Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 374 Likes Search this Thread
06-01-2021, 11:46 PM - 2 Likes   #331
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thought I had decided not get any more vintage lenses, I think I just accidetally bought A24

But this doesn't count as I just got it to support finnish culture

06-02-2021, 04:07 AM - 1 Like   #332

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Why would you need to simplify? If you don't have financial or storage problems, why would you need to limit your choices? K1/ii is fantastic partner to M lenses. It's really nice to use them as they were designed. Your M28 would be true wide angle again. Fifty true normal and 85 the portrait lens it was designed to be. You might want to add M120 to give you the reach 85 on APSC gives, but they aren't very costly. I believe I will get K1iii when it comes to have better AF for DFA* line I'm building up, but for M's I don't believe it will bring anything meaninfull, so unless you plan to build modern FF lens line up, there's no reason to wait for it. If you can afford K1, go for it. You're worth it

It's also a reason to single all your compatible lenses again...
You guys are painful to my wallet :-) I do appreciate the advice. My reason to simplify has more to do with what’s in my head then financial. Let’s just say I can have a hard time making choices. I think the best next step is to rent a K1 to see how I get along with the size and go from there. M120 would be a nice addition and would be much less expensive than a DA* 11-18

---------- Post added 06-02-21 at 04:09 AM ----------

Thought I had decided not get any more vintage lenses, I think I just accidetally bought A24

But this doesn't count as I just got it to support finnish culture
I like the “accidentally” part. Way to support the local economy :-)
06-02-2021, 04:22 AM   #333
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mbceft Quote
I think the best next step is to rent a K1 to see how I get along with the size and go from there.
Just be warned, that I have heard cautionary stories of people who simply couldn't let go after they took K1 in their hand.

Still I have to say the deals one can see on marketplace from sellers in states really make me drool: Pentax K-1, D FA* 85mm, D FA* 50mm, Sigma 35mm Art - PentaxForums.com
Prices in Europe tend to be clearly higher. Especially in a small market of Finland.
06-02-2021, 04:25 AM   #334
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

I like the “accidentally” part. Way to support the local economy :-)
Covid has hit hard on the artists. If a friend needs to sell lenses to pay for K3III, the least I can do is buy one

06-02-2021, 04:39 AM   #335
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just be warned, that I have heard cautionary stories of people who simply couldn't let go after they took K1 in their hand.

Still I have to say the deals one can see on marketplace from sellers in states really make me drool: Pentax K-1, D FA* 85mm, D FA* 50mm, Sigma 35mm Art - PentaxForums.com
Prices in Europe tend to be clearly higher. Especially in a small market of Finland.
The first K-1 I bought had an issue with a crazy e-dial so I had to send it back. I was already hooked on how good it felt, so I got another one not two weeks after that .
And yes, the US used prices are... ahem, enticing.

Though after paying a bit over 400€ for the Irix 11 (in Blackstone finish) I can't complain too loudly .
06-02-2021, 09:06 AM   #336

There deals here are good. I have drafted more than one PM to a marketplace seller and backed out before sending. Maybe now is the time to go for it :-)

---------- Post added 06-02-21 at 09:07 AM ----------

Covid has hit hard on the artists. If a friend needs to sell lenses to pay for K3III, the least I can do is buy one
The least you could do :-)

---------- Post added 06-02-21 at 09:09 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
The first K-1 I bought had an issue with a crazy e-dial so I had to send it back. I was already hooked on how good it felt, so I got another one not two weeks after that .
And yes, the US used prices are... ahem, enticing.

Though after paying a bit over 400€ for the Irix 11 (in Blackstone finish) I can't complain too loudly .
There is always that risk but I am not too adverse to it. I bought my K5ii from a local shop that had it in a corner for $250 with a shutter count in the low 4000’s. This was years ago. My K10D must have gotten jealous because it died like a month later.
06-02-2021, 06:37 PM   #337

My first adventure into DSLR-land was with a white K-S1. Very nice camera, a bit noisy, but it did what I wanted (basically a digital camera with a viewfinder) and I could use the lenses I'd bought to go with my K1000 back in the mists of time. More manual lenses arrived, as they do, and I got it into my head that full frame would be the way forward. Probably to get the best out of the Helios 44 collection that I had built up by that time. So I bought a K1, and I'm really glad I did. The old manual lenses that I have do seem work better on full-frame and the camera is good in the hand. I'm not feeling the need to upgrade to a K1 ii or iii.

06-03-2021, 12:34 AM - 2 Likes   #338
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

I finally got thru the shots from last saturday trip to Puurijärvi-Isosuo National Park that consist of lake area that is one the most important wetlands for birds in Finland, couple of swamps and river area. There are strick restriction for moving in area to give birds nesting peace. There are few bird watching towers around the lake and you can move in the river area and on the pathway at the edge of the bigger swamp. The divercity of sceanery is impressive in the area. From traditional agriculture sceanery to wetlands and swamps. I had DFA*85 and M28/2.8 for K1 and M*300 for K3, but it didn't see much use.

I don't want spam this thread with shots, but if someone is interested I put all shots here: Puurijärvi-Isosuo | Zonerama.com
06-03-2021, 02:55 PM   #339
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I finally got thru the shots from last saturday trip to Puurijärvi-Isosuo National Park that consist of lake area that is one the most important wetlands for birds in Finland, couple of swamps and river area. There are strick restriction for moving in area to give birds nesting peace. There are few bird watching towers around the lake and you can move in the river area and on the pathway at the edge of the bigger swamp. The divercity of sceanery is impressive in the area. From traditional agriculture sceanery to wetlands and swamps. I had DFA*85 and M28/2.8 for K1 and M*300 for K3, but it didn't see much use.

I don't want spam this thread with shots, but if someone is interested I put all shots here: Puurijärvi-Isosuo | Zonerama.com
Great set! Looked like there was some flooding in some of the areas.
06-03-2021, 04:16 PM   #340
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice takes. I really liked the one of the tower with the reflection below.
06-03-2021, 10:29 PM   #341
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
Great set! Looked like there was some flooding in some of the areas.
I think it's typical spring time flooding. It will dry up during the summer.
06-03-2021, 10:32 PM   #342
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rtmarwitz Quote
Nice takes. I really liked the one of the tower with the reflection below.
It shows the DFA*85 ability to lift a layer up from behind the brances.
06-04-2021, 03:57 AM   #343
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the best next step is to rent a K1 to see how I get along with the size and go from there
I rented a K-1 several times before finally purchasing a used K-1 here on PF. I would rent during a period when I knew I could spend a lot of time taking photographs. I am glad I chose this route, it made me confident that this was the camera I really wanted. I plan on doing the same things with A KP.
06-05-2021, 02:08 PM - 1 Like   #344

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I rented a K-1 several times before finally purchasing a used K-1 here on PF. I would rent during a period when I knew I could spend a lot of time taking photographs. I am glad I chose this route, it made me confident that this was the camera I really wanted. I plan on doing the same things with A KP.
Thanks for the feedback. I would plan renting when I have some time off. I’ve held off this long, what’s another month or two ;-)