Congrats!

thank you...

12-17-2021, 01:14 AM - 2 Likes   #167
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
my first shot for the SIC with my 'new' K10D hit explore:

That's brilliant. Great twist on the garden chair shot. So, are you seeing any differences with the CCD sensor?
12-17-2021, 02:55 AM - 1 Like   #168
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Good on you!
12-17-2021, 07:01 AM   #169
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Good on you!
thank you...

12-17-2021, 07:04 AM - 1 Like   #170
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
That's brilliant. Great twist on the garden chair shot. So, are you seeing any differences with the CCD sensor?
thank you - yes, the sensor is a color fiend; everything is saturated and I'm needing to post-process very little on these shots as far as color is concerned...

if anything, I'm cropping/straightening horizons, and pushing/pulling light vs dark on these shots... but that's pretty much it...
12-17-2021, 07:46 AM - 1 Like   #171
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

thank you - yes, the sensor is a color fiend; everything is saturated and I'm needing to post-process very little on these shots as far as color is concerned...

if anything, I'm cropping/straightening horizons, and pushing/pulling light vs dark on these shots... but that's pretty much it...
Interesting. One plan I have is to get an older Pentax body and have it converted to infrared. I love my IR but my current set up is a Sony A100 which is a bit of a clunker. I wonder how the CCD sensor would do for false colour work
12-17-2021, 07:57 AM   #172
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Interesting. One plan I have is to get an older Pentax body and have it converted to infrared. I love my IR but my current set up is a Sony A100 which is a bit of a clunker. I wonder how the CCD sensor would do for false colour work
before buying the K10D, I explored other camera lines in looking for the last/latest/greatest CCD bodies...

almost bought a Fuji, almost a Canon 200D - really liked the GR lines (the GR D series were all CCD, including the GX200)....

no idea on the IR for CCD, however.....

12-17-2021, 08:05 AM - 3 Likes   #173
Pentaxian

I’ve uploaded shots for the last few days but haven’t organised/posted them sorry folk.
Nor have I commented, apologies again. I should get the opportunity before long, I’m sure.
12-18-2021, 02:03 AM - 1 Like   #174
Pentaxian

It’s a really cool image. Nicely done
12-18-2021, 02:15 AM   #175
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
It’s a really cool image. Nicely done
thank you...
12-18-2021, 06:14 PM - 1 Like   #176
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

A good setup for watching for meteors! Congrats on the explore
12-19-2021, 01:36 PM - 2 Likes   #177
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Buy the 15, you know it makes sense
My resolve weakened when the price went down... It's on it's way to me. I'd have preferred a silver one to match my K3 iii but will have to make do with black.
12-19-2021, 03:52 PM   #178
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
My resolve weakened when the price went down... It's on it's way to me. I'd have preferred a silver one to match my K3 iii but will have to make do with black.
I absolutely love mine. It will be great for your climbing shots
12-19-2021, 05:24 PM - 2 Likes   #179
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
I’ve uploaded shots for the last few days but haven’t organised/posted them sorry folk.
Nor have I commented, apologies again. I should get the opportunity before long, I’m sure.
Basically, yes. I don't know how you all have the stamina! I have been shooting every day, remarkably, and I just edited and uploaded my photos to current on Flickr, but I don't think I can play catch up with commenting. At this point I'm just doing it for myself, which is valid and valuable. :-) The holidays, work, family, pets, housekeeping... I have to set aside time to just sit down and breathe!

I'm going to keep checking in here on the conversation thread, but I can't commit to participation. <3

Sandy, did my holiday card arrive yet?? :-D
12-19-2021, 11:09 PM - 2 Likes   #180
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hi all! Nice to be enjoying your pictures this month.

So…for the coming Tuesday. Selfies I understand; what is the B/ part of B/Selfies?

---------- Post added 12-19-21 at 11:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
Basically, yes. I don't know how you all have the stamina! I have been shooting every day, remarkably, and I just edited and uploaded my photos to current on Flickr, but I don't think I can play catch up with commenting. At this point I'm just doing it for myself, which is valid and valuable. :-) The holidays, work, family, pets, housekeeping... I have to set aside time to just sit down and breathe!

I'm going to keep checking in here on the conversation thread, but I can't commit to participation. <3

Sandy, did my holiday card arrive yet?? :-D
I think ‘taking and posting a picture every day’ sounds like a much better idea at the end of November, than a few weeks later as the holidays loom larger…