Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2021, 01:39 AM - 2 Likes   #151
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Enjoying the 16-50 so far, hopefully the weather will improve so that I can leave the house and expand the subject matter, not selling even though I have the new one ready to go for next month. I am thinking of doing some back to back experiments with the lenses at 50mm and the HDA 50 just to see how good the new one really is

09-19-2021, 01:47 AM - 1 Like   #152
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
mid-month checkpoint -- how's that lens treating you??

going to keep it or sell it?

Oh, there was never any thought of selling it. The K30/2.8 suits me just fine, I don't often find myself wide open anyhow so lusting after a wider aperture seems a bit unnecessary. And I'm not interested in auto focus so newer lenses don't hold any appeal in that regard. My usual carry (other than this month) is as often as not the K30/2.8 and the K55/1.8, toss in a Voigtlander 21/3.5 or the M50 macro occasionally and I'm not wanting for much else.

That said.... I have the new Voigtlander 35/1.2 arriving imminently and I'm not sure what's going to happen at that stage. The fact that it opens up to f/1.2 is neither here nor there for me however losing the bulk and weight of the adaptor will be very welcome.

I have become very fond of my old Pentax lenses though and I can't ever see not using them sometimes regardless of other options, and of course they will always get used for film on my K1000/KX so they're not going anywhere (not the favourite few at least.)

The other thing that crosses my mind from time to time is to get a Pentax digital camera to use them on. Nothing in the lineup grabs me unfortunately, to be fair I haven't really done any proper reading up on this option, what I would jump at is something like my old mechanical film cameras, with a K-mount and an sd card instead of film - and not much else.
09-19-2021, 04:49 AM - 2 Likes   #153
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikey Floyd Quote

I have become very fond of my old Pentax lenses though and I can't ever see not using them sometimes regardless of other options, and of course they will always get used for film on my K1000/KX so they're not going anywhere (not the favourite few at least.)

The other thing that crosses my mind from time to time is to get a Pentax digital camera to use them on. Nothing in the lineup grabs me unfortunately, to be fair I haven't really done any proper reading up on this option, what I would jump at is something like my old mechanical film cameras, with a K-mount and an sd card instead of film - and not much else.
I find the K1 really helped make my old film lenses sing again, on the crop bodies my old FA* lenses, even my beloved 24 f2 stayed packed away. Once I loaded them on to the K1 everything just felt like I was back with the LX of old. Certainly worth looking out for a well kept used copy in my opinion. You can set up the K1 to work as a default manual, aperture or shutter priority camera of the film era with not too many steps to learn with digital. Whatever the medium you use, keep on delivering those wonderful images you have been sharing this month.
09-19-2021, 08:49 AM - 1 Like   #154
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
This is probably obvious, but I'm gonna say it; DFA*85 is fabulous. Even stopped down Third month with it this year and still going strong. If something negative has to be said, it's bit bulky and heavy for travel.

09-19-2021, 09:04 AM - 1 Like   #155
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

With the month break in between, my album is going to be split into two different seasons. At mid August our summer was still going strong and it was one of the best summers we have had. But autumn came strong also and September has been colder than typically. Air and water temps have gone down really fast. Even unusual first snow in september in Lapland. I wouldn't have minded for summer to linger a little bit longer.
09-19-2021, 11:06 AM - 1 Like   #156
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Spent some time at the Frank Frazetta art museum today, picture cannot do justice to the original artwork.
09-19-2021, 12:22 PM - 2 Likes   #157
Pentaxian

Yeah, I did just come back from my weekend work gig. I did do a lot of video, but since that gimbal is so goo with BMPCC4K I did stick with that for video. I did take some documentation with K-3III while I was gimballing away, but my photo saldo is not very impressive...It is going to take a while to get back because there is so much editing to be made. I did shoot exhibitions, light art workshop, music, burlesque(3 hour show with 2 cam live stream) and some also presentations. Good times. I'll try to get back to single in as soon as I can.

09-19-2021, 02:10 PM - 2 Likes   #158
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm enjoying the K 55/1.8 this month and will be adding it to my quite large collection of 50 & 55 mm lenses.
09-19-2021, 11:05 PM - 1 Like   #159
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
I find the K1 really helped make my old film lenses sing again, on the crop bodies my old FA* lenses, even my beloved 24 f2 stayed packed away. Once I loaded them on to the K1 everything just felt like I was back with the LX of old. Certainly worth looking out for a well kept used copy in my opinion. You can set up the K1 to work as a default manual, aperture or shutter priority camera of the film era with not too many steps to learn with digital. Whatever the medium you use, keep on delivering those wonderful images you have been sharing this month.
Thanks Gary. Yeah, I'm interested, and I can believe that some of the old lenses would improve on full frame. It would also be nice to be able to use them digitally at their proper focal length, ie not cropped. The flip side is that I've really quite fallen for the X-pro3, so much about it is just spot on for me. I sometimes carry the pro3 the K1000 and a pair of lenses that I can use on both, it's a super fun little setup. I guess you guys can all do a similar thing.
09-21-2021, 05:53 PM - 2 Likes   #160
Pentaxian

Totally OT, but this is going to keep me busy…

:-D
09-22-2021, 04:14 PM   #161
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Totally OT, but this is going to keep me busy…

:-D
Nice!
09-24-2021, 12:01 AM   #162
Forum Member

Uh oh. New lens day for me today. I'm afraid to say that it's a complete winner and is not a Pentax lens.

So I did 23.5 days with one lens and it will have to share the bag with a mate for the rest of the month. To be honest, while it's been good to restrict myself to just the one focal length for this period, I reckon I'm much happier with two. Anyhow the new lens is a 35mm so both very similar for the rest of this month regardless. After that I'm going to put a 50/55 back in the bag and exhale a contented sigh of relief.

Last edited by Mikey Floyd; 09-24-2021 at 05:33 AM.
09-24-2021, 02:54 AM - 2 Likes   #163
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
mid-month checkpoint -- how's that lens treating you??
The M 40mm Pancake surprises me more and more every day. It's not great in all conditions, but in the right conditions, it relly delivers great results. I only wish I'd composed this scene a bit better.
09-24-2021, 04:11 AM - 1 Like   #164
Pentaxian

I’m heading for a little weekend trip, So there will be some delay in postings from me. But there will be plenty of that at tuesday
09-25-2021, 06:59 AM - 1 Like   #165
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
October thread is up:

Single in October 2021 - PentaxForums.com