Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-03-2008, 09:04 PM   #106
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
IDEA!!!!

Whoever gets the lens next, buy an SD card, send it along with the lens! All of you use that to record your pictures and send it along to the next person! You'll get to look back at others work and it solves the where to host pictures problem.

12-03-2008, 09:13 PM   #107
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You know how you sometimes see a VW Bug or VW Van or old Volvo (or whatever, as long as it's a klunker... gotta be a klunker) with "bumper stickers" not only on the bumper but all over the back of the car everywhere advertising where its been all over the continent you're on...? (well, at least here in the USA that's seen a good many times a year)

Wouldn't it be great if there could be an equivalent to that here? Now I'm not suggesting we start sticking mini stickers all over on Aamir's lens & caps that he has on loan to the collective for this fun trip. . Just saying "if only"...
12-03-2008, 09:31 PM   #108
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
What a brilliant Idea... I hope will someone document all of the travel and Photos.... it would be a fun book.
This was posted back on page one but I like this idea. I suggest we start a blog at blogger.com to document the travels of the lens with photos, words, geo maps, etc. When the project is finished (Dec 2009 - when the lens is returned) we can make a book from the actual blog which is easily done via blurb.com. I'm willing to initiate the blog and book (at a later date). With the blog, people will be added as group members to add their experience with the lens.

What do people think?
12-03-2008, 10:56 PM   #109
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
You know how you sometimes see a VW Bug or VW Van or old Volvo (or whatever, as long as it's a klunker... gotta be a klunker) with "bumper stickers" not only on the bumper but all over the back of the car everywhere advertising where its been all over the continent you're on...? (well, at least here in the USA that's seen a good many times a year)

Wouldn't it be great if there could be an equivalent to that here? Now I'm not suggesting we start sticking mini stickers all over on Aamir's lens & caps that he has on loan to the collective for this fun trip. . Just saying "if only"...
I planned to put a 4x6 print of a shot taken by the lens in the package to the next person - maybe a shot of me, maybe not, kinda like a companion postcard.

12-03-2008, 11:09 PM   #110
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
I planned to put a 4x6 print of a shot taken by the lens in the package to the next person - maybe a shot of me, maybe not, kinda like a companion postcard.

I was thinking of dropping something small in the box too, a stamp, keyring, something japanese.
12-03-2008, 11:35 PM   #111
Forum Member

I hope it is not too late but, if you're interested in pictures from Monterrey (northeastern Mexico), then add me to the queue.
12-05-2008, 02:32 PM   #112
Veteran Member

I really think this lens should be on permanent vacation, and a yearbook should be published annually of all the photos taken. Imagine the "Traveling Nifty Fifty: A Pentaxian Odyssey, Volume I, 2009" and one for every year after. Or maybe we do a different lens every year.

Last edited by gnaztee; 12-05-2008 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Spelling error...yikes
12-05-2008, 03:01 PM   #113
m8o
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gnaztee Quote
I really think this lens should be on permanent vacation, and a yearbook should be published annually of all the photos taken. Imagine the "Traveling Nifty Fifty: A Pentaxian Odessy, Volume I, 2009" and one for every year after. Or maybe we do a different lens every year.
I think that's a bit much to be asking of our lens donater and should be his choice to make. I think another lens from another person would be a good idea. ...but we're way ahead of ourselves...
12-05-2008, 10:32 PM   #114
Veteran Member

Heck, if everyone puts a $5 spot in the box when they send it on, we can buy a new one!
12-05-2008, 11:00 PM   #115
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Tonight is the first time I sat down to read this thread. What an incredible project! What fun!

The only question I have relates to the Flickr account. I was expecting more pictures by now. I was also hoping to see some sort of caption or comments indicating who took it, where it was taken, and something colorful about the shot, the project, the lens, or the photographer.

Steve

(Hoping to see all kinds of interesting stuff there as the miles/kilometers add up...someone is keeping track of the distance?)
12-05-2008, 11:06 PM   #116
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by elkarrde Quote
aamin515 (Ohio USA)

current: X-man (Maine USA)
next: Figmental (Japan)

Leadbelly (Phillipines)
HouseOfHorla (Teddington ?)
jsherman999 (Minneapolis USA)
PentHassyKon (California USA)

dazman (Melbourne AUS)
Igilligan (California, USA)
legacyb4 (tri-cities, BC, Canada)
Pollitowozhere (Puerto Rico)
gokenin (Lowell, MA USA)
Eastern Shore Charlie (21639 (zip) USA)
mi2nc (North Carolina USA)
the_int21h (South Caroline USA)

lithos (Brisbane AUS)
soccerjoe5 (Phillipines)
ftpaddict (Bucharest, Romania)
Eaglerapids (Idaho, USA)
bdery (Quebec City, Canada)
Fearview (Jakarta)
steVo_k200d (Hong Kong, China)
jah3 (Helsinki, Finland)
Bramela (Newcastle, AUS)
Deni (Albania)
Mechan1k (Sydney, AUS)
netuser (Azores Islands)
miserere (Boston, MA USA)
m8o (Eatons Neck, NY, USA)
elkarrde (Zagreb, Croatia)
oinkely (Ireland)
axl (London, Engand)
séamuis (Savannah, GA USA)
RobA _Oz (Hobart, AUS)
Dave_Sz (Illinois 60110 USA)
hwblanks (Williston, FL USA)
gnaztee (Tucson, AZ USA)
Damn_Brit (Oakland, CA USA
ll_cOfFeE_lP (Guelph, Ontario, Canada

LEGEND:
italic - members which already had the lens
bold - current owner
underlined - next member to get the lens

Updated list with ll_cOfFeE_lp's name on it.

Last edited by Damn Brit; 12-13-2008 at 12:17 AM.
12-06-2008, 10:14 AM   #117

QuoteOriginally posted by TourDeForce Quote
IDEA!!!!

Whoever gets the lens next, buy an SD card, send it along with the lens! All of you use that to record your pictures and send it along to the next person! You'll get to look back at others work and it solves the where to host pictures problem.
ummm.... what if the package gets lost on the way, then all the original pictures will be lost forever.....
12-07-2008, 02:37 AM   #118
Veteran Member

When it gets to me, I'll try to find a little box for the lens... sort of a case where we can put stickers or little notes on it to record where it has been...
12-07-2008, 05:48 AM   #119
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I'd like to join in and as Steve said before me, I hope distance travelled is recorded.
Please add to the list (sorry, couldn't figure out how to post it):

ll_cOfFeE_lP (Guelph, Ontario, Canada)

Love the idea of this!

c[_]
12-11-2008, 03:34 PM   #120
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hey I thought it was time I added something here again...

On the flickr page associated with this lens there is a geotagging/map option for pictures taken... The first four pictures have been geotagged accordingly, and clicking the "map" option shows where the lens has been..

Flickr: travelingnifty50mm's Photostream