Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 306 Likes Search this Thread
10-07-2021, 12:59 PM - 1 Like   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah! Heading out for weekend gigs tomorrow. I'll be having computer with me, but it might be quite full days, not tomorrow, but day after it. I'm happy that I did choose DA*16-50 for this month, since that is what I'll be using most of the weekend...

10-08-2021, 09:56 AM - 2 Likes   #62
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
Same. Got my shots and uploaded, but apparently I have to "work every day", so I'll catch up commenting tonight. xoxo
WORK??? yes I know that feeling. Today I had a full plate - and 3 more meetings were stuffed into my schedule. And I have a deadline at 6pm without wiggle room on some things that I wasn't told about until this week. Sigh.

And I still haven't posted for the day I missed - shots are in the K-3, but without wireless I was too busy to break out the laptop and get the shots yet. Yesterday's were from the KP and easier to access.
10-08-2021, 11:10 AM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The past working week in DC did not allow time for photos other than a few on my iPhone. now my wife and I are on the way to The Big Apple and the promise of many photos. I have the K-1 and Da 40 XS in a nice compact little bag, along with a 17mm Takumar FE so I can take in All of Times Square and other places.
10-08-2021, 01:02 PM   #64
Pentaxian

I’m on the road this weekend. I thought that I would have the strenght to get pictures online today. Nope(besides it’s just safety anyway) but tomorrow is the gig, so there will be many photos to choose from. Let us see when I do get around to be able to post some…

10-08-2021, 02:11 PM - 1 Like   #65
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I picked up some overtime at work tomorrow. Adding to the lens fund.
10-09-2021, 09:51 AM - 2 Likes   #66
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
Adding to the lens fund.
And I'm seriously thinking of upgrading from the K50 to the KP. The latter can still be found new here in Poland and I think I'm going to wait for the possible November discount. Still, I'm quite happy with my K50. I've had it for 5,5 years now; 45k on the shutter count, no aperture problems.
10-10-2021, 12:15 AM   #67
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have shots from the 8th, which I haven't even looked at on the computer. I missed yesterday altogether, and can't get motivated to do something with what's left of today.

So this might be it; there are just too many balls in the air at the moment. Sorry.

The lens is *brilliant* though

10-10-2021, 02:11 AM - 3 Likes   #68
Loyal Site Supporter

All this talk of busy lives and work makes me jealous, I am stuck isolating at home due to a co worker catching it. It will only cost me a $5000 fine if I leave home. Enjoy your freedom and busy lives. I'm hopefully free on Thursday. The garden should be looking good by then and as long as I don't stray, I might be able to afford the new 21mm full frame lens
10-10-2021, 05:47 AM   #69
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Forecast doesn't look too promising for tomorrows golden hour theme, but with a little luck I might be able to see the sun in the morning.
10-10-2021, 05:51 AM - 2 Likes   #70
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

we've been WFH (working from home) since March 2020 - here the subjects of vaccines/quarantine/isolation come with a political (and sometimes violent) bent, so we pretty much keep to ourselves...

but my photography has been one of the constants that has got me through the days and weeks that feels like just trudging the path....

I have to remind myself that every day is gravy....
10-10-2021, 06:17 AM - 1 Like   #71
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
All this talk of busy lives and work makes me jealous, I am stuck isolating at home due to a co worker catching it. It will only cost me a $5000 fine if I leave home. Enjoy your freedom and busy lives. I'm hopefully free on Thursday. The garden should be looking good by then and as long as I don't stray, I might be able to afford the new 21mm full frame lens
Sorry to hear that you are stuck home. I work remotely from my house so any stay at home orders wouldn’t disrupt the flow of work, but it would make my gardening and walking difficult for sure.
10-10-2021, 06:45 AM   #72
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

New York City, the Big Apple ! Two many pix to choose from, and I am so glad I brought the XS, such a great street lens. I have been carrying it on the K-1 all over town in a very small shoulder bag, fantastic compact package which makes me less in need of a GRiii for rare occasions like urban exploration
10-10-2021, 08:27 AM - 1 Like   #73
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
All this talk of busy lives and work makes me jealous, I am stuck isolating at home due to a co worker catching it. It will only cost me a $5000 fine if I leave home. Enjoy your freedom and busy lives. I'm hopefully free on Thursday.
That's really motivating, Gary
But seriously, sorry to hear that and I hope that this time will pass smoothly for you. No more complaints from me in this thread! (although I've been pretty busy :P )

Let me add that I really enjoy my lens this month (DA 70/2.4). Apart from the long MFD it is very pleasant to work with.
10-10-2021, 01:48 PM - 2 Likes   #74
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote
That's really motivating, Gary
But seriously, sorry to hear that and I hope that this time will pass smoothly for you. No more complaints from me in this thread! (although I've been pretty busy :P )

Let me add that I really enjoy my lens this month (DA 70/2.4). Apart from the long MFD it is very pleasant to work with.
Don't change for me, I'm loving living vicariously through watching all your stories, not long to go now and I can return to the new normal. Pepperberry, one thing that we have been lucky with here in Oz is that the response hasn't become politicised , we just have pro and anti vaxers from both sides of politics

Yesterday there was a promotion for mental health awareness where the recommendation was to do one thing each day that makes you happy, my SIC seems to fit the bill
10-10-2021, 08:14 PM - 1 Like   #75
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I was just talking with a wedding band guitarist who is a psychologist by trade during the day, and he agreed with my armchair diagnosis that those who suffer most during lockdown were those where relied on work schedule, work role, or routine schooling and habit for stability and an anchor, those who we’re more mentally flexible adjusting to the new work from home paradigm fared much better .

Also, I was able to use a friend’s Phase One camera controlling softbox to capture images during his own wedding reception. It was an amazing experience. He didn’t immediately scoff at my attempts nor delete me from photos, and from him that is high praise. The reception was attended by a lot of truly interesting and photogenic people, so I had great conversations and made a few great images this evening.

Last edited by robgski; 10-10-2021 at 08:30 PM.