Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
03-31-2021, 01:32 PM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Right then time to close this one off, keeping it short and sweet to keep things moving along.

bertwert: Very fun! Suitably wacky colours in the sky to match the UFO and love that you have warped around the little guy. This site is actually next to an old airfield that was home to Avro and later BAE, a few notable military aircraft have come out of that site and no doubt there has been some secret stuff going on over the years. So maybe not too out of place...

Kerrowdown: I like what you have done with the foreground, bringing out some nice colour and detail but still keeping it slightly subdued. Not a huge fan of sky replacement in general (though I do realise this is a prime candidate for it) but this is well done and gives a bit of drama to the scene.

stevejo: Same comment as above on the sky, I like how you have colour matched the foreground to said sky too. You have gone a bit more full on with bringing out the detail and contrast of the buildings and it does have a certain impact. A cohesive well done edit.

Tas: Liking the dark grungy style of your version, keeping the saturation down along with the cooler tones is very fitting for the run down nature of the scene.

tuggie76: The vintage toned black and white is just perfect for this, love the added ghost even if she is a bit of a giant! Well done edit.
The second colour version is a nice natural look to the scene though I think the ghostly version is going forward to judging.

xs400: First version, you have kept it subdued and natural up front whilst the sky is adding some drama to the proceedings. The second version is what grabs me though, like something straight out of a horror film. A dramatic flash of lighting picking out the old house in the dark, just as some fool hardy person heads in, to their doom.

Michail_P: The cool tones fit the scene well overall with the sky adding a slight other wordly feel to it. The sky is well handled too.

Grimmus: You too have handled that sky very well, it was pretty blown out and you have tamed it the best. Overall a very pleasing black and white rendition.

A nice selection of different styles on offer here, thanks to everyone for having a go. The sky was a challenge being so over exposed and it was all a bit washed out and flat, you all did well bringing the image to life.
So on to the winner, I am a big fan of haunting and horror in photos so it was a close call between the ghost and the lightning. I think for the sheer impact of it the lightning is winning out, so over to xs400 for the next round, close runner up with the ghostly version of tuggie76.

Once again great entries all around and thanks to everyone, congratulations to xs400, over to you for #366!

03-31-2021, 04:50 PM   #17
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you for the great pic and hosting the challenge, I appreciate the feedback.

Congratulations for the selection @xs400 a great choice.

Tas
04-01-2021, 12:04 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Thanks for the challenge. Well done xs400, I liked that one too.
04-01-2021, 08:40 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the interesting challenge graeme83, and well done xs400. So where was this?

04-01-2021, 12:02 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tuggie76 Quote
So where was this?
This is an old farm just North of what was Woodford Aerodrome, just above the centre of this map.
04-01-2021, 06:14 PM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by graeme83 Quote
This is an old farm just North of what was Woodford Aerodrome, just above the centre of this map.
Ok thanks, lots of iconic aircraft made there.
04-02-2021, 09:59 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for picking my image. I'm honored. I'll post a picture for the next PP Challenge soon.