Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 29 Likes Search this Thread
11-09-2021, 01:53 PM - 3 Likes   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My family is with me at Denmark, and I’v got some paperwork and work to do. I’v taken photos, but I have very little time/energy to edit&post anything. Perhaps tomorrow..? But I’m still in the game..

11-09-2021, 04:38 PM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ahh, work took up my entire daylight hours so far! I will do better tomorrow, and I am off on Thursday and Friday, so I really plan on getting some images to make up for my lapse.
11-10-2021, 03:09 PM - 2 Likes   #18
Pentaxian

Yeah! I decided before the travel to take just pnasonic S5 and the kit lens 20-60 with me this time. To give to me the time to really try this thing out. I did nearly change that to bring K-3III and some nice lenses, as i knew that I would not like output with photos compared to what I could get with Pentax... So far this is true. BUT I wanted to also try it as a video camera and that thing does balance things out. Still I do get OK photos, but great video. 'm still sad to have to leave Pentax behind. perhaps I'll find the way to get nice PP in order to get not so corrected photos, since you really want to have corrections on especially with S 20-60 kit lens -> resulting mobile phone like image with all things corrected and no spirit.

all looking good, but no spirit.

oh well. I'll look this through anyway. let us see.
11-14-2021, 08:06 PM - 2 Likes   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No time hey... I understand - When you get an ugly me, you'll know I didn't have time for anything more interesting.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
11-14-2021, 08:31 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
No time hey... I understand - When you get an ugly me, you'll know I didn't have time for anything more interesting.
Your selfies are very good. You have a great subject!
11-15-2021, 08:36 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very creative selfies, certainly!
The weekend weather and fall foliage was fantastic, I put several lenses to use and hiked a few miles as well. Soon enough the winter drab will dominate the landscape, unless we get snow, so I need to take it all in while it lasts.
11-16-2021, 03:47 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Monday fell hard upon me, and I had no time for imagery during the day, and no energy when the day was done.

11-16-2021, 06:25 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Monday fell hard upon me, and I had no time for imagery during the day, and no energy when the day was done.
I’m sorry to hear that. My lack of time wasn’t draining but it sounds like yours was. Hang in there.
11-16-2021, 02:13 PM   #24
Pentaxian

I did do a little review of K-3III, which I do at the moment very much miss on the road right now. I'v done some video also which was the main reason on top of having to get some experience with S5 in photography as well as video.

Yes, video. It is very good, even hand held(mostly so far). But one day I had flicker in my eyes when I went to bed, berhaps due the screen and looking through intensively. Can anyone with EVF share this, or should I be worried? I'm not that used of EVF screens. in age of 44(my birhtday yesterday) I should not have that much problems yet, althou many things are coming...?

All in all I do miss my OVF, very much. Also image quality is a let down with Panasonic. I do think that it was made more with video performance in mind that photo. Even EVF work better in video mode. Not sure what is going on. In picture mode it is horrific. And I see my self still more as Phopto guy...

oh well. It is not that there is nothing I'v not shot before...but yeah. When I do get bac, I'll be all around my K-3III again. Such a great little camera.
11-22-2021, 04:39 AM - 1 Like   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Saturday and Sunday were days full of photography, I am loving the KP!
11-22-2021, 10:31 AM - 1 Like   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Saturday and Sunday were days full of photography, I am loving the KP!
I've been yearning for a little lighter daily carry than the K-1... I have a GRIII on the way (not the X). If there was any inventory at any store, I'd have picked it up over a month ago but always dragged my feet on having to order one. I finally caved last week.
11-22-2021, 11:06 AM - 1 Like   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've been yearning for a little lighter daily carry than the K-1... I have a GRIII on the way (not the X). If there was any inventory at any store, I'd have picked it up over a month ago but always dragged my feet on having to order one. I finally caved last week.
I really was considering the GRiii for a high resolution compact carry with fully manual settings as well. In the end, I got such a good deal on the KP, and I knew I could use the DA 40 XS I already own for a compact combo.
Very pleased, and though I still would not mind having the even smaller GRiii, this new option takes away a lot of the impetus to purchase one.
11-22-2021, 01:12 PM - 1 Like   #28
Pentaxian

Yeah, Back at home. I can't wait untill tomorrow to get my hands to my lovely K-3III...that said, with video Panasonic is nice...that said, I'm propably going to change it to actual video camera, whic 'can' take a photo, but it is not 'hybrid' . K-3III is better hybrid in this regard to my use. Actually best hybrid is video camera and photo camera, but not in same body. It has not made sense when I was looking some guys doing photography as well as video with just one camera. But if you happen to use tripod/gimbal at all, that thing is just a theory. Hand held material is ok, but big advantages of it's high quality does not come through, unless you shoot with latest stacked sensor cameras, which don't have jello/jitter to ruin your handheld stuff, this is maybe and with that money I wan't something else...

Just a little rant, sorry about that.

I'm not sure, perhaps more testing/practise is needed.

Anyways, good to be back home..

---------- Post added 11-22-21 at 22:13 ----------

I was just today dreaming of GR, would be so nice especially when traveling..
11-22-2021, 03:33 PM - 2 Likes   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I love mine. So much so that I am thinking of getting the x as well. You'll love it.
11-23-2021, 08:30 AM - 1 Like   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
I love mine. So much so that I am thinking of getting the x as well. You'll love it.
You are not helping! 😉🤣

I only wish I had bought the pancake 28mm I came across a few years ago. The DA 40XS and KP is a good stopgap until I can pick up a GRiii