicas.....

04-24-2021, 04:06 PM - 3 Likes   #144
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, as you might know, I shoot a bit of baseball. The Covid situation is interupting our regular timelines.. so I'm self twiddling my thumbs. I normally have a very spartan stool I position down baselines to get nice low pov from.. its showing some age, so I've painted it up black, and I am considering painting this logo on it. the Yellow frame alludes to the team logo, and of course the other.. is a clear identification of Pentaxian.

What do you think? (Yes, I AM fluffing up my 6 posts per day with nonsense )

04-24-2021, 04:36 PM   #145
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

so, as you might know, i shoot a bit of baseball. The covid situation is interupting our regular timelines.. So i'm self twiddling my thumbs. I normally have a very spartan stool i position down baselines to get nice low pov from.. Its showing some age, so i've painted it up black, and i am considering painting this logo on it. The yellow frame alludes to the team logo, and of course the other.. Is a clear identification of pentaxian.

What do you think? (yes, i am fluffing up my 6 posts per day with nonsense )

do it!!!
04-24-2021, 04:57 PM   #146

So, as you might know, I shoot a bit of baseball. The Covid situation is interupting our regular timelines.. so I'm self twiddling my thumbs. I normally have a very spartan stool I position down baselines to get nice low pov from.. its showing some age, so I've painted it up black, and I am considering painting this logo on it. the Yellow frame alludes to the team logo, and of course the other.. is a clear identification of Pentaxian.

Best idea I have seen all day. Go for it!
04-24-2021, 05:08 PM   #147
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What do you think?
Awesome, simple design that tells everyone who you do and what you do it with
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
do it!!!
+1
04-24-2021, 06:47 PM   #148
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A very fine design to my eye that could be extended to this year's PF T-shirts. Extremely well fluffed; all your practice is shining through
04-24-2021, 07:23 PM   #149
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
A very fine design to my eye that could be extended to this year's PF T-shirts. Extremely well fluffed; all your practice is shining through

Jools remarked on Flickr that it'd make a good hat - he could be on to something there.

I'm not sure I could do the T-shirt - Maybe I could do a couple different themes - baseball, basketball, football, birding, motorsports? (/checks to see how much free time he has)

Its based on the team logo... I think there is enough similarity I couldn't claim any creative rights to win prizes and license apparel.
Attached Images

04-24-2021, 11:28 PM   #150
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm not sure I could do the T-shirt - Maybe I could do a couple different themes - baseball, basketball, football, birding, motorsports? (/checks to see how much free time he has)
I think he suggested submitting it to t-shirt competition here on Pentaxforums. Site then make the t-shirts from winners and sell them here. Well, I actually had same thought as I was looking at your logo, but thought about adding Pentax Forums text underneath.