Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 69 Likes Search this Thread
11-21-2008, 06:55 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The tale of the traveling Pentax Lens...I would like to participate...

11-21-2008, 07:22 PM   #17

Please add me to the list.
11-21-2008, 08:31 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It's great the interest people are showing, but why not just say a little as to why you think your location, or situation or something else would be a good destination for the lens... It might help the sender decide where to send it...

Please be willing to carefully post by registered mail.

Trying not to be a witch here

Cheers!
11-21-2008, 09:01 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I'd like to be put in line somewhere. I love where I live and would like to show off a little of my corner of the world.

-Brian

11-21-2008, 09:20 PM   #20
Inactive Account

Reminds me of the XG Around The World project.

Sign me up - although I'm moving in a few weeks and would have to give you my new address later.
11-21-2008, 09:44 PM   #21

Oooooh. This is a great concept that is getting very interesting!
11-21-2008, 10:50 PM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by lbam Quote
It's great the interest people are showing, but why not just say a little as to why you think your location, or situation or something else would be a good destination for the lens... It might help the sender decide where to send it...

Please be willing to carefully post by registered mail.

Trying not to be a witch here

Cheers!
sorry guys
was busy all day with college and activities. just got back home..... I am so looking forward to using my first fully manual lens..... thanks for picking me first ibam... very kind of ya....
I am going to ask mike (x-man) if he is interested, if not, then other people can be in line.... ..... this is so cool, i am all excited about it.......

11-21-2008, 11:51 PM   #23
Veteran Member

This looks like a great idea!

I'd like to participate if possible. I'm from the Philippines and it's right by the equator. All islands and tropics here. About $15 to ship to me from NY (trusted courier there).

About how long does each person hold on to it for?
11-22-2008, 12:12 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ok the witch is back...

A flickr account has been created by one interested Pentaxian "Legacyb4"... thank you greatly! this must place him high on the list...

(Ask not what the lens can do for you, but what you can do for... blah blah)

Here's the Link, more text to be added when I get a chance...

Flickr: travelingnifty50mm's Photostream

The log in details will be passed on to each recipient of the lens so he/she can add to the pile... I'm not gonna put a limit on how many pics are added by each shooter, just don't go too crazy lol

I've been asked how long the lens is to be held by each person..

I'd like to state here my thoughts of 8 days, giving each person the chance of any day in the week to do their stuff... I like to say longer but I've got a feeling lot's of people want a go at this...

In terms of postage, I insured the item for $100 as this is it's approx value on ebay (maybe more), so I'd appreciate the same from everyone else. Like I said before it was registered mail, costing me C$21 in total just so you know...

Err.. I think that's all for now...

Last edited by lbam; 11-22-2008 at 12:34 AM.
11-22-2008, 12:14 AM   #25

ok so mike is getting this lens after me...... so guys, lobby with x-man if you want the lens next......
11-22-2008, 12:29 AM   #26

QuoteOriginally posted by lbam Quote

I'd like to state here my thoughts of 8 days, giving each person the chance of any day in the week to do their stuff... I like to say longer but I've got a feeling lot's of people want a go at this...
hmmm, i agree, 8 days max, but if you can send it out faster, the better it will be as more people will have a chance to use the lens.....
11-22-2008, 01:28 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Would love to participate in this. Shipping is too much for this corner of hell I live in.
11-22-2008, 03:11 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is the coolest idea I've heard of in a long long time!
11-22-2008, 06:25 AM   #29
Pentaxian

I don't know if it's too late top put my name down, if the owner wants the lens back in one year, but I really like that idea. It was discussed some time ago, and if there had been more interest at the time, I might have started it. I guess I should just have done it without waiting for support

I think the FlickR account is a very neat idea, and a sort of log could be kept by the users (ina thread here maybe?) to see where the lens has gone, what it's seen, etc.

As to why the lens could (should, whatever) come visit me : Winter in Quebec city is something that's not seen in many places. Loads of snow, festivals, hiking in the woods, all near or in one of the most photogenic cities in North America. So if anyone feels like it, let me know
11-22-2008, 07:58 AM   #30

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A photo of the recepient with the lens should alos be included!
Hehehe.. So that we can really make it into an interesting book! LOL!