Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 69 Likes Search this Thread
12-11-2008, 04:30 PM   #121
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
I think that we should follow the desires of Ibam and let the person that has the lens decide where it will go. I dont think we should limit to geographic location it may limit the number of people that get the lens but it will broaden the diversity of locations
Totally agree.

QuoteOriginally posted by gnaztee Quote
I really think this lens should be on permanent vacation, ........ Or maybe we do a different lens every year.
Due to the sucess I think this lens, a copy of it or even another lens will continue with this idea year after year since it's so fun

QuoteOriginally posted by leadbelly Quote
When it gets to me, I'll try to find a little box for the lens... sort of a case where we can put stickers or little notes on it to record where it has been...
Also it's kind of fun, but a digital support on flickr or other place is a must do.

Flickr: travelingnifty50mm's Photostream <-- The place where everyone is going for the morning F5 hit

12-11-2008, 08:52 PM   #122
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Whilst I originally said I'd like the lens back by Dec 2009, I reserve the right to change my mind and just let her go...

I guess just to hold it again would be something knowing it had been used by so many people and travelled so far...

12-12-2008, 01:31 AM   #123
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
who has the lens now? I still have seen only the first shot, before it started it's journey... Or is it somewhere in the post now?
12-12-2008, 08:56 AM   #124
Veteran Member

I'm primed, excited, and ready to contribute. I now have a paintbrush handle to go with this brush: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/40825-one-k20-k200-k2000.html

12-12-2008, 01:19 PM   #125
Veteran Member

I think that the list, as provided by Gary, is the best idea. Keep it updated. If the movements are left to free choice the lens could miss keen shooters and others may even have it more than once, if only by accident or lack of accurate tracking.

Go with Gary's suggestion, i say.

Also lets see the photos on here, and also, provide an up to date and accurate tracking of the lens as I believe this will create a greater interest as we all follow its movements.

So, c,mon, where is it now, and where are the photos??
12-12-2008, 11:04 PM   #126

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
who has the lens now? I still have seen only the first shot, before it started it's journey... Or is it somewhere in the post now?
the lens is lying in the po box of mike (x man) since december 6th accrording to the tracking info. mike sent me a pm saying that he was out of town for a week or so, so he should be back soon.....
12-16-2008, 04:20 PM   #127
axl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aamir515 Quote
the lens is lying in the po box of mike (x man) since december 6th accrording to the tracking info. mike sent me a pm saying that he was out of town for a week or so, so he should be back soon.....
thx for reply, I hope we'll get it moving soon again...

12-17-2008, 12:59 AM   #128
Veteran Member

If possible, could I use it on the return back to the US or in like April? Cause yeah...the only K mount I have now is the MX and I wouldn't want to risk the lens to our elements. I'm in Wisconsin...midwest US.

But it sounds like it'll be in other hands for a while. Such an awesome idea
12-19-2008, 09:43 AM   #129

wheres mike?
12-19-2008, 02:58 PM   #130
Veteran Member

Aamir,

Everyone else too... I'm so sorry for running late with the lens. I've finally posted an image taken with it on the Flickr account and will print up the postage tonight and finally mail it out tomorrow AM or Monday at the very latest! It's off to Japan and Danny Diaz aka: figmental1978 . Enjoy!

I've been away, and then busy, and then cold and snowed in and finally yesterday a loaded log-truck careened across my driveway crashing into the neighbors trees! Horrible wreck, that had the road all but closed for 7 hrs.

Whew!

Regards,
Mike
QuoteOriginally posted by aamir515 Quote
wheres mike?
12-20-2008, 08:32 AM   #131
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by X Man Quote
...and finally yesterday a loaded log-truck careened across my driveway crashing into the neighbors trees! Horrible wreck, that had the road all but closed for 7 hrs.
Did you, ummmm... take a photo of it using the travelling lens?
12-22-2008, 08:55 AM   #132
Veteran Member

Hi,

No, I didn't. Nor did I with any lens. I just couldn't find a reason too. I watched the wreck, and it was very bad. There wasn't anything at that scene I wanted immortalized. Besides, there are people who already have the job of photographing such calamity. Police and Reporters, and I'm not either.

Last night we got a blizzard with about 20" of snow. What a month. I'm printing postage right this minute and am heading out to finally drop our little lens off to ship out!

Regards,
Mike
QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote
Did you, ummmm... take a photo of it using the travelling lens?
12-22-2008, 05:49 PM   #133
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Glad to see you re-surface Mike, as was a little concerned to be honest...
Anyway, glad you're all ok, and keeping this thing moving on... Please send on the Flickr login details as well... Thanks!
12-27-2008, 10:40 AM   #134

Travelling...

What a unique idea! I admit I read only about half the posts before skipping to the end. Has anybody started mapping the route yet? If not I can create a map that each contributor can add to. I think they may even be able to link photos to their locations.
01-02-2009, 07:13 AM   #135
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
aamin515 (Ohio USA)

current: X-man (Maine USA)
next: Figmental (Japan)

Leadbelly (Phillipines)
HouseOfHorla (Teddington ?)
jsherman999 (Minneapolis USA)
PentHassyKon (California USA)

dazman (Melbourne AUS)
Igilligan (California, USA)