Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 139 Likes Search this Thread
06-27-2021, 03:11 AM - 1 Like   #16
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
I'm in. Don't know what with yet. I'm curbing my lba in otder to save for a K3 iii.
I got to test K3iii two weeks ago. New AF module is impresssive, as my lens catalogue is still mostly manual I plan to wait for it to arrive into FF world.

06-27-2021, 05:46 AM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm in. no idea what lens yet, dark winter is coming so maybe something like the A 50 1:1.2................
06-27-2021, 05:52 AM   #18
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
I'm in. no idea what lens yet, dark winter is coming so maybe something like the A 50 1:1.2................
enjoy that lens - I'm probably selling mine at the end of the month....

it is technically an amazing lens and does all the things you would expect.....

it just does not spark any joy for me....
06-27-2021, 01:37 PM - 2 Likes   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have my Miranda 24mm f2.8 but I sic'd that fairly recently, so it's looking like my HD 55-300. I really want to sic Sandy's 20-40mm, once it escapes from customs (it left Oz 10 days ago, since then, Nada), so I want to save all my wide/normal stuff for then, hence no 24s or 35s, so, if a miracle happens, it will be the 20-40, which includes 24, but most likely it will be the big fella

06-28-2021, 03:31 AM - 1 Like   #20
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
enjoy that lens - I'm probably selling mine at the end of the month....

it is technically an amazing lens and does all the things you would expect.....

it just does not spark any joy for me....
It sparks joy for me, mostly due to being my main lens on the classic LX Great memories
06-30-2021, 11:04 AM - 1 Like   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm having to isolate at home for the next 8 days so shots will be a bit limited at the start of the month. Sadly, I'm still able to teach my classes through the wonders of modern technology so it won't be a week off sat in the sun.
06-30-2021, 03:10 PM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've never before participated in this. I doubt I will manage to get a picture each day for the whole month, but that doesn't mean I can't or shouldn't try, right?

Let's tackle this with my latest acquisition, the SMC 21 on the K-S2.

06-30-2021, 03:31 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
I've never before participated in this. I doubt I will manage to get a picture each day for the whole month, but that doesn't mean I can't or shouldn't try, right?
You should definitely have a go! We all have difficult days and post "safety shots" but that just motivates for the next day. Just get out and take some shots...
06-30-2021, 03:50 PM - 1 Like   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
I'm having to isolate at home for the next 8 days so shots will be a bit limited at the start of the month. Sadly, I'm still able to teach my classes through the wonders of modern technology so it won't be a week off sat in the sun.
So, shots through the window, of the window, of people looking out of the window, see, loads of material

---------- Post added 30-06-21 at 03:54 PM ----------

Good call. We love the 21mm don’t we @Tsuken while this is a challenge, and sometimes quite a grind, the idea is for you to test your lens and get to know it. We all miss odd days, apart from Ismo the trick is to aim to enter as many as you can and learn to love your lens in the process. Do that and you have completed the challenge I can’t wait to see what you get
06-30-2021, 07:46 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll be at this again...HD DA 21 Limited...thanks @Tsuken.
We are going on vacation at the end of July and I'm looking forward to the DA Limited's in my bag for the trip. We aren't quite sure exactly where yet, but leaning towards west US maybe a West Texas, Arizona, Utah, Colorado loop. I'll post when I can while on the road, but may be late during that week.
06-30-2021, 09:49 PM - 3 Likes   #26
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
We all miss odd days, apart from Ismo
No skipping. The trick is to shoot whatever you see, if you don't have time or movability to do anything else. I even have picture straight from hospital bed in my catalogue. And one taken from my bed at the window the next day. And I've posted worse shots occasionally

But I have missed one day when I couldn't tell M85/2 from M35/2 until 2 day and I did try to read it couple of times while shooting on first. I just didn't have reading glasses with me...
06-30-2021, 09:50 PM - 1 Like   #27
Pentaxian

GR8 choice!

Don’t worry about getting every day - or don’t worry about every day’s photo being great (or even good … we’ve all been there…). Just take the opportunity afforded by the limitation to one lens, to experience and learn about that lens’ strengths and weaknesses.

QuoteOriginally posted by rtmarwitz Quote
I'll be at this again...HD DA 21 Limited...thanks @Tsuken.
We are going on vacation at the end of July and I'm looking forward to the DA Limited's in my bag for the trip. We aren't quite sure exactly where yet, but leaning towards west US maybe a West Texas, Arizona, Utah, Colorado loop. I'll post when I can while on the road, but may be late during that week.
I look forward to seeing how the 21 shows all that

---------- Post added 1st Jul 2021 at 02:52 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
No skipping. The trick is to shoot whatever you see, if you don't have time or movability to do anything else. I even have picture straight from hospital bed in my catalogue. And one taken from my bed at the window the next day. And I've posted worse shots occasionally

But I have missed one day when I couldn't tell M85/2 from M35/2 until 2 day and I did try to read it couple of times while shooting on first. I just didn't have reading glasses with me...

I’ve missed two days in 11 years of daily shooting (and another I didn’t miss, but inadvertently deleted the pics from the sd card)

I totally agree with you: just shoot something - anything - to keep up the streak.
06-30-2021, 11:41 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
GR8 choice!

Don’t worry about getting every day - or don’t worry about every day’s photo being great (or even good … we’ve all been there…). Just take the opportunity afforded by the limitation to one lens, to experience and learn about that lens’ strengths and weaknesses.

---------- Post added 1st Jul 2021 at 02:52 PM ----------

I’ve missed two days in 11 years of daily shooting (and another I didn’t miss, but inadvertently deleted the pics from the sd card)

I totally agree with you: just shoot something - anything - to keep up the streak.
2 days in 11 years is astonishing. I tend not to miss a day once I commit but sometimes I need a break. Yeah, I'm a lightweight

---------- Post added 30-06-21 at 11:48 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote

Shooting from hospital, lol brilliant
07-01-2021, 05:00 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Before I begin my first month, I've got some more questions:

1) In the FAQ there's a point about extra shots
QuoteQuote:
Q: I shot a lot of cool pictures in one day and chose my favorite one, but can I share more somewhere?
A: Yes! You can post your extra shots for each day in the Extras group here.
That group seems to have died out in 2015, with little activity before. I've seen some flickr albums have more than 30/31 shots in them, do you just include any extra shots in the album there and post more than one in the thread for the day here?

2) How about the general approach to editing? I know @'pepperberry farm' for example likes to use ooc (?) jpgs? I feel like I get the most out of my shots by processing the RAW files, which also allows me to be a little more lazy when it comes down to getting the exposure right in camera, and I generally underexpose most shots so they don't get ruined by overexposed highlights, so developing the RAWs is kind of a necessity to my approach. But in DxO I make use of whatever "lens corrections" it offers, so that might get in the way of getting to know the characteristics of a lens, which is kind of the point of this whole thing here, right?
So how do you all handle that, everybody like they prefer, do most try to get it right in-camera?

3) And all the commenting seems to happen right at Flickr?

Last edited by ehrwien; 07-01-2021 at 05:13 AM.
07-01-2021, 05:24 AM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
On the trip I'll be carrying the other limiteds too. I have to make sure I don't forget to get some daily with the 21...I'm sure I'll manage...counting down to the days off for sure.