Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 39 Likes Search this Thread
05-03-2021, 04:08 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I spent most of the past week out of town on a last minute trip which kept me away for business on Thursday, Friday, and Monday. Since it made no sense to come all the way back through Beltway hell, I decided to go north on the weekend and see some family in my home town. I'd been away longer than intended, so it was a great chance to see everyone, and go hiking at the New Jersey Botanical Gardens as well as stay overnight in the park at Skylands Manor. It was a real photo opportunity, and I'll be spending the next 2 days downloading all the pictures I took with the Promaster Spectra 28-200mm or the Takumar 17mm FE.

05-04-2021, 03:35 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

I was thinking of sitting out from daily...bu yeah, as some of you have seen. I'm not doing that. Interesting times ahead, so why not to keep things rolling regardless..
05-04-2021, 12:27 PM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

I dunno, all of this excitement over that new K-3III was too much for me and I pulled the trigger. I also did get HD TC for it. So this will kind of change again my lens lineup to almost double up for daily in stuff... Should be good some of my aps-c lenses have been collecting dust(like DA*16-50 and DA 55-300 WR). Going to have to sell many lenses off to get some of my new investment 'smaller'... but still I think it is going to be worth it.
05-04-2021, 01:31 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
I dunno, all of this excitement over that new K-3III was too much for me and I pulled the trigger.
I know what you mean. It looks great but tbh it's a shed load of money. Still, I could always sell a few things.

05-04-2021, 09:16 PM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
I know what you mean. It looks great but tbh it's a shed load of money. Still, I could always sell a few things.
I know. I have a good feeling about that K-3III. I did buy m4/3 once to be my travel camera and nice small fun thing. But K-1 spoiled me. Now this thing seems to be close the K-1 in image quality(!) but miles ahead with AF and overal performance. Mist of things I wanted from ’other system’. Now available with K-mount . In that way it is not that much ... this is my reasoning to my self. Also K-1 AF has really started to put me off. Since my little girl is so fast now(funny how quick that happened).
05-05-2021, 03:26 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Luckily my weekend was rich in imagery, since the past two days of work have been so busy and I've had to resort to safeties.

I am not in a hurry to get a new camera since my K-1 s so good, but I will rent a KP, and a K-3iii when I get a chance.
05-07-2021, 06:41 PM   #22
Veteran Member

My next camera will have a tilt screen. I'm loving my new GRiii but not having a tilt screen is limiting on how I like to shoot sometimes. the K-3iii sounds great but I'll wait till some of the technology trickles down or along to another model.

05-08-2021, 02:01 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wstruth Quote
My next camera will have a tilt screen. I'm loving my new GRiii but not having a tilt screen is limiting on how I like to shoot sometimes. the K-3iii sounds great but I'll wait till some of the technology trickles down or along to another model.
I think a flippy screen is the only thing I would add to my GR iii.
05-08-2021, 02:13 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I dunno, all of this excitement over that new K-3III was too much for me and I pulled the trigger. I also did get HD TC for it. So this will kind of change again my lens lineup to almost double up for daily in stuff... Should be good some of my aps-c lenses have been collecting dust(like DA*16-50 and DA 55-300 WR). Going to have to sell many lenses off to get some of my new investment 'smaller'... but still I think it is going to be worth it.
Congrats! Eager to see and hear your results and thoughts.
05-08-2021, 04:28 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
I think a flippy screen is the only thing I would add to my GR iii.
Isn't it though?

I've convinced my wife to let me buy a Moment macro lens for my phone camera by saying I would get her a Moment case for her iPhone, so she could use it as well. So, after i ordered it Sharon asks so what kind of lens did you get me for my phone? Last year I bought her a micro 4/3ds camera and almost all of my M43 lenses have disappeared into her clutches. So I may have to buy another Moment lens....

Last edited by wstruth; 05-09-2021 at 04:54 AM.
05-09-2021, 03:35 AM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
Congrats! Eager to see and hear your results and thoughts.
Thanks! Me too...don’t know when it will ship..but hopefully next week.
05-09-2021, 04:56 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Thanks! Me too...don’t know when it will ship..but hopefully next week.
I think it will be worth the wait, based on all of the good things I've heard about it. It even did well with the DPR zig zagging Jordan test.
05-09-2021, 06:02 AM   #28
Pentaxian

I think it will be worth the wait, based on all of the good things I've heard about it. It even did well with the DPR zig zagging Jordan test.
Thanks! Yes, I think(and hope) so too. Not that I’m planning on capturing Jordan, but my daughter does make similar movements and more...
05-10-2021, 03:10 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Thanks! Yes, I think(and hope) so too. Not that I’m planning on capturing Jordan, but my daughter does make similar movements and more...
I miss those days, my daughters are young women now. I do enjoy their company but I cannot get away with the old raised eyebrow making them quake with fear, they've learned I am a pushover.
05-10-2021, 03:43 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No flippy screen though, which is disappointing.