Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2021, 10:59 AM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Great theme suggestions and good to see so many participants this month. I am having to isolate for the next 8 days so looks like my shots will be a bit limited at the start of the month.

Theme days.

Thanks for all the great suggestions.

Saturday 3rd Glass
Sunday 4th Celebration/fireworks
Saturday 10th Plastic
Sunday 11th Keys
Saturday 17th Drinks
Sunday 18th Hat either in or our of a ring
Saturday 24th Game pieces
Sunday 25th Textures
Saturday 31st Sand

07-01-2021, 09:47 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great themes, I need to set reminders.

Today’s image might be from my new iPhone, I left the DSLR at home and a big storm is rolling in.
07-02-2021, 07:43 AM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like to think I run a pretty clean operation. I keep my lenses in soft wraps and use good technique for len’s changes etc. I have been struggling though with a piece of lint or dirt in my photos at moderate to high aperture settings. I have used rocket blower and repeatedly activated the ultra sonic dust removal routine.

Can you imagine my surprise when I finally had enough and shined a flashlight into the mirror box in sensor clean mode and found a 2 inch long dog hair wrapped around the foam!

I have had this camera for over 4 years now with steady daily use. It might be time for a CLA.

Have you ever sent out your DSLR for a maintenance service?
07-05-2021, 06:00 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I was hoping to to much more photography this weekend, but I was so busy. maybe I'll do something today, like going swimming with my Ricoh WG-20 and try some underwater shots.

07-05-2021, 07:05 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I was hoping to to much more photography this weekend, but I was so busy. maybe I'll do something today, like going swimming with my Ricoh WG-20 and try some underwater shots.
I did get a few 35 year old slides scanned, maybe that will do?
07-06-2021, 02:48 PM - 3 Likes   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
New toy arrived today.

My first ever new camera.
07-06-2021, 03:36 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
New toy arrived today.

My first ever new camera.
Oh many congrats! It seems to be meeting, even exceeding, expectations for most users!

07-07-2021, 11:22 AM - 2 Likes   #23
Pentaxian

New toy arrived today.
Great, congrats! And have fun
I've been recently thinking of a KP... I think I'll grab one this year to replace my good old K-50.
07-09-2021, 06:43 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote
I've been recently thinking of a KP.
Thanks for the reminder, I need to rent one for next weekend when I hope to have time to try it out. I really like my K-1, but the KP, the K-3iii, the Ricoh GRiii, as well as a bunch of used K-3 series camera now hitting the market are calling to me. I barely have time to take pictures so I don't want to spend money for something I won't use much.

I want to rent the KP and use it with my DA 40 XS and see if It will be a fun compact walk-around combo.
07-12-2021, 01:44 PM   #25
Pentaxian

I have put wrong date for today's thread.... Not sure if I can change it, though...
07-12-2021, 03:38 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote
I have put wrong date for today's thread.... Not sure if I can change it, though...
I did the same thing on the 10th, =) started a new thread as I had time. Dont worry Chris we can figure it out.
07-22-2021, 11:46 AM - 1 Like   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not sure when I’ll be posting again…hurt my back AND have a GI issue…and to top it off, hubby was just diagnosed with mono…just prior to a long planned vacation trip. When it rains, it pours!
07-23-2021, 09:50 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
hurt my back AND have a GI issue…and to top it off, hubby was just diagnosed with mono
Bummer! Get better quickly!

I got back from a week long trip and was planning to backfill my missed DIC dates, but actually feel like a continued break from DIC is good for me at this time... I'll be skipping August I think too...

New toy arrived today
Congrats! If you're not able to kick off the August DIC, please just let me know and I'll put the thread up..
07-23-2021, 02:07 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Bummer! Get better quickly!

I got back from a week long trip and was planning to backfill my missed DIC dates, but actually feel like a continued break from DIC is good for me at this time... I'll be skipping August I think too...

Congrats! If you're not able to kick off the August DIC, please just let me know and I'll put the thread up..
QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Thanks. I've started a nice long 6 week holiday today so should have plenty of time.
07-24-2021, 12:37 AM - 1 Like   #30
Pentaxian

All the best to everyone in solving difficulties... Here, life has ups and downs, too and not always there is either time or energy left for photography. I've caught up with the past two days but I'm not sure if I'll keep the theme today.