Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 83 Likes Search this Thread
04-18-2021, 12:57 PM - 4 Likes   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There's just something special about the Pentax K 30/2.8

I'd like to nominate the smc PENTAX 1:2.8 30mm.

This classic 'K' prime lens (later version) seems to be able to produce images that are sharp and subtle at the same time! The areas in focus are sharp and well defined -- yet also gently subtle -- while the out-of-focus regions are presented with a soft, pleasing bokeh. The colours and contrast are nicely captured, and it even handles specular reflections gracefully.

Pentax K-5 II: ISO 100 | f/4 | 1/640. Gentle post-processing for white balance, brightness/contrast, clarity.

- Craig

Last edited by c.a.m; 04-18-2021 at 01:23 PM.
04-18-2021, 01:31 PM - 1 Like   #47
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
FA 31mm f1.8 AL Limited

I just finished a month in the Single In Challenge with this legendary lens - this is what 28mm lenses want to be...

exceptional clarity and sharpness, smooth bokeh, and amazing color rendition - what more could you want?

Love the fog!
04-18-2021, 02:49 PM   #48
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Berserker Quote
Love the fog!

thank you...
04-18-2021, 04:48 PM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My two workhorses

Here is photo shot with my trusty K-3 and Tamron AF 17-50 f2.8 Di II. This is no high dollar lens, but I find it constantly on one of my cameras due to the very versatile focal range it offers. It always delivers sharply focused results with accurate and crisp color reproduction.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
04-19-2021, 08:34 AM   #50
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Glad to see such strong interest in this round. I was hoping the wide range of eligible focal lengths would inspire a diverse range of entries.
04-20-2021, 04:28 AM   #51

QuoteOriginally posted by bobphoenix Quote
Very nice!
When I was taking my digital imaging class in college, one of our lessons was creating lens flair in Photoshop...
As good as I was, I could never create as good of a lens flair as this one... Excellent!
Thank You! :-)

---------- Post added 04-20-21 at 04:28 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by othar Quote
Looks nice, I might have to increase my vintage lens collection a little more
Thanks!
04-20-2021, 02:39 PM   #52
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Glad to see such strong interest in this round. I was hoping the wide range of eligible focal lengths would inspire a diverse range of entries.
And a little bit ago you wondered if any was really going to participate.

04-20-2021, 03:37 PM   #53
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MossyRocks Quote
And a little bit ago you wondered if any was really going to participate.
It was a bit quiet until Adam put it on the home page So my concerns did have some basis at the time.
04-20-2021, 08:30 PM   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It was a bit quiet until Adam put it on the home page So my concerns did have some basis at the time.
I didn't notice that but then I am not good at noticing things.
04-21-2021, 12:24 AM   #55
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MossyRocks Quote
I didn't notice that but then I am not good at noticing things.
I missed it initially as well.
04-21-2021, 03:32 AM - 1 Like   #56
Veteran Member

EXACTA 28mm 1:2.8 MC MACRO 5 blades

Hello, I got this lens from a german seller on their local e-Bay (klein), it's like mint with the genuine box "EXACTA"...
It seems quite rare because of the 5 blades diaphragm which gives a special bokeh.
It is a KA mount, althought max aperture is 2.8 on the metal ring, my K-5 seems to open it more, reaching 1.5 ! (bug?)
I join a landscape and a macro photos, opened wide it is realy sharp, mainly on macro close shots.

Lanscape was taken at 2.5 iso 100 1/800
Macro at 2.0 iso 100 1/640

This lens is close to the COSINA 24mm I had once.
Writen on the front ring "Made in Japan"

If you want to see them with original size and jpeg 100% this is here :

_PHO2799 | Concorde PHOTOS | Flickr
_PHO2780 | Concorde PHOTOS | Flickr

Have a nice day
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
04-21-2021, 03:48 AM   #57
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi @bygp. Thank you for telling us about this unusual lens.

Please note this is a contest and only one entry is allowed per person. So you could please pick which of the two images you want to enter.
Thank you.
04-21-2021, 07:55 AM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bygp Quote
Hello, I got this lens from a german seller on their local e-Bay (klein), it's like mint with the genuine box "EXACTA"...
It seems quite rare because of the 5 blades diaphragm which gives a special bokeh.
It is a KA mount, althought max aperture is 2.8 on the metal ring, my K-5 seems to open it more, reaching 1.5 ! (bug?)
The camera recognizes the maximum and minimum aperture of a lens via a pattern of conductive and non-conductive areas on the lens mount, so when your K-5 reads f1.5 there is probably something wrong with this pattern (maybe a custom built lens mount for an EXA Exakta mount lens?).
This is not a big problem when you use the lens close to wide open, but the metering of the lens will be farther off the more you close the lens down.

Did you mean "Kleinanzeigen" as beeing the local e-bay equivalent by any chance? Klein only means small and would be a odd name for it in my opinion.
04-21-2021, 10:29 PM - 1 Like   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"V"

Two Mexican Fan palms framing a "V" cloud formation at sunset in Scottsdale. This image was captured with a Pentax 18-250 mm zoom set at 35 mm on my Pentax K-5. The 35 mm setting framed the image to include all the clouds in the "V" formation without including anything more, which is exactly what I wanted to capture. Other specs: ISO 160, 1/500th sec. at f/8.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
04-22-2021, 01:05 AM   #60
Veteran Member

Hi @bygp. Thank you for telling us about this unusual lens.

Please note this is a contest and only one entry is allowed per person. So you could please pick which of the two images you want to enter.
Thank you.
I'll choose the landscape although it would have been sharper closed at 4 or more...