Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2021, 06:51 PM   #46

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
Yup, in again. I think I'll be doing the 31 days with the 31mm in May.

I'm in with the Monochrome Mondays, and Taco Tuesdays...that one may not have been an option...
What about blue momo Mondays? I’m always up for Taco Tuesdays too!

---------- Post added 04-27-21 at 06:57 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Waffles Quote
I'm gonna jump in on the single-in. Never done one before but it seems like fun. My first thought is the 70 Ltd or the DA 50 because they're what I use 98% of the time but I guess it's supposed to be a challenge, right. I'll go with the 15 Ltd because I have no idea how to shoot with a wide angle lens. Should be an interesting month
Welcome and don’t worry, it will be challenging enough no matter what lens you choose. One month in is good, two months in you start to run out of ideas and three months in you start to loose you sanity!

04-27-2021, 11:10 PM - 1 Like   #47
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm gonna jump in on the single-in. Never done one before but it seems like fun. My first thought is the 70 Ltd or the DA 50 because they're what I use 98% of the time but I guess it's supposed to be a challenge, right. I'll go with the 15 Ltd because I have no idea how to shoot with a wide angle lens. Should be an interesting month
Welcome

When you run out of grand ideas pick something everyday and regular and try to find interesting or lighting to shoot it. Often the first and most obvious view ain't the best.

Also when you have nothing good to post, post something bad. Even if you feel embarrassed to publish it. It keeps you in the rythm of daily shooting and gives you motivation to do better next day. Sometimes life gets in the way and you have only few minutes to photography or weather is awful and you can't find motivation or something else limiting your performance. We've all been there, so we understand occasional safety

Have fun with 15ltd. If nothing wlse works, go crazy with it
04-27-2021, 11:16 PM   #48
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by W412ren Quote
Spent a while with the settings today - initial thoughts:
  • The touchscreen LCD display is great - I'm already trying to change settings on the K-1 using my finger
  • The menus are different but familiar and well laid out
  • Playback is much improved, especially if zooming in with what amounts to PinP
  • The changes to the hand grip are subtle but very nice; even with the extra weight of the camera, to me at least, it feels more like the K5 than the K3
  • AF is fast
  • Connection to a phone is simple and works well
  • Customisation levels are bonkers
But bestest of all is that Viewfinder - just glorious -
  • my plan was/is to keep my K-5iis but I don't know if ill be able to cope with the viewfinder.
  • This new one is no different to looking through the K-1
  • And the information is crystal clear and laid out perfectly
Thought I don't have it or plan to get it, I'm confident that K3III is huge step up for Pentax. What I'm really interested is how well eyeAF works in portrait shooting. Not the main feature for wild life camera, but will be one of my main motivations to consider upgrade when K1III will eventually come available.
04-27-2021, 11:28 PM - 2 Likes   #49
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mbceft Quote
I'm in again.

I missed the conversations and pics. Been jumping around a while but this is where I need to be. I'll join WO85 with the M85 f/2

Fair warning, I have been playing with PS lately so there will be some artsy fartsy stuff to come.
Good to have more participants in May Wide Open. The good old M85 is basically the opposite to DFA*85 in Pentax catalogue. Nice to see them running together.

Speaking of participants. I'm waiting to here from Gary. I was hoping he would bring an other DFA* into lineup, but he's been oddly absent lately. I hope everythings ok.

04-28-2021, 12:31 AM - 1 Like   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Aaaaannnnd... it sits at f/22. Not the bestest.

Sure, everything’s in focus but it’s also blurred because the exposure time is too long. xP
Have a look at K&F concept adapters. I got one for my Fuji that has a built in aperture ring. You are guesstimating but it is controlable

---------- Post added 28-04-21 at 12:35 AM ----------

Oh, you will love the 15mm. SMC OR HD? I did a sic with it a few months ago and it went straight to the top of my favourites

---------- Post added 28-04-21 at 12:39 AM ----------

BTW, I am also in. My 35mm limited is feeling neglected. But what I also want to do is shoot for a month in Jpeg, using some of these recipes

Creating a jpeg style - PentaxForums.com

I plan to build them into currently redundant user modes on my KP so I can mame them and know what I am shooting. I may also have a fiddle with the cameras jpeg enhancements here goes nothing
04-28-2021, 03:23 AM - 1 Like   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
guess it's supposed to be a challenge, right. I'll go with the 15 Ltd because I have no idea how to shoot with a wide angle lens.
Good idea, 30 straight days of using any lens will either endear it to you, or make you put it up for sale.

Mattt's photo is a great wide angle shot, and his tips are apt. I'd also add that using a POV other than eye-level results in better images. Also, if you have a foreground subject, get close to it, otherwise it might not be so prominent in the final image.
04-28-2021, 08:30 AM - 3 Likes   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
when you have nothing good to post, post something bad.
Oh, I have a feeling that wont be a problem.

04-28-2021, 09:04 AM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh, I have a feeling that wont be a problem.
So says the inventer of "Ismosharp (taking it to the next level!)" if Ismo posted something bad we would all assume his account had been hacked
04-28-2021, 03:13 PM   #54
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
So says the inventer of "Ismosharp (taking it to the next level!)" if Ismo posted something bad we would all assume his account had been hacked

Truth!!
04-28-2021, 03:33 PM   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Good to have more participants in May Wide Open. The good old M85 is basically the opposite to DFA*85 in Pentax catalogue. Nice to see them running together.

Speaking of participants. I'm waiting to here from Gary. I was hoping he would bring an other DFA* into lineup, but he's been oddly absent lately. I hope everythings ok.
Not going wide open myself... I either use the 77 (and I'd rather put it at f/2.5 or so) or I use the Tamron 90mm, and that one is manual focus and 1:2 macro... so wide open is asking for trouble .

I'll try to get as many wide open shots as possible, though
04-28-2021, 05:52 PM - 1 Like   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am waffling between 70/2.4 Ltd and 85/2... pardon the invocation of your name @Waffles
04-28-2021, 06:24 PM   #57
Pentaxian

Single in May 2021

Have a look at K&F concept adapters. I got one for my Fuji that has a built in aperture ring. You are guesstimating but it is controlable

Oh! I did see an adaptor that has an aperture ring built-in, but it sounded as though that only worked with manual aperture control - which I took to mean a ring ... which would make that ring redundant ... so I don’t know what I was thinking. xP

So they work with Pentax DA lenses???

(Kind of idle and weird thinking, as the KP is so many million times better than the Lumix ... but ... could be a bit of fun using the DA 21 with a different field of view)
04-28-2021, 08:03 PM - 2 Likes   #58
Pentaxian

Ok then... ordered a K&F Concept K to m4/3 adaptor. Had a re-read, and a look around teh interwebz (which were often unhelpful, but I did find one video of a guy showing the aperture of his Nikon lens opening and closing with the Nikon version of the adaptor).

So. We’ll see. I’d quite like to try my other non-aperture ring Pentax lenses on my old Lumix, so it’ll be fun.
04-28-2021, 10:41 PM   #59
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

So nice of you to say that, but I've posted my share of safeties.
04-28-2021, 10:44 PM   #60
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Not going wide open myself... I either use the 77 (and I'd rather put it at f/2.5 or so) or I use the Tamron 90mm, and that one is manual focus and 1:2 macro... so wide open is asking for trouble .

I'll try to get as many wide open shots as possible, though
No trouble at all. I just had a month with 60/2.8 1:1 macro and it worked fine wide open at MFD