Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Vote for the winner of volume 3 of Something Special About that Lens
Entry #1 1318.31%
Entry #2 79.86%
Entry #3 1318.31%
Entry #4 79.86%
Entry #5 34.23%
Entry #6 11.41%
Entry #7 11.41%
Entry #8 1216.90%
Entry #9 68.45%
Entry #10 45.63%
Entry #11 45.63%
Entry #12   00%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2021, 04:24 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Something special about that lens - volume 3 - 28-39mm

What a fantastic month. A huge number of entries so I'll let the voting run a little longer this time. Thanks to all who participated. I hope this contest has made you think about some of your (perhaps less often used) lenses in a different light. Please feel free to message me with any feedback you have.

Without any further ado, here are the entries to vote on. Please remember that voting should reflect not just an interesting image, but one that shows off the special characteristics of the lens.

Voting ends May 27.

#1 A legendary limited with exceptional clarity and sharpness, smooth bokeh, and amazing color rendition.

#2 A flexible zoom that helps capture a story

#3 A lens that looks good, and made the photographer look good too with wonderful colors, clarity, overall image quality.

4. The best wide angle zoom ever made for any DSLR (shot using a 645Z)

5. A lightweight, sharp, perfect zoom range walkaround lens

6. Wide open depth of field in a zoom

7. A tough lens for crazy weather

8. The wide range of a modern lens

9. Exploiting an old manual lens with extraordinary bokeh and very pronounced flare that can be deliberately used for effect

10. A classic 'K' prime lens that is able to produce images that are sharp and subtle at the same time!

11. Versatility due to the excellent sharpness and colour contrast at all focal lengths

12. A versatile lens with very good focusing across the field.

---------- Post added 05-13-21 at 07:27 PM ----------

Last edited by MSL; 05-18-2021 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Swap headings for 5&6
05-18-2021, 03:16 AM   #2
Pentaxian

The images of submission 5 & 6 seem to be interchanged:
The busterminal belongs to the "A lightweight, sharp, perfect zoom range walkaround lens" description and vice versa

Thanks for organizing the contest @MSL nonetheless.

edit: problem has been fixed

Last edited by othar; 05-18-2021 at 08:36 PM.
05-18-2021, 08:22 PM   #3
MSL
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by othar Quote
The images of submission 5 & 6 seem to be interchanged:The busterminal belongs to the "A lightweight, sharp, perfect zoom range walkaround lens" description and vice versa
This has now been fixed. Thank you for flagging it Patrick. Too much cutting and pasting (or dragging and dropping) between threads on a laptop sized screen.
05-21-2021, 08:54 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There are some really interesting images here. But before voting, how can I know what comes from the character of the lens and what comes from post processing?

05-21-2021, 09:19 AM   #5
MSL
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bosse Quote
There are some really interesting images here. But before voting, how can I know what comes from the character of the lens and what comes from post processing?
It is always possible an effect has been introduced or magnified by post processing. I would say the former would be a violation of the spirit of this contest while the latter would be reasonable since all images are post processed to some extent. But I didn't try to impose restrictions on post processing at the outset, so there isn't any sure way of knowing. Some lenses have a reputation for certain traits, and so if that is what is being shown you hope it was a lens effect.

At the end of the day, the prizes are small, and this is generally a positive and supportive community, so I would hope that effects aren't being added in PP. In setting up this contest, I really hoped everyone would share in the main goal of trying to highlight special lenses, particularly those that might be less used, less well known, or less expensive to encourage others to experiment with their own photography. It is one reason why I think having a blurb to go along with each image is important.
05-22-2021, 12:58 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you, MSL. Well spoken.
I share your hopes and goal for this contest, and your thoughts on this community.
Perhaps this goal, with its gentle restrictions on post processing, should be a part of the invitation to future lens contests?
05-24-2021, 04:41 PM   #7
MSL
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Just a few more days to vote in what is currently a very close race!
05-27-2021, 08:32 AM - 1 Like   #8
MSL
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Voting closes in just under 8 hours, in what is an extremely tight race. If you haven't voted already, please do so