Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 69 Likes Search this Thread
11-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #541
Veteran Member

last one that i knew had it was seamus but sent him a PM and havent heard from him so not sure if he still has it or he has passed it on to someone

11-13-2009, 02:35 AM   #542

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by netuser Quote
Check the Azores

(We are not mainland but we are Europeans )
Hehe, didn't noticed that one.. But UK is closer to Netherlands than to the Azores
New Caledonia is French, but next to Australia ^^

Couldn't we regroup all Europeans? It just would give a clearer view on locations..
Let's say, regroup per continent?
just my 2cts

Last edited by ezechiel; 11-13-2009 at 02:42 AM.
11-16-2009, 10:46 PM   #543
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
no mate, I only recieved the lens, rear lens cap, minolta front cap and a "kitstar" filter. I dont know what jsherman left with the lens, but I sure didnt recive it. maybe its somewhere in Oz? if I can find a genune pentax front cap ill be happy to swap, if nobody objects. id even be happy to swap for a pentax UV filter, but I dont think I have on around that doesnt have smudges and fingerprints on it.
It had a Minolta cap when it arrived at my door. What I included with the package was a snapshot taken with the lens... Any photo in the box with it still?

Anyway, here's another shot from Nifty from when I had it:

Last edited by jsherman999; 11-16-2009 at 10:56 PM.
11-16-2009, 11:06 PM   #544
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If it was in the box when I got it Jay, I didn't see it. I don't think it was there.

11-19-2009, 08:19 AM   #545
Forum Member

When i received it the lens had a rear cap and that was all.
glass was ok though.
i couldn't leave it like that so i had that spare minolta cap and sent it on with that protecting it.

BTW, not too many pics on the Flickr account
11-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #546
Veteran Member

I believe that the lens is back on the move heading towards Eastern Shore Charlie within the next day or so I just heard from Seamuis who just finished up with it.
11-21-2009, 09:16 PM   #547
Veteran Member

GAWD!!! I L-O-V-E the bokeh of that lens!

NICE use of the 50 Jay! That particular shot has a little more harshness in the bokeh than I'm used to seeing, but a glimpse of Monet masterpiece background is there.

Last edited by TourDeForce; 11-21-2009 at 09:22 PM.
11-22-2009, 03:52 AM   #548

This is a fantastic idea! I was a bit disappointed to view the flickr stream though - I feel the photos should clearly show where they were from and who took them.

I also feel that the images should really have something to do with the place its wound up in; they look like any random average flickr photo. And what's with all the product shots?

Again - fantastic idea, but maybe there could be some self-imposed "rules" or just a bit more care taken in selection of images, plus a bit more consistency with labelling/geotagging.
11-23-2009, 12:40 PM   #549
Veteran Member

I just wanted to let everyone know that looking at the first page of the thread and have found out that the lens has now been travelling for 1 full year. So just wanted to say Happy Birthday and thanks to Ibam for starting this journey that is still going on.
12-01-2009, 01:09 AM   #550
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Gokenin, and to all those that have taken part so far!
Sorry to those that are still waiting for a chance to join in.
Perhaps someone would be kind enough to add a genuine Pentax lens cap to it soon, as traveling naked is risky
K.
12-19-2009, 01:23 AM   #551
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Any chance of an update Seamuis?
12-19-2009, 01:40 AM   #552
Veteran Member

Does the traveling nifty ever plan on traveling to Europe?
12-19-2009, 02:21 AM   #553

Photos: Albums
I think if this happens in the future, opening an account on Panoramio - Photos of the World
and having the person tag where, to the tee, the photo was taken when they had the lens would be a great idea. :]
12-19-2009, 01:06 PM   #554
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi Dan,
If I'm not mistaken the 50mm has been to Europe already, but as it's on a continuos journey, I'd expect it to make it back there at some point.

I'm not sure if it's been to South America yet however.. :-P

I don't want to disturb the order of things by saying where it should go however, as some people on here have been doing a pretty good job of updating the list of people who have already showed interest in receiving the lens, and as I've always said, I'd rather the current holder of the lens at any given point in time make a sensible judgement on where it should go next.

At the moment we're trying to see what "Seamuis" has to say about it's current location.

Pictures of the lenses travels are being geotagged in Flickr, and whilst this may not be the best solution it's a good start.
12-19-2009, 01:09 PM   #555
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lbam Quote
Hi Dan,
If I'm not mistaken the 50mm has been to Europe already, .....
I don't think so