Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2021, 10:23 AM - 1 Like   #121
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikey Floyd Quote
My comment was that I'm feeling the restriction of a single lens.
This is why I often participate in Daily and Single In challenges simultaneously. If I have anytime to take pictures, I usually have time to change lenses. I wouldn't mind having a second Pentax body either. I missed out on the KP that was on offer, but maybe I am better off not purchasing anything until I decide on a K-1ii as a second body, or see how the K-3iii prices look at the end of the year.
EDIT: I have not ruled out buying a GRiii, comapct form, great results, very appealing to meet my desires.
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
all I had was an infrared camera .......... so I took it anyway
Better to do that than live a life of regret. Cool image. IR is already outside the norm, why not use it whenever possible?

Last edited by robgski; 09-12-2021 at 05:13 PM.
09-12-2021, 05:02 PM - 1 Like   #122
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
referring back to my 2022 project: the Twelve Months of Takumars....

anybody know why some 55/2's have the focal length and aperture printed in yellow rather than white?

Found this...

"All standard 1:2/55 mm Super-Takumar and SMC models (viz. 345-3, 345-6, 37102, 37103, 37107 and 37109) have yellow numerals on aperture rings and the “1:2/55” on nameplates. The only exceptions are the earliest copies of the first model. "

Here's the link if you are interested: Takumarology - Takumar Field Guide

It talks a lot about serial numbers, and production dates.
09-12-2021, 05:49 PM - 1 Like   #123
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
Found this...

"All standard 1:2/55 mm Super-Takumar and SMC models (viz. 345-3, 345-6, 37102, 37103, 37107 and 37109) have yellow numerals on aperture rings and the “1:2/55” on nameplates. The only exceptions are the earliest copies of the first model. "

Here's the link if you are interested: Takumarology - Takumar Field Guide

It talks a lot about serial numbers, and production dates.

thank you, David....

and, of course, Asahi/Pentax don't give a reason for it.....
09-12-2021, 10:32 PM - 2 Likes   #124
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
This is why I often participate in Daily and Single In challenges simultaneously.

EDIT: I have not ruled out buying a GRiii, comapct form, great results, very appealing to meet my desires.
Thanks Rob, I quite like the ongoing interaction with the same group of people here with Single In... and the task of trying to get just one decent photo each day, hopefully in such a way that the entire lot all end up as something cohesive and somehow connected when viewed together at the end. For me, that is giving more shape and form to my photographic efforts than I would have thought, and it is more than enough as is. I mean, if I can one day end up with just one photo each day that I'm truly happy with, I would claim that as a great achievement. Jeez, one 'truly happy with' photo a week would still be a milestone. Got a long way to go on that one still though.

I've always thought the GRiii seemed a great super portable option too. I've never really considered it though because 28 equiv. is just too wide for an everyday lens for me. I did notice recently though they've announced a version upcoming with a 40mm equiv. lens... and that is far more appealing.

---------- Post added 09-12-21 at 10:34 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Yeah, it kicks in after a while. Its amazing how many times you see something spectacular and your lens is 100% wrong lol. I once saw a fabulous street tableau (three old men with a smallish step ladder and a mop, trying to cleen a very high street sign) and all I had was an infrared camera .......... so I took it anyway

Your lens may have been '100% wrong' - but somehow at the same time it managed to be 110% awesome. That is a super unusual and interesting photo.

Last edited by Mikey Floyd; 09-13-2021 at 12:38 AM.
09-13-2021, 12:39 AM - 1 Like   #125
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Oh, thanks guys. I think I've been misunderstood...
I promise you, I'm not short on 50ish millimeter lenses . It's that I've put them all away this month to use only the K30.
Not complaining, not unhappy. Just banter and sharing as a part of this month long group experience.

Ah, I get ya. Yes, it can be or feel a problem. Odd thing though is that I’ve almost never pulled out the other lens I carry around - 135/2.5 for a while, then 50-200, now the 50/1.8; all lenses I love. I guess I’m so used now to just shooting with what’s on the camera.

Still, there is that sense of restriction sometimes.

