Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2021, 08:29 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Single in September 2021

Welcome everyone to the Single In September 2021 challenge!

Theme days:

Thursday, 2nd September: SYMMETRY

Thursday, 9th September: SMALL WONDERS

Thursday, 16th September: WILDLIFE

Tuesday, 21st September: B/SELFIES

Thursday, 30th September: CURVE

Aim of the Game: To use the same lens each day for a month, posting one picture captured each day with that lens. The picture must be captured with a Pentax lens coupled to a camera body of your choice (including Pentax/Ricoh), a non-Pentax lens provided it is coupled only to a Pentax or Ricoh body, or a Pentax-Ricoh point&shoot camera. (Taking other pictures with other cameras/lenses is fine, but these wonít be eligible for this Challenge).

Commenting: Posting your pictures allows other participants to comment on them. Conversely, itís hoped that you will comment on those of other members. Please donít be shy if you donít have much photographic experience or are a Forum newbie - your personal reactions to photographs are as valid as anyone elseís. Itís a very friendly group and with regular commenting, youíll soon be enjoying the camaraderie.

The rewards: Itís great fun. Youíll learn heaps about how your chosen lens can perform and youíll see what other members achieve with their selected lenses - sometimes the same one youíve chosen. In the comment banter youíll pick up many tips on photographic technique generally, including post processing. As the month progresses it often becomes quite demanding (itís a challenge, remember) but youíll always be encouraged by other participants. Worried about LBA? - this game doesnít help you fight it!

How to participate:

1. First you need to join the Group to be able to post pictures; you only have to do this once. The groupís name is ďMonthly Photo ChallengesĒ. Youíll find a clickable link on that forum page to join.

2. Youíll need to have your pictures stored in an on-line album. This could be the Pentax Forum, or others such as Flickr, Picassa etc. You actually post a link to the picture in your album into the daily picture thread.

** If you are linking to a Pentax Forum album, youíll find advice on how to post elsewhere in the Forum and in the FAQs below. One of the Challengeís stalwarts, patjp, has also prepared a short video on how to do this - itís on YouTube (Singlein.m4v)

** If you are posting a link to Flickr, just click on the sharing icon below your selected picture and a window will open displaying the BB code. Copy it and paste into the Single in (month) Challenge thread in the Pentax Forum.

Each day, youíll see a new thread of pictures grow and by clicking on each you should be redirected to the photographerís parent album where you will be able to add a comment and read those of others. When you post each dayís picture to the Pentax Forum, please specify the camera/lens combination underneath your picture eg K5 & DA15 Ltd - this makes it easy for others to note what combo youíre using.

The thread youíre painstakingly reading now is the Discussion Thread for Game > Single in (month).

This is separate to the picture posting thread referred to above and youíll probably want to subscribe to the Discussion one to keep up with activities and develop a rapport with Challenge members. Itís the place where you can ask questions, offer advice, share concerns, suggest improvements, and often just participate in general banter related to this monthís challenge.

So there it is. It is easier than it might seem at first. If you miss a day, donít worry. If you have any problems, please ask. Weíre a very friendly, forgiving, international bunch. Come and try!

FAQs: Finally, Zorglub has kindly posted a FAQ collection here Ö. The FAQ - Monthly Photo Challenges - PentaxForums.com

Video below was created by patjp

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
08-26-2021, 12:35 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I’ll be in! Not sureaboutmy lens choise yet thou…couple of days to decide
08-26-2021, 02:18 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

In like Flynn.

2/3 of my 21 in 21 done; another four months with the HD DA 21 Ltd to come. 8)
08-26-2021, 03:53 AM   #4
Pentaxian At Large
Loyal Site Supporter

Perhaps

08-26-2021, 04:01 AM - 1 Like   #5
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm in - with either the SMC A 24 or 28mm

September is my anniversary month - I started my first SIC in September 2015....
08-26-2021, 05:55 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I'm in - with either the SMC A 24 or 28mm

September is my anniversary month - I started my first SIC in September 2015....

October would be mine, now you mention it - after I got my K-30 for my birthday in 2013.
08-26-2021, 06:20 AM   #7
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
October would be mine, now you mention it - after I got my K-30 for my birthday in 2013.
sweet!

08-26-2021, 11:23 AM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in. DA 70 limited possibly. Or K 55/1.8. I quite fancy something all manual for a change.
08-27-2021, 12:29 AM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am undecided. I want another month with the 20-40mm. I feel there is stuff I haven't tried yet ....
08-27-2021, 03:41 AM   #10
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I am undecided. I want another month with the 20-40mm. I feel there is stuff I haven't tried yet ....
do it - there's no rule against it....
08-27-2021, 08:19 AM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian At Large
Loyal Site Supporter

I not sure when I started on SIC, it might have been 2013, since I had finally purchased a K-5, and been laid off, so I had a lot of time for photography. 8 years later, I have a better job and a K-1, but less time for a photography, but I wonít complain, and maybe in September my time management skills will improve and I will make time to capture images and submit them every day.
08-27-2021, 10:14 AM - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
do it - there's no rule against it....
Sorry, posted half a post. What I meant to add was that I am struggling to find anything new. Count me in though I can't have you lot having all the fun
08-27-2021, 01:39 PM - 1 Like   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
78% sure I'm going with the K series 35mm f2.
08-27-2021, 05:43 PM - 1 Like   #14
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
78% sure I'm going with the K series 35mm f2.

lemme see if I can push that further up the scale....

(:
08-27-2021, 06:00 PM - 1 Like   #15
Pentaxian

Barring it arriving late, I'm going to jump back into the Single In game on the deep end - probably going to use (and learn in the process!) the Super Cosina 100-500mm f/5.6-8.0 MC Macro. If for some reason that doesn't work out, it'll be the DA 18-135mm that came with the K-70 I'll be using to shoot with.