Show Printable Version 69 Likes Search this Thread
01-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #151
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Agreed....

01-05-2009, 04:50 PM   #152
Veteran Member

Please add me to the list.. Would like to take this lens around the Adelaide Hills and the Wine Growing areas here in South Australia for a few days. Thanks to RobA_Oz for letting me know about this great idea. I don't know if it has been mentioned? Once it has been around the world.. This would make an excellent book featuring the work of Pentaxians and the story behind the lens.. I would buy such a book! You could sell the book here on pentaxforums which could earn some money for the site .. If done well maybe even Ned at pentax might pick it up too?
01-05-2009, 05:30 PM   #153
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, I agree with the thinking. Its on an Asian circuit at the moment, so why not let it complete all the Asian addresses on the list then move to next continent.
Just so long as as many on the list as possible have their opportunity to 'give it a go"
01-05-2009, 06:08 PM   #154
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With the lens starting in Toronto, and the owner wanting it back within a year, I'm close to Toronto, so if there is still room on the list, I wouldn't mind being the last stop on the travel of the lens, then it's a quick trip down the road to return lens to owner. If it doesn't make it to me, I won't be heart broken.

01-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #155
Veteran Member

Hi everyone, the lens has cleared customs in Japan and I should get it either today or tomorrow. I'll have it for a few days and then send it on to Leadbelly in the Phillipines, from there, who knows.

@X-Man - Do you have any more images taken with the lens? If you do, post them now on the flickr account before I do so they will be in chronological order.

Cheers
01-05-2009, 09:29 PM   #156
Veteran Member

If the lens will stay in Asia, I can pass it to soccerjoe (Philippines), then off to fearview (Jakarta) then steve0 (Hong Kong)... after that it can make its rounds in Australia. Good? Or stick to the list for criss cross travel?
01-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #157
Veteran Member

This has to be one of the coolest ideas ever.....I wish I would have put my name on the list earlier, but it looks like it will be traveling too much to add many more names if the OP is to get it back by next Xmas, can't wait to travel the world in this thread !!!

01-05-2009, 10:09 PM   #158
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by leadbelly Quote
If the lens will stay in Asia, I can pass it to soccerjoe (Philippines), then off to fearview (Jakarta) then steve0 (Hong Kong)... after that it can make its rounds in Australia. Good? Or stick to the list for criss cross travel?
I think it's up to you, either send it to people closer to you (for cheaper posting, more use) or stick with the original list (more interesting?) So far, we have stuck to the list.
01-06-2009, 01:02 AM   #159
Veteran Member

Just got the lens and have taken a few test shots with my K10D. I'll get serious with it for the next few days and ship it to Leadbelly on the weekend.
01-06-2009, 07:02 AM   #160
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
if it's not problem, i felt free to update list and add those two guys who said they want to be on list but they didn't put their name there (but if you maybe want, you can remove yourself)
i think you should be on the list, you never know, maybe you'll get the lens
aamin515 (Ohio USA)
X-man (Maine USA)

current: Figmental (Japan)
next: Leadbelly (Phillipines)

HouseOfHorla (Teddington ?)
jsherman999 (Minneapolis USA)
PentHassyKon (California USA)

dazman (Melbourne AUS)
Igilligan (California, USA)
legacyb4 (tri-cities, BC, Canada)
Pollitowozhere (Puerto Rico)
gokenin (Lowell, MA USA)
Eastern Shore Charlie (21639 (zip) USA)
mi2nc (North Carolina USA)
the_int21h (South Caroline USA)

lithos (Brisbane AUS)
soccerjoe5 (Phillipines)
ftpaddict (Bucharest, Romania)
Eaglerapids (Idaho, USA)
bdery (Quebec City, Canada)
Fearview (Jakarta)
steVo_k200d (Hong Kong, China)
jah3 (Helsinki, Finland)
Bramela (Newcastle, AUS)
Deni (Albania)
Mechan1k (Sydney, AUS)
netuser (Azores Islands)
miserere (Boston, MA USA)
m8o (Eatons Neck, NY, USA)
elkarrde (Zagreb, Croatia)
oinkely (Ireland)
axl (London, Engand)
séamuis (Savannah, GA USA)
RobA _Oz (Hobart, AUS)
Dave_Sz (Illinois 60110 USA)
hwblanks (Williston, FL USA)
gnaztee (Tucson, AZ USA)
Damn_Brit (Oakland, CA USA)
ll_cOfFeE_lP (Guelph, Ontario, Canada)
dayah (Zagreb, Croatia)
Andi Lo (Halifax, Canada)
minikin (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)
dropbear (Dublin, Ireland)
Adrian Owerko (South Australia)
eccs19 (Lisle, Ontario)

LEGEND:
italic - members which already had the lens
bold - current owner
underlined - next member to get the lens

Last edited by dayah; 01-08-2009 at 06:09 AM.
01-06-2009, 08:56 AM   #161
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by leadbelly Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by figmental1978 Quote
I think it's up to you, either send it to people closer to you (for cheaper posting, more use) or stick with the original list (more interesting?) So far, we have stuck to the list.

I can't speak/write for HouseofHorla and jsherman since they're ahead of me but it's ok with me - especially if it stays in my home country - pilipinas. I might have a request of leadbelly and soccerjoe for some pictures I'd like to see but I don't know where in the PI they're both located in.
01-06-2009, 09:21 AM   #162

So where has the lens been so far? I would like to plot it's route. I'll post a link to the map as it changes...
01-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #163
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
toronto was first, then ohio, maine...japan now.....
will you put just states or cities? (didn't remember part whhich was about map)
hm...and who still didn't put photos on flickr, aamin515, or X-man?

edit: ups, x-man didn't... i saw later...

Last edited by dayah; 01-06-2009 at 09:58 AM.
01-06-2009, 12:55 PM   #164
Veteran Member

I think Leadbelly has it sorted. Send to the Asian members, and then to Aus. We members down here, could have it say 2 or 3 days each and send it round it fairly short time.
AustraliaPost is a fairly quick and reliable service so I dont think it would need to dwell in Australia to long
01-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #165

I used Google maps, so much easier to edit.

Link to map