Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2021, 03:48 PM - 2 Likes   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Today I scored an M42 Super-Takumar 35mm in near mint condition with a case. I will stick with the Da 21mm for December SIC, but the Daily In images will definitely have some images using this new lens

11-28-2021, 03:43 AM   #32
Forum Member

Whoa, the month of 21 millimeter lenses!

I'm umming and ahhing about whether to roll straight into December or take a breath and rejoin for January.... Either way it'll be the F*300/4.5 on the X-pro3.
11-28-2021, 05:43 AM - 1 Like   #33
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm in, thought I have noticed my interest in shooting ain't too high in this cold weather near polar circle. Forecast looks to be on the cold side during my stay here. So there might be some silly safeties on early December and for the rest of the November.

Luckily I was smart enough to take few lenses with me. I have 3 possibilities for December: A24, M40 and DFA*85.

I'm waiting to see DFA21ltd in SIC action. No pressure, but I expect awesomeness
11-28-2021, 05:47 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
I'm in, thought I have noticed my interest in shooting ain't too high in this cold weather near polar circle. Forecast looks to be on the cold side during my stay here. So there might be some silly safeties on early December and for the rest of the November.

Luckily I was smart enough to take few lenses with me. I have 3 possibilities for December: A24, M40 and DFA*85.

I'm waiting to see DFA21ltd in SIC action. No pressure, but I expect awesomeness
Me too. In the give away, Adam is giving apsc users the option to swap to another limited! Why on earth would we want to do that!

---------- Post added 28-11-21 at 05:51 AM ----------

We often have several of the same focal length but I don't remember seeing this many 21 in 12/21 is going to be epic and all to accompany our boy Raf over the line.

11-28-2021, 07:03 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Me too. In the give away, Adam is giving apsc users the option to swap to another limited! Why on earth would we want to do that!
Hey, I want 70mm Ltd, I do not care about FA lenses :P
11-28-2021, 08:20 AM - 1 Like   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Now that I own a KP, the DA 70mm certainly has an appeal as a compact portrait lens. I have an FA 77mm, which is a great lens, but I really like the compact form factor when I am walking around, especially in towns and cities where I might meet interesting photogenic people who are willing to have there picture taken.
11-28-2021, 11:42 AM - 2 Likes   #37
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
If giving the HD PENTAX-DFA 1:2.4 21mm ED Limited DC WR a "Single In" workout can't get me out of my current photographic malaise, I suspect nothing can.

So I'm in. I have a few lenses which cover a similar field of view on either full frame or crop, so expect to see the odd comparison shot.
Woohoo, perfect choice as it will inspire you to feel like you are wielding your metal hammer against the anvil with its wonderful metal feel and heft Surely Maples metals can give you some time off during December.....

---------- Post added 11-29-21 at 05:45 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ChatMechant Quote
Also in with the new DFA 21. Just received a nice silver one yesterday. Hope I get over being too anxious to take it outside, otherwise it'll be a whole month of indoor still life's. :/
Don't panic, if attacked outside , the heft can be used as a defensive weapon........ enjoy

---------- Post added 11-29-21 at 05:49 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikey Floyd Quote
Whoa, the month of 21 millimeter lenses!

I'm umming and ahhing about whether to roll straight into December or take a breath and rejoin for January.... Either way it'll be the F*300/4.5 on the X-pro3.
Excellent choice , I have that lens and it is one of my all time favourites, enjoy

Last edited by garywakeling; 11-28-2021 at 12:00 PM.
11-28-2021, 01:07 PM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Now that I own a KP, the DA 70mm certainly has an appeal as a compact portrait lens. I have an FA 77mm, which is a great lens, but I really like the compact form factor when I am walking around, especially in towns and cities where I might meet interesting photogenic people who are willing to have there picture taken.
I had a great month with the 70. Fabulous lens.
11-28-2021, 04:47 PM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I picked up a 77mm Variable ND filter at my local photo dealer's inventory clearance sale. I few step down rings and I now am able to use it on several of my larger lenses.
11-30-2021, 12:17 PM - 1 Like   #40

I'm in this month. The shortlist for the month was the Sigma 24\1.8 EX DG or the Mayer-Optic Gorlitz Orestegor 200\4. I'm normally happier shooting at the telephoto end of things, so I'm going to go out of my comfort zone and use the Sigma.
11-30-2021, 01:42 PM - 1 Like   #41
Veteran Member

I'm in! With a friendlier lens than MoNovember.

BOKEH-cember will be the (m42) Sears 55/1.4. It's going to be such a delightful change. :-)
11-30-2021, 04:45 PM - 1 Like   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
I'm in! With a friendlier lens than MoNovember.

BOKEH-cember will be the (m42) Sears 55/1.4. It's going to be such a delightful change. :-)
I've switched lenses, and will join you with a 55/1.8.
11-30-2021, 11:47 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jersey Quote
I almost bought 21mm but decided to get 15. It is very nice lens, very clear and even with software corrections off renders pretty well. Still with such wide angle rather hard to use and I rarely take it with me. So I will have an excuse to use it more.
Jersey, I meant to reply to this but it looks like it never posted.

I had the 15mm Ltd before my 35mm and found just the same; really rare for me to find subjects where I felt I could use it, but really beautiful results when such subjects came around!
12-01-2021, 12:29 AM - 1 Like   #44
Pentaxian

I.
Am.
In.

After what was a ludicrous amount of deliberation, I will be in with the SMC-A 50mm f/2.8 Macro. The last time I attempted (if we can even call it that) a SIC with this lens was in November 2019, when I was using an APS-C camera.
Hopefully it'll be a super-smooth month and I'll spot plenty of stuff to snap!
12-01-2021, 01:45 AM - 1 Like   #45
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
I.
Am.
In.

After what was a ludicrous amount of deliberation, I will be in with the SMC-A 50mm f/2.8 Macro. The last time I attempted (if we can even call it that) a SIC with this lens was in November 2019, when I was using an APS-C camera.
Hopefully it'll be a super-smooth month and I'll spot plenty of stuff to snap!
Nice! Wish we'd done that lens together. I'll be interested to see how the edges look for you. A7iii yes?