Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #871

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
So where is the lens now? Last pics on Flickr look like they were taken in April ...
Pretty sure those pics are from Icywarm.

08-05-2011, 10:41 AM   #872

I haven't heard anything from anyone, should be getting close to my location soon i would suspect. That is if people can follow the simple rules LOL.
08-17-2011, 12:06 PM   #873
Veteran Member

Anyone heard from flickeroo? If you can't spend time with it, dont receive it! Just let it go on to the next on the list! This journey isn't supposed to take this long. Perhaps a GPS tracker for it is in order? lol.
08-18-2011, 09:31 AM   #874
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Flickeroo seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. his last post was in this thread june 4th

08-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #875
Veteran Member

If we do get a new lens for this, I suggest we make a rule that the current person's phone number ./ backup number would be stored by the previous holder and the moderator of the project. I know things can happen, but this way at least we'll have some way of tracking it. If the previous person before flickeroo knows his address, perhaps we can ask a member in the same area to check up on him.
08-18-2011, 11:42 AM   #876
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
If we do get a new lens for this, I suggest we make a rule that the current person's phone number ./ backup number would be stored by the previous holder and the moderator of the project. I know things can happen, but this way at least we'll have some way of tracking it. If the previous person before flickeroo knows his address, perhaps we can ask a member in the same area to check up on him.
Yeah, I second that idea. Also, I may have a lens to donate to this project should the current one get "lost".
08-19-2011, 08:03 PM   #877

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
Andi. I sent you a PM in regards to this. Hope it helps out.

08-20-2011, 06:28 AM   #878
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The situation is ridiculous. I had the lens for a few hours and then moved it on. There is absolutely no reason for this kind of non-communication and non-cooperation.
09-07-2011, 10:10 PM   #879
Forum Member

well aint this a bummer... thot it would of got to me by now...
09-07-2011, 10:16 PM   #880
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah it doesn't look good for the project. Hope nothing bad happened to the last possessor and they are OK.
10-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #881
Veteran Member

Sooo... any new news from the nifty 50, or is it considered dead?
10-25-2011, 04:33 AM   #882
Veteran Member

Who knows Steve.
Looking logically at the situation, flickeroo is unlikely to have done anything dishonest with the lens, personal repuation at a forum regularly visited and the value of the lens would suggest otherwise. So one can only conclude he/she has suffered some kind of misfortune.
10-31-2011, 09:43 PM   #883
Veteran Member

While I hope that nothing has happened to Flickeroo, it is time to launch a new lens. I think a few have mentioned possibly having a lens available, I definitely have an M50/1.7 available. My A version was my first lens purchase last year ironically from Steve B above. And it's not available but my M was an extra in an ebay lot and is ready to be shipped from MN. I haven't seen the lens yet so the first recipient would have to give it a thorough inspection (a lot to ask for?).

I would also like to organize things into more of a blog format while using flickr to host/share photos. The writeups would be similar to my personal blog including a paragraph telling where, when and who along with anything special about the lens. And then a short caption (currently on flickr). And then I would maintain a few historical nifty fifty pages including a map showing where it's been. AFAIK this doesn't exist for this project.
10-31-2011, 10:47 PM   #884

I'm still in. There's a few people up here in Canada that have yet to use it. I'd even be willing to grab a lens off of eBay or something just to get this going again. Such a simple idea but when left in the hands of a few certain people gets all screwed up.

Jay
11-01-2011, 05:50 AM   #885
Veteran Member

If an M was acceptable I'd offer up one (I have 2) but i think we should try for an A series. not everyone who participates will be fully versed in manual lens use and the A series will be easier for them (matters not to me I shoot mostly m's and taks myself)