Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
which 35/2?
SMC FA 35mm f2

---------- Post added 25-10-21 at 12:34 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote
Today it's been the second time this month when I was interrupted by some random pedestrians when I was taking a photo. The first time I was taking a picture of the colourful leaves over a kindergarten*fence and I was asked by some lady why I had been taking pictures of the place, as it was her kids' place. I was clearly pointing the camera upward and the whole place (playground behind the fence) was empty. I understand the concerns (to some extent...) but I wasn't even given a chance to explain - she had repeated her concerns a few times without letting me answer and then walked away...
Similarly today - I was pointing the camera slightly above the ground and didn't even notice that someone showed up in the vicinity. Again, I've heard some indirect accusations (about taking a picture of that person without her approval) without letting me answer.
Ok, I know that I simply should ignore it as I don't do anything wrong but still, it is demotivating at times... At least the police haven't visited me so far (as it happened to one member here a few months ago)...
Yep. That was me. Pretty much killed my street photography. People are now incidental. If they say anything I tell em off for spoiling my shot the problem is these bl@&day Karen's can do a lot of harm and ultimately ruin your life, and all they get is an undeserved sense of smug satisfaction. I hate em!

---------- Post added 25-10-21 at 12:36 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
I went quickly thru all my SIC shots ...

These are glorious. I love the misty mast

10-25-2021, 03:49 AM - 4 Likes   #167
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
These are glorious. I love the misty mast
Good example that more important than gear is to be out there in the right place at right time.
10-25-2021, 05:56 PM - 2 Likes   #168
Veteran Member

Good banter, group!

I've got some good shots, but I still need to import and process them. The days just slip away... I can't believe we're at the end of October already!
10-25-2021, 09:17 PM - 1 Like   #169
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
I feel for you, in society today, there is no easy solution, just keep shooting and enjoy, it's easier said than done though

Specially when iced-up morons smash the camera out of your hand and break it…

Guess I was lucky really. Uninjured; I didn’t lose my cool and do anything nasty to him; the DA21 didn’t suffer damage.

Still sucky though

10-25-2021, 09:41 PM - 5 Likes   #170
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sorry for the delay - traveling this week. November thread is up:

Single in November 2021 - PentaxForums.com
10-25-2021, 10:09 PM   #171
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote

no worries - thank you for keeping this going!
10-25-2021, 11:17 PM   #172
Pentaxian

Never a need to apologise!

10-26-2021, 12:48 AM   #173
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote

Guess I was lucky really. Uninjured; I didn’t lose my cool and do anything nasty to him; the DA21 didn’t suffer damage.

Still sucky though
Oh no!

This photo brought two separate sets of words to my mind:
Wrist Strap
Throat Punch

I advocate for the first, I resist the second.

Last edited by robgski; 10-26-2021 at 05:55 AM.
10-26-2021, 03:44 AM   #174
Loyal Site Supporter

Still sucky though
Oh my, he doesn't know how lucky he was, you must have showed great self control, iced up doesn't sound good at all. Glad you are ok
10-26-2021, 04:48 AM - 1 Like   #175
Veteran Member

Still sucky though
UHM. We need to know every minute detail of this drama. Thanks in advance.
10-26-2021, 04:57 AM   #176
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Still sucky though
You were lucky but they were very very lucky! I am glad you are OK but you could still have kicked their heads clean of ... A little bit

---------- Post added 26-10-21 at 04:58 AM ----------

Never apologise. We think you are a star
10-26-2021, 05:22 AM   #177
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
Oh my, he doesn't know how lucky he was, you must have showed great self control, iced up doesn't sound good at all. Glad you are ok
When I signed up for my first martial arts instruction… we had to explain why we were interested, then read and sign a pledge to avoid violence except in situations where you or someone else would be in danger. My instructor told us that if we started misusing our training he would personally deal with us - and his Sifu with him and then us if he couldn’t resolve it.

Martial artists of any real character are very restrained and the people who do things like this “Iced up” dude are very very lucky that is the case.
10-26-2021, 10:46 AM - 2 Likes   #178

Photos: Albums
I'm swithering about next months lens. It's a toss-up between the Vivitar 17\3.5, the Cyclop 85\1.5 and the Pentacon 300\4.
Definitely up for Monovember. It was great fun last year.
10-26-2021, 12:39 PM   #179
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zubzubadoodle Quote
I'm swithering about next months lens. It's a toss-up between the Vivitar 17\3.5, the Cyclop 85\1.5 and the Pentacon 300\4.
Definitely up for Monovember. It was great fun last year.
Fine use of "Swithering" rocking a 300mm f4 for a month sounds incredibly challenging. The other two could be fun, especially the 85mm. I wanna see some bokeh
10-27-2021, 06:33 AM   #180

All this people trying to break the camera makes me really scared. I love my K- ii and cannot afford a replacement. I would hate it if someone broke it. Damn. Street photography worries I had were real. I'll just stick to shooting during travel and in the home or on the terrace.

I'm TINY, tiny and chubby and almost always smiling. I cannot for the love of god try to intimidate someone off my case.