Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 207 Likes Search this Thread
06-17-2021, 07:10 PM - 1 Like   #136
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
you know what a selfie is, of course; the Belfie is a sub-category, in which your buttocks are captured rather than the face....
Ah...Ok. Thank you

06-18-2021, 05:20 AM - 1 Like   #137
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote
Very busy so far... I have the feeling that I don't give enough time/dedication to the challenge this month. OTOH, each day I spot nice places/scenes around so it gives some hope for interesting pictures once I had the time to go for a short walk in the city. Otherwise, I feel like re-discovering my K50 after being delighted with the GR3.
And you?
thank you...

enjoying the 50/1.2 and how it renders differently than the 50/1.4...

we're in a hot/dry spell, so the outside temps are limiting my time out and about, but getting along OK so far....
06-18-2021, 08:39 AM   #138
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
you know what a selfie is, of course; the Belfie is a sub-category, in which your buttocks are captured rather than the face....
I thought B stood for back! armed with this new information........
06-18-2021, 08:44 AM   #139
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I thought B stood for back! armed with this new information........
it is a bit more specific - butt, booty, etc....

06-18-2021, 09:22 AM - 1 Like   #140
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

it is a bit more specific - butt, booty, etc....
Bottom, botty department, behind, ..... bum
06-18-2021, 02:40 PM - 1 Like   #141
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

This was half an hour before midnight yesterday. Backyard thru the window. Might have used it, if applicable, but I had already posted for that day and little too early to use today.

06-18-2021, 02:52 PM - 1 Like   #142
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can't decide what to post for the last few days even after culling, so I did a little count for a break: It looks like on average, I took 30 exposures per day since I started with SIC in February. That's after initial culling, which I haven't been very effective with recently - my import backup only has 50% more ... With a bit of gymnastics, I could also count the SIC photos explicitly, but the vast majority are taken with the respective SIC lenses.

I have not imported the SIC photos into my darktable catalogs yet - I need to make up my mind on how I want to organize them, because a lot of them also have other relevance. Once imported, I find it difficult to organize stuff differently in darktable without messing up the catalog. So most of my post-processing in the SIC has been done with Rawtherapee, which doesn't maintain a catalog. I find tonal management easier with darktable, but I'm getting best details in Rawtherapee - which you however are only able to see on Flickr when I post deep crops.

So for now, it will continue to be RT and a daily folder, but I'll try to keep up with culling and posting in a more regular fashion. My attempt to just use out of camera JPEGs were OK and sure very quick, but I found it rather limiting.

06-19-2021, 04:04 AM - 1 Like   #143
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I was busy yesterday with getting the kiddo ready for his trip. I put fresh battery in the camera in the morning, but didn't even have enough time to pick it up after that. I'll be back in today and catching up on commenting tonight and tomorrow.
06-22-2021, 01:28 PM - 1 Like   #144
Loyal Site Supporter

Well despite starting the month well, nature got in the way and after a huge storm the power to our home was off for over a week, floods and fallen trees have cut access to work and the power was off at work for 2 days, in between filling the generator and keeping on swapping power cords to essentials freezer, water pump, lighting, sadly the internet and SIC suffered, I still took photos each day and now the power is back on, I will post the backlog by the weekend. All safe and well and plenty more firewood to collect for the years ahead
06-22-2021, 02:40 PM   #145
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Glad to hear you're getting back to some version of normality over there, Gary. Must have been a shocker!
06-22-2021, 04:54 PM   #146
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
nature got in the way
I saw images of the spider webs, pretty wild. Glad to hear you made it through the worst of it unscathed.
I installed a 17kw generator in 2011, complete with a separate automatic cutoff. Money well spent. The remarkable thing is that I've been out of town when we've had long power outages, so my neighbors have gotten more use from it than I have.
06-22-2021, 10:18 PM   #147
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Glad to hear you're getting back to some version of normality over there, Gary. Must have been a shocker!
Yes , a very Chinese " May you live in interesting times" moment, but getting back on track, Thanks Sandy

I saw images of the spider webs, pretty wild. Glad to hear you made it through the worst of it unscathed.
I installed a 17kw generator in 2011, complete with a separate automatic cutoff. Money well spent. The remarkable thing is that I've been out of town when we've had long power outages, so my neighbors have gotten more use from it than I have.

Yes the spiders were on the right track, get up as high as you can, it looked pretty amazing. I had purchased the generator over 10 years ago and only just unboxed it now, very lucky we had it and plenty of fuel and extension cords

The sad part was that my new K3III arrived in the middle of the storm and I still haven't gotten it out of the box, adventure awaits as I learn how to run it
06-23-2021, 02:22 AM   #148
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
Well despite starting the month well, nature got in the way and after a huge storm the power to our home was off for over a week, floods and fallen trees have cut access to work and the power was off at work for 2 days, in between filling the generator and keeping on swapping power cords to essentials freezer, water pump, lighting, sadly the internet and SIC suffered, I still took photos each day and now the power is back on, I will post the backlog by the weekend. All safe and well and plenty more firewood to collect for the years ahead

Glad things are getting back towards normal. 8)
06-25-2021, 07:19 PM - 2 Likes   #149
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hey all - sorry for disappearing. Family issues have cropped up again.

July thread is up: Single in July 2021 - PentaxForums.com
06-25-2021, 07:22 PM   #150
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
Hey all - sorry for disappearing. Family issues have cropped up again.

July thread is up: Single in July 2021 - PentaxForums.com

plenty of time - thank you...