Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2021, 11:16 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wstruth Quote
I miss those days, my daughters are young women now. I do enjoy their company but I cannot get away with the old raised eyebrow making them quake with fear, they've learned I am a pushover.
I know what you mean. I'm looking at my little girl just growing and growing and knowing good old dad is goin to be seen differently(now a hero!) in few more years...but, untill then! I'll take this, and cheris it.

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
No flippy screen though, which is disappointing.
I will report back how much I miss my K-1 kind of screen and all in all how usable it is, as it is, As I'm going to shoot side to side with them. Actually K-1 is not going anywhere.

05-11-2021, 04:48 AM - 1 Like   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
just growing and growing
My son graduates from university today, time flies.
05-13-2021, 03:05 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

As always, it seems like I either take 100 photos, or none at all.
05-15-2021, 03:12 AM - 1 Like   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's finally the weekend! I have many things to catch up on, but I'll probably spend time at the drag strip and car show, because it's spring, the weather is beautiful, and life is short.
Hopefully you will enjoy your time off as well and I look forward to seeing everyone's images.

05-15-2021, 06:55 AM - 2 Likes   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
It's finally the weekend! I have many things to catch up on, but I'll probably spend time at the drag strip and car show, because it's spring, the weather is beautiful, and life is short.
Hopefully you will enjoy your time off as well and I look forward to seeing everyone's images.
Have fun! We're moving my daughter today so wile it's not going to be lots of fun, it will still be a big day for her and us.
05-15-2021, 06:29 PM - 1 Like   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wstruth Quote
Have fun!
I did! After teh dragstrip, I went to a local park which was full of groups of people and lots of activity
05-16-2021, 04:05 AM   #37
Pentaxian

Have done some uploading to Flickr but no posting. My apologies.
Hope everyone is well these days!

05-16-2021, 04:18 AM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
I miss my K-1 kind of screen and all in all how usable it is
Lately I've been taking full advantage of the K-1 EVF screen, it's one of those features I didn't think I needed, but now that I've been trying to use POVs other than eye-level, I find it almost indispensable. I do need to play with the setting to make it brighter in full daylight.
05-17-2021, 02:35 AM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Back to the daily grind, hopefully I get some more pictures that I did during the past week.
05-17-2021, 04:56 PM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
All these GR flippy screen wants! Given my love for flippy screens in general I surprise myself not minding the absence on the GR. I was talking to Rod about it and think the general mode/ethos of the tiny cam makes me not think about it or want it... Now being able to brighten the GR3 screen makes me feel flippy wants even less... But sure ok in an ideal world... And when the bulk is already there, for sure where's my K3m3 flippy!?
05-17-2021, 05:26 PM   #41
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

For the GRiii, I'd be wiling to forego the flippy screen to gain the high performance in a compact form.
05-18-2021, 12:57 PM   #42
Pentaxian

I’ve been less than involved lately, and I need to have a bit of reevaluation as to which photos I deem ‘keepers’.

See y’all next month!
05-18-2021, 05:21 PM - 1 Like   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
I need to have a bit of reevaluation as to which photos I deem ‘keepers’.
I often do the same thing everything few months.
05-21-2021, 04:19 AM - 2 Likes   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hoping to take advantage of working from home today by grabbing a few minutes for photos during the course of the day.
05-21-2021, 12:58 PM - 3 Likes   #45
Pentaxian

K-3III. I did get nice deal with memorycard and HD TC (2400€ all), but couple of days I'v been little abit having buyers remorse. Today it arrived. Still having buyers remorse, I'll sell some old lenses and other photo stuff...should be fine. The thing is that after having that feeling and THEN opening packet up and finding quite small camera from small box, my feelings were mixed. Had DA 55-300 WR and DA*55 and DFA 28-105 with me. Well forgot to put camera to shoot RAW. Have been playing around many hours now and also got my DFA 15-30 and 50/2.8 and *70-200 in mix too.

-Buyers remorse is still at there-

but

it is very nice

very nice and it packs a lot with in. IF I can survive this bump I'm going to buy a battery grip for it. It does fit very well in my hand, but it really is an action camera and shooting video does suck that battery juices like nothing.

Yeah, remorse

AF is amazing.

handling and shooting with it is amazing, just looking through it is amazing, considered that it is that small...how did they...? yeah.

Video, it is good enough. Would love it if it was a tad better, but I have not learned it's quirks yet, so one of my BMPCC4k could still be on it's way to next user...dunno yet.

- by morse-

it is interesting. K-1 is fast too and K-3 was before that, but they were(K-1 still isn't really as well as K-3 was not) reliable with focus and there are is/was the time something. Let's be honest. I bought K-3 III just to see if it really is something to look for, or if I should look for something else instead. All or nothing.

I'll give it couple more days more, but I have to say that I have been convinced, quite a bit. Also I want to believe, but it does seem that there is future for Pentax and it is not just hobby/have fun future. I have learned to how to get shots that I need, but there has been several more shots that I really wanted. I think that from now on, I really dont have to worry about that so much and I can have more fun too.

Thi was just a quick confess and all that. I'm happy that they did make this camera. Just look through that OVF and that is enough. Have you noticed a slight vingetting in your K-1. I did not notice that either, untill now. That and the fact that AF is very nice and that burst really works with something moving and black out is hardly noticeable...you know. yeah. Let us see in few weeks what it will be.