Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 39 Likes Search this Thread
05-21-2021, 05:17 PM - 1 Like   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I did get a few pictures in during breaks today. More for my own enjoyment than anything else.

05-25-2021, 12:45 PM - 3 Likes   #47
Pentaxian

Just couple of thins,

I took some photos of lenses and stuff I'm going to sell of to fund K-3III (also I promised my self that I'm going to do it, I don't use them anyway any more) with K-3III. I have to say that I'm kind of blown away with image quality from this new camera. I was thinking that if K-1 next model is going to upscale this, it is going to be a killer machine. Image quality is close to K-1. no kidding. I'm not sure if it should be like this, and all that, but to my eye from computer screen it looks like that. colour is amazing and DR too. I hope that LR update will come soon thou. It is not 100% correct at some times, and what I have seen, it can be very nice. Also everything else is so much better. I'm not worrying about that flippy thing at all. Really. I thought that I'd be missing it, but no. It is too small screen anyay, so tilting and moving will just give arbityrary estimate anyway. So you'll be g´better off with external screen, if you need good picture of the scene...plus i like the sturdyness of what I have now.

Sorry about this. I don't know where should I project these thoughs other than my favourite group of fellow photographers...
05-25-2021, 05:26 PM - 1 Like   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
so much better. I don't know where should I project these thoughs other than my favourite group of fellow photographers...
We are honored. Glad it is working out. Sure seems to have a lot going for it. tfs
05-27-2021, 12:29 PM - 1 Like   #49
Pentaxian

Thanks Todd!

Yeah, I took my K-3III at one filming work yeasterday. I'm quite happy, I hope that I learned about that new LV edge mode before yesterday thou... It was quite hard to see exactly from that little screen especially when I had to shoot moving scenes with kids going back and forth. But, where I did get things in focus and light was okay, result looks quite nice and promising. Sure it is not a pro video camera, but seems qute good for b-cam and all that. Going to edit that and material I'v been shooting 2 weeks and will be shooting tomorrow and propably at monday too. so I'm not sure If I can do anything else than just post a photo and comment briefly if even that.

I'v listed some lenses for sale too and have to monitor that too. So I'm sorry in advance. I'll jump in for next month...because -this- will end at some point and I want to keep shooting and learning my new camera. IT IS amazing BTW(still on honey moon & selling bunch of gear to make that and my car repair bill (holy monkey, it all happens at once don't it) get more smooth).

So see you at the other side
of
the month.

05-27-2021, 04:47 PM - 1 Like   #50
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm quite happy
Glad to hear it.
(holy monkey, it all happens at once don't it
Yes, it does, and that's why I'm not planning any new gear purchases for a while, either
05-31-2021, 03:31 PM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
All these GR flippy screen wants! Given my love for flippy screens in general I surprise myself not minding the absence on the GR. I was talking to Rod about it and think the general mode/ethos of the tiny cam makes me not think about it or want it... Now being able to brighten the GR3 screen makes me feel flippy wants even less... But sure ok in an ideal world... And when the bulk is already there, for sure where's my K3m3 flippy!?
Well I was just out in the yard with my Canon G5Xmark2, So........GRIII needs a flippy screen, the rear LCD I cant get bright enough to see, every thing else is just fine. So GR4 should have a pull out EVF like my G5X/2 and all would be fine.

---------- Post added 05-31-21 at 07:44 PM ----------

Ideas for June,

window view
alone
mailbox
green
broken
flat,
fun
june 6th, storming the beaches
05-31-2021, 04:04 PM - 1 Like   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've put up a thread for June. I hope nobody minds...

Daily in June 2021 - PentaxForums.com

05-31-2021, 08:10 PM - 2 Likes   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
I've put up a thread for June. I hope nobody minds...

Daily in June 2021 - PentaxForums.com
Hey thanks! I totally spaced it!
05-31-2021, 11:29 PM - 1 Like   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Hey thanks! I totally spaced it!
No worries, I thought I'd step up as a regular.
05-31-2021, 11:41 PM - 1 Like   #55
Pentaxian

Thanks all for tha May, i was fun. Now heading to June...going to be wild month...