Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 207 Likes Search this Thread
06-10-2021, 03:07 PM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I was reading crazy conspiracy theories. Did you know, Finland doesn't exist! Its actually a body of water in the baltic. Ismo, according to the theory, either lives in Estonia, Russia or sweden! The concept of Finland was created by the Russians and Japanese so they can Fish where Finland is said to be, without having to adhere to quotas! Clearly some people need to be more careful about the types of mushrooms they eat!

Wow…

Ismo’s doing some pretty outstanding faking of photos then.

There’s a similar (I thiiiiiiiiiiink satirical) thing been posted about Australia.

As for me lately: busy as folk. As much as I’m enjoying work, I’m looking forward to this weekend and some more karate. It’s a long weekend, so lots of karate.

Wife-of-tsuken will achieve maxination this afternoon - ahead of me even though I went first, because she’s getting Pfizered whereas I’m AZed (alphabetised??); I have another few weeks to wait.

Photography has been a bit slow: emergency snap of Sullivan yesterday evening as I had no photo; forgot to bring my camera with me today so it’ll be another emergency darkness shot today.

06-10-2021, 03:08 PM   #77
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Awfully quiet in here. So what's up?
I'm just waiting with baited breath to hear that your knife has arrived. It's been in Helsinki since Saturday

And speaking of items in the mail...
Peter, I promise I'll get onto yours this weekend; it's been a hectic week....
06-10-2021, 03:14 PM - 2 Likes   #78
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

....but I'm still finding some to time to get into the shed. Joan suggested I make a proper paring knife and a pizza cutter, and as we know, She Must Be Obeyed.

06-10-2021, 04:12 PM   #79
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
....but I'm still finding some to time to get into the shed. Joan suggested I make a proper paring knife and a pizza cutter, and as we know, She Must Be Obeyed.
Wonderful work!

06-10-2021, 04:13 PM - 1 Like   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Wow…

Ismo’s doing some pretty outstanding faking of photos then.

There’s a similar (I thiiiiiiiiiiink satirical) thing been posted about Australia.

As for me lately: busy as folk. As much as I’m enjoying work, I’m looking forward to this weekend and some more karate. It’s a long weekend, so lots of karate.

Wife-of-tsuken will achieve maxination this afternoon - ahead of me even though I went first, because she’s getting Pfizered whereas I’m AZed (alphabetised??); I have another few weeks to wait.

Photography has been a bit slow: emergency snap of Sullivan yesterday evening as I had no photo; forgot to bring my camera with me today so it’ll be another emergency darkness shot today.
Yep, the flat earthers believe all the water is held in by an ice wall and Australia doesn’t exist, so, the non existent @SandyHancock sending a knife that he can’t have made (see above) to the equally mythical Finland must be a figment of our deranged imaginations
06-10-2021, 04:20 PM   #81
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

I like fig newtons....
06-10-2021, 04:26 PM   #82
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm just waiting with baited breath to hear that your knife has arrived. It's been in Helsinki since Saturday

WOOHOO I see a 20-40mm sic on the horizon you are a wonderful fellow for someone who can’t possibly exist (see conspiracy theory conversation). On the subject of that, presumably flat earthers aren’t confined to the UK and the US, there must be some in Australasia! that being the case, I wonder who’s deranged imagination I am a figment of! Whoever it is, they clearly need to cut down on the fancy mushrooms!

Joking apart. People have a right to believe what they like so long as they accept I also have that right. Some conspiracy theories are plausible, although I am pretty sure Finland exists! Maybe they are right about some of the others, but for the sake of my sanity, (I have enough to worry about), I will stick with what I believe

Having said that, our current prime minister, while he was working for the press, was responsible for a widely reported story through which he convinced a lot of people that the EU were bringing in legislation regarding the acceptable straightness of bananas! Looks like you can’t even trust politicians! What is the world coming to!

---------- Post added 10-06-21 at 04:30 PM ----------

Those knives are works of art

---------- Post added 10-06-21 at 04:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I like fig newtons....
So do i, only over here they call them fig rolls! A bit daft really! Have you ever tried rolling one?

Last edited by Cerebum; 06-10-2021 at 04:37 PM.
06-10-2021, 05:14 PM   #83
Pentaxian

06-10-2021, 06:58 PM   #84
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
gasps in Spanish
How does one gasp in Spanish?

"HOLY TOLEDO!" perhaps??
06-10-2021, 11:26 PM   #85
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

I was reading crazy conspiracy theories. Did you know, Finland doesn't exist! Its actually a body of water in the baltic. Ismo, according to the theory, either lives in Estonia, Russia or sweden! The concept of Finland was created by the Russians and Japanese so they can Fish where Finland is said to be, without having to adhere to quotas! Clearly some people need to be more careful about the types of mushrooms they eat!
No, perkele. They are onto me...

I've read that theory somewhere in the internet. As a population we are all actors they say. The things people believe in. What I really can't understand is what Japanese has to do with it. Baltic sea is about as far away from Japan as possible. Basically any other sea is closer to them
06-10-2021, 11:29 PM   #86
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How does one gasp in Spanish?

"HOLY TOLEDO!" perhaps??
In the words of Bart Simpson, "AY CARAMBA!" (With the R rolled for emphasis)

¡Ay ! Is a Spanish interjection denoting surprise or pain, so I am going with that

I always gasp in Spanish for greater dramatic effect

Last edited by Cerebum; 06-10-2021 at 11:35 PM.
06-10-2021, 11:30 PM   #87
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

I should have gone for pizza cutter... That's a piece of art.
06-10-2021, 11:33 PM   #88
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

I paid toll and customs on Monday. Since then nothing has happened. Not a single entry in log. The paggage ain't moving anywhere for some uknown reason. I'm getting unpatient.
06-10-2021, 11:40 PM   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
I should have gone for pizza cutter... That's a piece of art.
Isn't it just. I would gladly hang it on my wall. The intricacy of the etching is so beautiful
06-11-2021, 02:58 AM - 1 Like   #90
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

On the subject of that, presumably flat earthers aren’t confined to the UK and the US, there must be some in Australasia!
Not possible, because they are on the underside and would fall off.