Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 69 Likes Search this Thread
07-29-2015, 02:36 PM   #1441
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Excellent! We're back on track. Here's the current status and list (updated to reflect Ivan receiving the lens in a few days.)

ivanvernon - USA (Currently has the lens)
K David - USA
Kriss - USA
vagrown - USA
Pepperberry Farm - USA

08-01-2015, 02:51 PM   #1442
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Traveling nifty 50

The lens reached me today/Saturday, and I will use it over the weekend, and hopefully have it in the mail with photos posted by Tuesday morning, 8/04/15.This is lens registration number 1860572, the younger sister to my Pentax-A 50 mm f 1.7 No. 1251480.

I love the A series, including my recently acquired Pentax 135mm f 2.8. The Ms are great too, just a little more fiddly with the magic green button.

K David please send me your mailing address by private message. Thanks.
08-01-2015, 03:01 PM   #1443
Veteran Member

I'll PM it to you, but take your time. I'm pretty swamped this week and next.

For copying and pasting the list over the last couple weeks, it didn't dawn on me that I was after you.
08-02-2015, 12:58 AM - 3 Likes   #1444
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A few garden photos from the nifty fifty

We live out in the country, and I combine two favorite hobbies--gardening and photography . . . so here are a few images taken from our gardens and property in northern Ohio. Kit: K-3 with the travelling nifty fifty with its hood and filter attached. All are taken in manual mode in the late afternoon, no post processing.

K David, next on the list, tells me he is somewhat busy, and that I can take a little extra time, so I am planning another (non-floral) photographic outing in a few days.

Obiter dictum: I got several extremely over-exposed shots, leading me to suspect a sticky shutter. All the images are taken in manual mode, and for each of the extreme over-exposures, I retook the same shot with the same settings successfully, so the condition is sporadic, but I fear may become more frequent as time progresses. More insidiously, even apparent good exposures may possibly also be affected. I can try to arrange a complete CLA from a member if there is general agreement that it is a good idea. I welcome your comments before going ahead with this idea. Alternatively, one of the members scheduled to receive the lens may have lens CLA capabilities, so please speak up if you are that person and willing to share your skills.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
08-04-2015, 01:47 PM - 2 Likes   #1445
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Abandoned house

Couple more with the nifty fifty--an old abandoned farmhouse decrepit beyond repair.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
08-04-2015, 07:01 PM - 3 Likes   #1446
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Another floral

Hosta blossom from my garden.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
08-04-2015, 10:06 PM   #1447
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Hey folks I am consumed by work for the forseeable future.
Can I ask someone else to step up and manage the list for a while?
Are you able to take charge of the list again once I've received and then finished with the lens? Let's say on or around the end of August.

08-05-2015, 02:07 AM   #1448

My favorite is #6. I love photographing flowers.

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
We live out in the country, and I combine two favorite hobbies--gardening and photography . . . so here are a few images taken from our gardens and property in northern Ohio. Kit: K-3 with the travelling nifty fifty with its hood and filter attached. All are taken in manual mode in the late afternoon, no post processing.

K David, next on the list, tells me he is somewhat busy, and that I can take a little extra time, so I am planning another (non-floral) photographic outing in a few days.

Obiter dictum: I got several extremely over-exposed shots, leading me to suspect a sticky shutter. All the images are taken in manual mode, and for each of the extreme over-exposures, I retook the same shot with the same settings successfully, so the condition is sporadic, but I fear may become more frequent as time progresses. More insidiously, even apparent good exposures may possibly also be affected. I can try to arrange a complete CLA from a member if there is general agreement that it is a good idea. I welcome your comments before going ahead with this idea. Alternatively, one of the members scheduled to receive the lens may have lens CLA capabilities, so please speak up if you are that person and willing to share your skills.
08-05-2015, 03:39 AM   #1449
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
Are you able to take charge of the list again once I've received and then finished with the lens? Let's say on or around the end of August.
Yes, I will be happy to take over the list management. Do I need to go back over all past postings to bring the list up to date, or is it currently up to date as of the last posting of the list?

---------- Post added 08-05-15 at 06:42 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by vagrown Quote
My favorite is #6. I love photographing flowers.
Thank you. That particular flower is rather photogenic.
08-05-2015, 10:27 AM   #1450
Veteran Member

Yes, I will be happy to take over the list management. Do I need to go back over all past postings to bring the list up to date, or is it currently up to date as of the last posting of the list?
I actually was asking that of Crewl1, Ivan, since I think this is his list. But if you'd like to take it over, that would help me out a great deal. I haven't heard from Crewl1 in a while, so he may be swamped at work right now, too.
08-05-2015, 10:56 AM   #1451
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I actually was asking that of Crewl1, Ivan, since I think this is his list. But if you'd like to take it over, that would help me out a great deal. I haven't heard from Crewl1 in a while, so he may be swamped at work right now, too.
OK, I have plenty of time until my university teaching resumes at the end of this month. I will take over the list and read the back correspondence to make sure that everyone who has indicated an interest is included.
08-05-2015, 11:02 AM   #1452
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OK, I have plenty of time until my university teaching resumes at the end of this month. I will take over the list and read the back correspondence to make sure that everyone who has indicated an interest is included.

still interested here!
08-05-2015, 02:02 PM   #1453
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Excellent! We're back on track. Here's the current status and list (updated to reflect Ivan receiving the lens in a few days.)

ivanvernon - USA (Currently has the lens)
K David - USA
Kriss - USA
vagrown - USA
Pepperberry Farm - USA
Here is the updated list, all U.S. addresses, so things should move along pretty quickly. I wish to make the following suggestion. As convenient, each person on the list can PM their postal address to the person immediately above them as K David has already done for me.

I will probably mail the lens to K David this Friday, could have mailed earlier but he indicates that his heavy workload favors a slower mailing
08-05-2015, 04:05 PM   #1454
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I should be able to if things don't change.

However I'll welcome anyone else that has more consistent availability to take over preferably.
08-09-2015, 12:27 PM   #1455
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's on the way!

Here is the updated list, all U.S. addresses, so things should move along pretty quickly. I wish to make the following suggestion. As convenient, each person on the list can PM their postal address to the person immediately above them as K David has already done for me.

I will probably mail the lens to K David this Friday, could have mailed earlier but he indicates that his heavy workload favors a slower mailing
I just mailed the nifty fifty to David this Saturday, so look for it on Tuesday.

Leaves seem to be sticking, maybe three times during my use of the lens.

Kriss, please PM your mailing address to David.

Thanks all,

ivanvernon