Show Printable Version 69 Likes Search this Thread
03-18-2009, 04:10 AM   #271
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
details sent..

03-18-2009, 07:43 PM   #272
Veteran Member

Nice shots Bramela. Can you maybe just add your name to the description in each photo so we know who took them and also geotag them if possible.

EDIT: If anyone does not know how to geotag, check out this video tutorial from flickr.

Last edited by figmental1978; 03-18-2009 at 09:46 PM.
03-19-2009, 12:16 AM   #273

Yeah , great stuff . How did you get it to work ?
03-19-2009, 12:54 AM   #274
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
sorry guys, I'm far to busy to risk holing the lens for a while, can you CROSS me OUT of the list?

BR
Peter

03-19-2009, 01:30 AM   #275
Veteran Member

Preach
I contacted Ibam, who supplied me with sign in details for the Flickr Account.
I have sent the details to the next recipient of the lens (Mechan1k) and asked him to pass it on with the lens.
Each user should be diligent to inform next user of the particulars to download their shots.
03-19-2009, 01:35 AM   #276
Veteran Member

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. Very encouraging. I didnt have a lot of time and snapped them off rather quickly.
Keep the good work going, and dont forget to download your photos, all future users of the lens.
03-19-2009, 02:35 AM   #277
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lbam Quote
Bramela, well done for turning the lens around in 24hrs! although a week is fine

K.
Well, that's good to know, lbam, but, if you still want it back by Xmas this year, the required average cycle time (post + hold time) is currently 6.2 days from here on.

The average cycle time to date is 16.6 days, although progress seems to be picking up a bit around Oz. Nonetheless, there's only another six of us Aussies left, out of a total of 43 remaining.

Just thought you'd like to know... No pressure...

03-19-2009, 03:29 AM   #278
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Well, that's good to know, lbam, but, if you still want it back by Xmas this year, the required average cycle time (post + hold time) is currently 6.2 days from here on.

The average cycle time to date is 16.6 days, although progress seems to be picking up a bit around Oz. Nonetheless, there's only another six of us Aussies left, out of a total of 43 remaining.

It would be great to get this Lens before Easter.. As I can then Hand it over to RobA OZ when I see him @ the Car Rally in the Southern Vales here in South Aust... Or He can hand it over to me..(:
03-19-2009, 08:19 AM   #279
m8o
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote

Well, if I end-up with it around Christmas time, I'll be happy to send it to Ibam, and replace his with my 50/1.7 and send it along to the next person.
03-19-2009, 11:39 AM   #280
Veteran Member

Surely the lens can be kept moving at a rather quick pace. I had it in my possession for about 24 hours. I know, people have work comittments etc etc. but getting off half a dozen shots and getting it back in the mail would not be too time consuming.
If we each do our best, we can surely move it quite quickly.

Enjoy the experience all
03-19-2009, 03:33 PM   #281
Veteran Member

I am picking the lens up from the Post office this morning ... will get some shooting time in today ... then working the weekend ... and then hopefully get some shooting time in Monday as well ... then should be meeting up with KrisK10D on Tuesday and do the handover then.

I'll then try and choose the better photos to upload after that .... although I'll upload a more comprehensive series to my Zenfolio as well under the "TravellingNifty50" tag as well.

Looking forward to this .... it's a nice day here today as well.
03-19-2009, 07:28 PM   #282

I don't agree with you uploading pictures to your Zenfolio, but who the hell am I to say. My impression of this, was not only the fun part - sharing you photos , sending it all over the world but the discipline in picking 3 pictures , from YOUR world. To be limited , and knowing that the rest is limited also. I might have the wrong impression of this.

?
03-19-2009, 08:50 PM   #283
Veteran Member

Well .. i know it is going to be very hard choosing 3 images out of the images I have taken today ... I just got back home from a 150km round trip up to Mt Victoria and back home ... so I have quite a number of images from up the mountains and surrounds. There's noway I can only upload 3.

I have to share at least some more with everyone on here than just 3 images. And I still have a few days left as well prior to me handing the lens over to Kristine ... so i will have more images to shoot still.
03-20-2009, 04:34 AM   #284
Veteran Member

My photos have been uploaded. http://www.flickr.com/photos/32640658@N02/

Thanks to lbam & Bramela for sending the flickr log on details.
Also another BIG THANKS to lbam for allowing for this lens to be sent around the world.
I hope everyone has as much fun and enjoyment from using the lens as I did. I look forward to seeing more pics for you all.

Bruce - nice pics...this 50 is one sharp lens

Danny - Great "set in stone" pic

Last edited by dazman; 03-20-2009 at 04:41 AM.
03-20-2009, 06:02 AM   #285
m8o
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tomypreach Quote
I don't agree with you uploading pictures to your Zenfolio, but who the hell am I to say. My impression of this, was not only the fun part - sharing you photos , sending it all over the world but the discipline in picking 3 pictures , from YOUR world. To be limited , and knowing that the rest is limited also. I might have the wrong impression of this. ?
Well I do (agree with posting the whole session anywhere anyone likes). The original intent I thought was to get it, take photos, send it along traveling to another, and post just one photo. Originally that is; last I see a number of 3 was given lastly to post to the shared flikr album. I'm happy about that. Surely tho the supplement has to go somewhere.

I'd like to suggest everyone post a link to their photo album either on flickr or off that contains the supplement within the description section of each image.