Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 69 Likes Search this Thread
11-13-2014, 12:39 AM   #1336
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
Would it be possible to be added to the list?
Updated list

severalsnakes - USA - shipping to njphotog

njphotog - USA

hmirchev - Bulgaria

Giklab - Slovenia

calculator01 - Canada

Neville - South Africa

PabloFP - Argentina

ballhog - USA

ivanvernon - USA

K David - USA

Does anyone think it might be good to swap Calculator01 and Neville positions so the lens perhaps can stay on one side of the world for a bit before crossing the ocean back to the Americas?
(I'm not sure if bouncing back across the Atlantic a couple of times really makes a difference these days in terms of shipping times?)

11-13-2014, 01:39 AM   #1337
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Or what about bumping calculator01 up a couple spots to keep it on the continent before going Europe, South America and back again.
11-13-2014, 03:27 AM   #1338
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dcBear78 Quote
Or what about bumping calculator01 up a couple spots to keep it on the continent before going Europe, South America and back again.
Fine by me. I don't see me having my camera back in the near future anyway.
11-13-2014, 08:29 AM   #1339
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dcBear78 Quote
Good idea, DC Bear. And thanks Giklab.

---------- Post added 11-13-14 at 07:33 AM ----------

@njphotog please see new 'next in line'

njphotog - USA

calculator01 - Canada

hmirchev - Bulgaria

Giklab - Slovenia

Neville - South Africa

PabloFP - Argentina

ballhog - USA

ivanvernon - USA

K David - USA

11-13-2014, 10:37 AM   #1340
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Good idea, DC Bear. And thanks Giklab.

---------- Post added 11-13-14 at 07:33 AM ----------

@njphotog please see new 'next in line'

njphotog - USA

calculator01 - Canada

hmirchev - Bulgaria

Giklab - Slovenia

Neville - South Africa

PabloFP - Argentina

ballhog - USA

ivanvernon - USA

K David - USA

All makes sense to me. I am next to last on the list so will not see it for a while. Any way, I have about a dozen other nifty 50s and 55s to practice on while waiting!
11-13-2014, 09:36 PM - 1 Like   #1341
Veteran Member

A few more of mine with the traveling lens... USPS tracking says it should reach njphotog tomorrow...

Here's all of the photos from my time with the lens!
11-13-2014, 10:05 PM   #1342
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Beautiful shots!

11-15-2014, 01:03 AM - 1 Like   #1343

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
A few more of mine with the traveling lens... USPS tracking says it should reach njphotog tomorrow...

Here's all of the photos from my time with the lens!
Very nice Sara! Beautiful shots!

---------- Post added 11-15-14 at 03:30 AM ----------

Gentleman and Ladies (and "other" to be PC),

I want to be happy to report to this thread that the "Nifty Fifty" has arrived safely in New Jersey!

...I want to thank SeveralSnakes (Sara) for a job well done in her photos utilizing an incredible lens and showing us her beautiful end result photography (Sara, you are talented), I hope with the lens in my possession, I may be able to produce some nice photos with it as Sara and others have done in the past.

Sara did a great job packing the lens for shipment, I didn't realize that six pounds of dog hair made for good packing material, I was able to knit a sweater with it just in time for the winter
Just kidding! For the record it was only four pounds. It arrived in excellent condition (no dog hair!) and I will put it to good use and send it out to the next in line after my "fun" with it.

I will update and get things moving, the next in line please contact me at: njphotog@hotmail.com with your shipping info so there is no delay when I am ready to ship. And again for the record, there was NO DOG HAIR when I received the lens, it was a mild joke between us when she notified me of shipping the lens.

Peace...
~Dave
11-15-2014, 08:16 AM   #1344
Veteran Member

lol! I only apologized if there was an "obscene" amount of dog hair. I refuse to believe there was "no dog hair"... I bet there was a little. (I swear it was mostly styrofoam peanuts.)

Thanks for the compliments, njphotog. I look forward to your results!
11-25-2014, 09:15 PM   #1345

Just checking in and quick update. I haven't done much with the lens as my pooch had unexpected short notice surgery and it has extremely limited my available time to get outdoors for photos. I will probably be actively using the lens this coming weekend (4 day weekend with T-Day) and do not want to slow up the list. I would like to ship it out to the next in line at the beginning of next week (or mid-week).
calculator01 - Canada - my email is: njphotog@hotmail.com if you can shoot me an email with your mailing address I promise I won't be as mean and cruel to you as Sara (SeveralSnakes) was to me
So, I will be banging out some stuff this weekend but may be a little slow getting the finished stuff up because of my screwy schedule.
~Dave
11-26-2014, 12:18 AM   #1346
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by njphotog Quote
Just checking in and quick update. I haven't done much with the lens as my pooch had unexpected short notice surgery and it has extremely limited my available time to get outdoors for photos. I will probably be actively using the lens this coming weekend (4 day weekend with T-Day) and do not want to slow up the list. I would like to ship it out to the next in line at the beginning of next week (or mid-week).
calculator01 - Canada - my email is: njphotog@hotmail.com if you can shoot me an email with your mailing address I promise I won't be as mean and cruel to you as Sara (SeveralSnakes) was to me
So, I will be banging out some stuff this weekend but may be a little slow getting the finished stuff up because of my screwy schedule.
~Dave
njphotog I just got this message from calculator01 -
QuoteQuote:
So sorry, I forgot all about this. Life is busy beyond belief for me so I have not been on the forum in months. With that said, could you please skip me and move me to the bottom of the list?
So can you send a PM to hmirchev to get his address for shipping to next? Thanks. @hmirchev if you are watching please contact njphotog

---------- Post added 11-25-14 at 11:19 PM ----------

Updated list:

njphotog - USA (current)

hmirchev - Bulgaria

Giklab - Slovenia

Neville - South Africa

PabloFP - Argentina

ballhog - USA

ivanvernon - USA

K David - USA

calculator01 - Canada

11-30-2014, 06:12 AM   #1347
Veteran Member

I'd love to join in on the project, this is really cool! For the record, I'm living in Norway-- so I'm guessing it'll take a little while to get to me :P
12-01-2014, 06:33 PM   #1348
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Latest list update:
njphotog - USA (current)

hmirchev - Bulgaria

Giklab - Slovenia

Neville - South Africa

PabloFP - Argentina

ballhog - USA

ivanvernon - USA

K David - USA

calculator01 - Canada

ZoeB - Norway
12-01-2014, 08:53 PM   #1349

Okay, I have received hmirche's shipping address and will be sending it out to him within a day or so, I will keep him and the forum updated as to when the lens is shipped.
~Dave
12-07-2014, 12:36 PM   #1350

Just a status update...Lens is in transit to hmirchev in Bulgaria. I will try to get some photos taken with the "50" up soon.
~Dave