Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2021, 05:08 AM - 1 Like   #91
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
No one wants to know how the sausage is made.

agreed...

after working several years in restaurants - you do not want to know what is going on in the kitchen....

12-06-2021, 08:46 AM - 5 Likes   #92
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Went thru all posts and got up with commenting. We seem to have plenty of people in challenge this month. Mostly I just said just first thing that came into mind to keep time needed in reasonable amount.
12-06-2021, 11:20 PM   #93
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
There was a long article of this video in main newspaper in finland today. The guy has really put some effort into this. For example a few second cut about moon arc by the hill took a week to take. Two days hike with 85kg of gear into the forest and 3 nights waiting for bright weather in -25C. Also some really nice northern lights in the video. You guys often praise the winter shots I take while in the north, so I thought you might appreciate this video. It's really beautifully shot and shows the best of arctic winter. And of course when watching from the video, you don't have to suffer all the cold that's part of a real experience Although camping a few days hike from the closest roads in a cold winter night is an experience itself.

https://youtu.be/yXViUJUnIHc
Now we watched finnish timelapse from this same filmmaker for the last three nights. Really beautiful, well-made films!

Kiitos, Ismo. Paljon onnea suomi!
12-06-2021, 11:26 PM - 1 Like   #94
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WileyB Quote
Now we watched finnish timelapse from this same filmmaker for the last three nights. Really beautiful, well-made films!

Kiitos, Ismo. Paljon onnea suomi!
Thanks. We had national day yesterday

I haven't watched the other the other films yet.

12-07-2021, 02:58 PM - 1 Like   #95
Pentaxian

Flickr is acting up so I'll wait with uploading my submission till tomorrow. Not on theme anyway, so ...
Apart from that - great pictures from you all!
12-07-2021, 03:51 PM   #96
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Flickr isn't great with me either, just about got a shot posted...
12-07-2021, 11:36 PM   #97
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Flickr didn't work at all for me in the evening, but now it's ok again.

12-08-2021, 12:41 AM - 1 Like   #98
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I didn't get a shot yesterday, dark, stormy, long day etc.we will see what today brings
12-08-2021, 11:52 AM - 3 Likes   #99
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Haven't had much time to shoot, post or comment in the last few days, but you all have been putting up some great images.
12-10-2021, 11:50 PM - 3 Likes   #100
Pentaxian

Getting to be a busy time with one thing and another - leading to some safeties, and delays in posting, viewing, and commenting. Still here though, and catching up a little today, enjoying everyone’s photies. 8)
12-11-2021, 12:59 AM - 2 Likes   #101
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
leading to some safeties, and delays in posting, viewing, and commenting
Same here... I should be able to catch up today in the evening; I already have a safety lab shot
12-11-2021, 02:05 AM - 2 Likes   #102
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Now that I'm back home I should have plenty of time for shooting, but the weather here on the coast ain't as pretty as in the north.
12-11-2021, 03:57 AM - 1 Like   #103
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Getting to be a busy time with one thing and another - leading to some safeties, and delays in posting, viewing, and commenting.
Same here. I keep holding out in hope of the holiday slowdown starting, but some new work came in which will prevent me from really taking time off and relaxing until 24 December. I also intended to take all the days between 24 December and 31 December off, fingers crossed that it happens, because January will be busy as well. It's a good problem to have, I remember NOT being employed a few times in my life at this time of year, so I won't complain, I only need to make the most of the free time I can carve out of a busy day.

My bad habit of not resetting my camera after taking pictures at night almost undid me in daylight. I had the great opportunity for a sunset shot with an aircraft passing in front of it, found a place to pull over, grabbed the KP and opened the shutter, only to notice that the shutter stayed open far longer than it should have in daylight. D'oh, I was still using my night settings! I quickly switched to Av, but the moment was gone, alas.
12-11-2021, 10:29 AM - 1 Like   #104
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Same here. I keep holding out in hope of the holiday slowdown starting, but some new work came in which will prevent me from really taking time off and relaxing until 24 December. I also intended to take all the days between 24 December and 31 December off, fingers crossed that it happens, because January will be busy as well. It's a good problem to have, I remember NOT being employed a few times in my life at this time of year, so I won't complain, I only need to make the most of the free time I can carve out of a busy day.

My bad habit of not resetting my camera after taking pictures at night almost undid me in daylight. I had the great opportunity for a sunset shot with an aircraft passing in front of it, found a place to pull over, grabbed the KP and opened the shutter, only to notice that the shutter stayed open far longer than it should have in daylight. D'oh, I was still using my night settings! I quickly switched to Av, but the moment was gone, alas.
I've had plenty of those moments .
12-11-2021, 02:44 PM - 2 Likes   #105
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I drew a blank for the 11th; too much knife making (another mezzaluna, Raf!) among other distractions.

Still, I'm enjoying being back in the swing of things, and admiring the input from the rest of you!