---------- Post added 13th Sep 2021 at 05:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
that looks like some sort of performance art, however, and I think it is a great shot....

Agreed. I love it
09-14-2021, 12:36 AM - 1 Like   #126
Pentaxian

Oh, thanks guys. I think I've been misunderstood...
I promise you, I'm not short on 50ish millimeter lenses . It's that I've put them all away this month to use only the K30.
Not complaining, not unhappy. Just banter and sharing as a part of this month long group experience.
I know that feeling. I tend to obsess on my Single In lens each month at the expense of the rest.

With this big zoom this month for me, its more 'Oh, I do NOT want to deal with packing this thing up..." more than anything, though. Everything about the thing is *work* to an extent.
09-14-2021, 04:15 AM - 5 Likes   #127
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello all

Finally got my computer back. SSD drive was dying and it coused the problems I had. Fixing it didn't took that long. Most of the time it sat in the office waiting for someone to travel between the cities. While I was out of computer I also took a brake from internet and shooting. I still need to install programs to computer to get everything running again, but that shouldn't be too hard.

My last shot is from 15th, so I wondered if I should continue my month on 16th?

Also I noticed new people here. Welcome to the challenge from me also.

09-14-2021, 04:46 AM   #128
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yaaaaaay ismo is back
09-14-2021, 01:25 PM - 1 Like   #129
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Hello all

Finally got my computer back. SSD drive was dying and it coused the problems I had. Fixing it didn't took that long. Most of the time it sat in the office waiting for someone to travel between the cities. While I was out of computer I also took a brake from internet and shooting. I still need to install programs to computer to get everything running again, but that shouldn't be too hard.

Welcome home, fire up on 16th for sure
09-14-2021, 03:28 PM   #130
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
Welcome home, fire up on 16th for sure

Agreed. Saddle up, pardner
09-14-2021, 03:57 PM   #131
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Hello all

Absolutely! I would love to see more with the 85...
09-14-2021, 05:16 PM   #132
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've always thought the GRiii seemed a great super portable option too. I've never really considered it though because 28 equiv. is just too wide for an everyday lens for me. I did notice recently though they've announced a version upcoming with a 40mm equiv. lens... and that is far more appealing.
I have always leaned towards wider lenses. I like to stand off from a scene and take it in, move closer as necessary, rather than the other way around with a narrower lens.
The GRiii performance is very tempting, my earlier digital cameras were point and shoot compacts, and I am really drawn that compactness coupled to an APS-C sensor and manual control
09-14-2021, 09:18 PM - 1 Like   #133
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Great, I step back into game tomorrow then.
09-15-2021, 04:30 AM - 2 Likes   #134
Pentaxian

Yeah, I'll be haeding off tomorrow to do some video stuff(live stream and also social media event photo/video) over weekend. So it'll be busy couple of days. I'll have to say that my posting/commenting has been lacking and sorry about that, and it does seem to remain like that for the rest of the month.

I'm happy that all of the sudden there is 2 big gigs for video/photo as it has been quite dead with business lately. Looking forward to try my gimbal too. Seems to wok well with K-3III as well as with my BMPCC4k cameras.

I'll still stick through the rest of month, but will be posting then and there today will be busy packing everything up..
09-15-2021, 11:11 AM - 1 Like   #135
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I have always leaned towards wider lenses. I like to stand off from a scene and take it in, move closer as necessary, rather than the other way around with a narrower lens.
The GRiii performance is very tempting, my earlier digital cameras were point and shoot compacts, and I am really drawn that compactness coupled to an APS-C sensor and manual control
One interesting thing being 'stuck' with the superzoom is the discovery that its just as capable of landscapes if you think outside the box as far as landscapes go.

Still doesn't beat my 10-20 or my 35mm though.

---------- Post added 09-15-21 at 02:19 PM ----------

So with the 21st arriving soonish, I need idea of how I'm going to pull off a selfie (let alone a belfie) short of dragging a mirror outside with a 100-500mm superzoom.

I did it once with a 200mm and that was rough enough as it was - this lens is far more cumbersome than that Pentax 200mm was.