Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2021, 05:33 PM   #76
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
I’ve recently been enamoured by Kodak Double-X 5222 if you can find it.*
It was the filmstock used to shoot ‘The Lighthouse’ with Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson.

*im yet to have any but I’ll be buying some soon as a birthday present to self.
I've not seen that movie, but the trailer looks really good. I'll add that film to my Christmas wish list

11-07-2021, 05:54 PM - 1 Like   #77
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
I'll add that film to my Christmas wish list
If you have the Kanopy app and your library participates in it, you can watch "The Lighthouse" and many other good movies for free.
11-07-2021, 09:03 PM - 1 Like   #78
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
I didn't think I'd be a fan, but so far, so good!

I have some posting and commenting to catch up on...

Your first (?) SiC month was all B&W!

(I found it when I was trawling back thru your Flickr albums looking for the adventures of Leaf)
11-08-2021, 03:33 AM   #79
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
My first week was so good that I feel pressure creaping into my mind. I just can't improve or even keep up in this level thru the whole month. I should post some shamefull safeties to lover the expectations I put on myself
Haha! Hilarious. I do agree though, you've been smashing it.

11-08-2021, 10:21 AM - 2 Likes   #80
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

I have few old zooms for which I don't have any use now that I have singled them. To be exact they are:

Pentax 35-70mm F3.5-4.5 SMC Pentax-A Zoom: Pentax-A 35-70mm F3.5-4.5 | Flickr
Pentax 40-80mm F2.8-4 SMC Pentax-M Zoom: Pentax M40-80/2,8-4 | Flickr
Pentax 75-150mm f4 SMC Pentax-M: Pentax M75-150 | Flickr

In total I paid 32,50€ for them, so local dealers won't pay anything and selling in our small market ain't worth the trouble. All are usable and 75-150 pretty close to primes in performance. I'm just no zoom type of person. Still I'd hate let them rot forgotten on the shelf or see them thrown away, so I have considered to give them to someone. So if someone would like to single them, I could sent them as present. If someone is interested, let me know.
11-08-2021, 10:51 AM - 2 Likes   #81
Pentaxian

I have few old zooms for which I don't have any use now that I have singled them. To be exact they are:

Pentax 35-70mm F3.5-4.5 SMC Pentax-A Zoom: Pentax-A 35-70mm F3.5-4.5 | Flickr
Pentax 40-80mm F2.8-4 SMC Pentax-M Zoom: Pentax M40-80/2,8-4 | Flickr
Pentax 75-150mm f4 SMC Pentax-M: Pentax M75-150 | Flickr

In total I paid 32,50€ for them, so local dealers won't pay anything and selling in our small market ain't worth the trouble. All are usable and 75-150 pretty close to primes in performance. I'm just no zoom type of person. Still I'd hate let them rot forgotten on the shelf or see them thrown away, so I have considered to give them to someone. So if someone would like to single them, I could sent them as present. If someone is interested, let me know.
If overseas shipping wasn’t typically expensive I’d be very tempted.
Have been curious about the 40-80 before for sure.

In other news, have uploaded some photos from a walk today but can’t decide on a favourite. I’ve been poor commenting this weekend so I’ll be making up for that tomorrow morning.
11-08-2021, 11:39 AM - 1 Like   #82
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

If overseas shipping wasn’t typically expensive I’d be very tempted.
Have been curious about the 40-80 before for sure.

In other news, have uploaded some photos from a walk today but can’t decide on a favourite. I’ve been poor commenting this weekend so I’ll be making up for that tomorrow morning.
From here most of the Europe is with the same price. UK included. Only Baltia and Scandinavia are cheaper.

I hadn't considered this to the end, but now that I'm checking prices, I can send within Europe (price group 2 to be exact, which cover Creece and Portugal for example). Further than that postage would have to be split. Receiver handles possible customs, but that shouldn't amount much for estimated value of 25€. And I send all 3 lenses in single paggage. It's all or nothing

EDIT: And I'd like to see the lenses shot in the challenge. No previous challenge history required.

11-08-2021, 12:50 PM   #83
Pentaxian

From here most of the Europe is with the same price. UK included. Only Baltia and Scandinavia are cheaper.

I hadn't considered this to the end, but now that I'm checking prices, I can send within Europe (price group 2 to be exact, which cover Creece and Portugal for example). Further than that postage would have to be split. Receiver handles possible customs, but that shouldn't amount much for estimated value of 25€. And I send all 3 lenses in single paggage. It's all or nothing

EDIT: And I'd like to see the lenses shot in the challenge. No previous challenge history required.
Oh go on - my curiosities are piqued.
If you drop me a PM I’ll respond either in a short while or first thing tomorrow.
11-08-2021, 03:21 PM - 1 Like   #84
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh go on - my curiosities are piqued.
If you drop me a PM I’ll respond either in a short while or first thing tomorrow.
PM sent
11-08-2021, 05:30 PM - 2 Likes   #85
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Your first (?) SiC month was all B&W!

(I found it when I was trawling back thru your Flickr albums looking for the adventures of Leaf)

First SIC was March 2014 (the street-by-street tour of Sedalia, MO with the M135/3.5).

SECOND SIC was April 2014, all monochromes with the MX-1. That was a nice one...

The MX-1 is going to come due again soon, I can tell!
11-09-2021, 08:05 AM - 1 Like   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Best laid plans... I have not adjusted to this new normal (daylight savings) well. I have a 3-5 mile walk a day that I require to keep myself on track with blood sugar and a lot of work and I'm finding myself walking in the dark. There's not enough time in the day! I do have some additional unposted shots but I'm far from making the daily habit of this that I should. This seems a common theme lately. Dang.
11-10-2021, 01:05 AM   #87
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Best laid plans... I have not adjusted to this new normal (daylight savings) well. I have a 3-5 mile walk a day that I require to keep myself on track with blood sugar and a lot of work and I'm finding myself walking in the dark. There's not enough time in the day! I do have some additional unposted shots but I'm far from making the daily habit of this that I should. This seems a common theme lately. Dang.
I know how you feel. We are in a spell of overcast mornings and dark evenings. I also can't vary my route much. Bailey is an old boy so long walks are a thing of the past. It certainly makes for a challenging sic
11-10-2021, 04:09 AM   #88
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Almost missed there's a theme today. I was planning CD series shot for today, but I try to find something for nature theme instead.
11-10-2021, 07:48 PM   #89
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote

First SIC was March 2014 (the street-by-street tour of Sedalia, MO with the M135/3.5).

SECOND SIC was April 2014, all monochromes with the MX-1. That was a nice one...

The MX-1 is going to come due again soon, I can tell!

Ah yes, the MX-1 did well.

Mind you, it’s wielder was primary…
11-11-2021, 10:12 PM - 1 Like   #90
Pentaxian

Welp, finally got my photos (since the 28th of October!) uploaded. Now posting, and attempting to do at least a smattering of catch-up commenting.

Please to forgive or at least not be too bothered by my lack of engagement thus far this month. Been rather on the busy side, as well as chucking myself harder into my karate training.