Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 192 Likes Search this Thread
09-06-2021, 02:19 PM - 2 Likes   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Regarding the Super Cosina I'm using this month, as clunky as this thing is, I'm rapidly falling in love with this lens. Its very 'niche' (I can't see me using it as a walk-around, and LOL fitting it in my bag) but for the age of it, its pretty spectacular provided I can get the light for it to behave. It takes a LOT of work compared to everything else I have, but its work that pays off, and the sheer nature of the thing means I have to slow myself down and think about what I'm really after as opposed to doing a spray and pray.

Supposedly it was also sold as one of the Vivitar 1's - and I'm starting to think it may have been one of the better V1's.

Last edited by Sagitta; 09-06-2021 at 05:59 PM.
09-06-2021, 02:32 PM - 2 Likes   #77
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikey Floyd Quote
I was feeling a little like the new boy in class just now - scrolling the threads enjoying all the great images, getting thoroughly lost with who is who and not being able to assign names to images and hold them there... and who is this new person? Have I seen that name before?

.... then it dawned on me: Some (most?) of you are running different Flickr names to the forum here!! Now I understand, although the understanding isn't helping my confusion, yet.

Anyhow, I'm really enjoying being a part of this challenge so far. Thanks again for having me along.

I had thought that I'd carry on with my usual two or three lenses in the bag, ever changing, but obviously only post from among those shot with the 30. However on day two I contemplated those 'other' lenses and left them behind. I've now put them away altogether for the rest of the month. So it is just the K30/2.8 as the only lens I'll use at all this month. I've never done the 'one lens one camera' thing, even for a short while, and it turns out that it just thoroughly and utterly works for me.

Hey Mikey. I’m Occasionally Focused there … and indeed, everywhere I pick up a camera xP

I’m also Raf most friendly places.
09-06-2021, 04:33 PM - 2 Likes   #78

Photos: Albums
I've never done the 'one lens one camera' thing, even for a short while, and it turns out that it just thoroughly and utterly works for me.
That's what I've been doing since I joined this challenge, rather tentatively, in 2017. It's a great way of learning the good and bad points of the lens. It also inspires you to see the world in different ways so that you can apply your own style to the view the lens gives you.
And, of course, it's great fun.

Kevin
09-06-2021, 04:36 PM - 5 Likes   #79
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It looks like my DA*16-50 PLM might arrive today. So I'm in, baby!

09-06-2021, 05:41 PM - 1 Like   #80
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
there is a discussion in the flicker SIC group about who is who (here vs there) - I am Pepperberry Farm there, also, but you can call me 'Dave', too...

Thanks Dave.

good to see that this is starting to gel for you - the whole point of the 'challenge' is the entire month with just the one lens - and you'll be a better photographer at the end of the month, too....
Yeah, I see that now and it is clearly where the 'challenge' and the benefit lies, although it wasn't obvious to me that the intent was such from the guidelines.

The BIG challenge for me will be if the new Voigtlander 35/1.2, which I have ordered, turns up during the month....
09-06-2021, 06:15 PM - 1 Like   #81
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The BIG challenge for me will be if the new Voigtlander 35/1.2, which I have ordered, turns up during the month....
There is aLways the Daily In, any lens or camera combo you like, any day of the week.
09-06-2021, 08:03 PM - 1 Like   #82
Veteran Member

Bought myself a goody which I may use come October. It'd be stretching the rules since I'd be using *any* lens, but it would be a single tripod head so PFFT. I should have a week or two to decide if I want to tackle that idea or not though, especially as I'd by nature need to do some traveling around or at least scheduling a chunk of time each day to devote to it.

I basically paid about a quarter of the going rate though, so I can't complain too bad if I decide I hate it, but I've been eyeballing these things since they first came out a decade ago. The K-70 should fit nicely to it, and I can couple it to a nice compact, light lens of some sort and away I go.

09-06-2021, 11:08 PM   #83
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
That is good news! I think that this lens will be big hit!
09-07-2021, 12:59 AM - 1 Like   #84
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Woohoo! I can't wait to see how it performs as for your old 20-40mm limited, I am so in love with it I kinda wonder if I will ever again use my limited primes (21, 35 & 40) and am actually thinking of selling them to fund a DA* 55mm f1.4! I never ever saw a day when I would consider selling any of these three! Am I broken?
09-07-2021, 02:18 AM - 1 Like   #85
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I never ever saw a day when I would consider selling any of these three! Am I broken?
If you derive more joy from using lenses that you own, rather than from being able to say you own them, then selling what you have to obtain what you want makes perfect sense.
09-07-2021, 03:42 AM   #86
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Woohoo! I can't wait to see how it performs as for your old 20-40mm limited, I am so in love with it I kinda wonder if I will ever again use my limited primes (21, 35 & 40) and am actually thinking of selling them to fund a DA* 55mm f1.4! I never ever saw a day when I would consider selling any of these three! Am I broken?
not at all - I've sold Limiteds to fund other lenses that I wanted....
09-07-2021, 04:53 AM - 1 Like   #87
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
not at all - I've sold Limiteds to fund other lenses that I wanted....
My jonesing for the DA* 55mm started when you waxed lyrical about it one good reason to keep the limited is the tiny form factor, although, the FA35mm f2 is hardly a beast! This is going to take some serious consideration
09-07-2021, 04:57 AM   #88
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

My jonesing for the DA* 55mm started when you waxed lyrical about it one good reason to keep the limited is the tiny form factor, although, the FA35mm f2 is hardly a beast! This is going to take some serious consideration
don't do what I did and buy lenses to plug that want...

I bought a couple very nice lenses, including a Sigma 50/1.4 HSM, but sold it for the DA*55/1.4.....
09-07-2021, 09:59 AM - 2 Likes   #89
Pentaxian

I have DA*55 and I’m hoping one day to update it to be DFA*50. I have already FA35/2 for sale because I bought FA31.

If only they would not have done 16-50PLM and K-3III, I’d have pulled that trigger already for *50. That said, DA*55 is pretty nice.

I’m still undecided about if I will keep K-1 line going…or sell most of my gear and go for bigger sensor. That said, if next K-1 is in footsteps of K-3III and they will get that quality stepped up as much compared to previous gen. Then I’ll stick with that and will get all DFA* and that 21 limited and enjoy exellent image quality with just prime lenses . And sell 15-30 and 28-105 (I’ll never sell my DFA*70-200, works well with aps-c too).

Hard to say yet, meanwhile I’ll enjoy my K-3III and this tiny DA40XS. Marvelous little lens(going to do single in next with FA31…I’d love to have a wee a bit wider look time to time..
09-07-2021, 03:56 PM - 1 Like   #90
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
All this talk about lenses is causing me to dust off my want list...