Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 53 Likes Search this Thread
12-30-2021, 10:29 PM - 1 Like   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
Congrats on your raffle win Pepperberry. What does a runner up get?
HD Pentax 21mm Limited Giveaway: Post here to enter the raffle! (Nov 22 - Dec 29) - PentaxForums.com

T shirt. And bragging rights!

12-30-2021, 11:35 PM - 1 Like   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I am late with today's daily photos as I was farting around with a little video production...

https://youtu.be/ixrrsCUi7ac
2021 - a good year for you! Very cool video and great photography work!!
12-30-2021, 11:37 PM   #48
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Congrats on your raffle win Pepperberry. What does a runner up get?
thank you...

I have a PF t-shirt on the way to me....
12-30-2021, 11:39 PM - 1 Like   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I understand that usage Recently, and rarely, I've asked a few strangers if they minded if I took their picture, and they obliged. One must be observant, and able to read body language but I have founf it to become easier to find willing subjects the more I do it. I encountered a tremendously photogenic and obliging subject last month, I only wish I'd had the K-1 and FA 77mm at hand, but the DA 40mm LTD on the K-1 performed admirably. Even though in daylight my ISO was far too high as I'd been indoors minutes before, Topaz Denoise did a great work in reducing the noise
Wonderful results. You should check the Flickr group 100 Strangers. I've been thinking I need to start back on that project. I haven't posted for over 18 months... I was out yesterday and saw someone I wanted to approach, but they were gone before I could work up the nerve to talk to them.

12-30-2021, 11:40 PM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cg57 Quote
Wonderful results. You should check the Flickr group 100 Strangers. I've been thinking I need to start back on that project. I haven't posted for over 18 months... I was out yesterday and saw someone I wanted to approach, but they were gone before I could work up the nerve to talk to them.
I found the group to be rude and unhelpful. I dropped the group and I continue the idea on my own.
12-30-2021, 11:41 PM - 1 Like   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
thank you...

Congrats on the contest ... it was wonderful seeing someone I recognized in one of the winner's circles.
12-30-2021, 11:45 PM   #52
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Congrats on the contest ... it was wonderful seeing someone I recognized in one of the winner's circles.
thank you...

12-31-2021, 12:01 AM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I found the group to be rude and unhelpful. I dropped the group and I continue the idea on my own.
I'm sorry to hear that. I only have six shots listed in the group. The feedback was limited, but positive. I found the concept help stretched me to move out of my introversion and the accountability of having a forum to post in kept me moving forward until the pandemic. I certainly understand leaving a group that is rude and unhelpful and it's wonderful you pursue the project on your own.
12-31-2021, 06:01 AM - 2 Likes   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm sorry to hear that. I only have six shots listed in the group. The feedback was limited, but positive. I found the concept help stretched me to move out of my introversion and the accountability of having a forum to post in kept me moving forward until the pandemic. I certainly understand leaving a group that is rude and unhelpful and it's wonderful you pursue the project on your own.
My issue was that no one who interacted with me gave feedback other than to demand I add callouts to the group. Then when I asked how they stonewalled me. My issue was that I was doing this using my phone as the interface to Flickr and it doesn’t give the same view of groups that a desktop browser gives. The client for Flickr on my phone also makes copy/paste of that tag info difficult. I asked for help on how to get the text and where and they simply wouldn’t understand and eventually I left.
12-31-2021, 06:41 AM - 2 Likes   #55
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
Good on you, congratulations!

---------- Post added 12-31-21 at 09:14 ----------

Happy New Year's Eve to all of you!
12-31-2021, 08:52 AM - 1 Like   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
My issue was that no one who interacted with me gave feedback other than to demand I add callouts to the group. Then when I asked how they stonewalled me. My issue was that I was doing this using my phone as the interface to Flickr and it doesn’t give the same view of groups that a desktop browser gives. The client for Flickr on my phone also makes copy/paste of that tag info difficult. I asked for help on how to get the text and where and they simply wouldn’t understand and eventually I left.
Unfortunate and frustrating circumstances of the participation rules and cell phone upload limitations.
I'm wondering if there is a PF group dedicated to the 100 Strangers concept. I saw there's Street Photography and I think Portrait groups but I don't think these fit the same objective. I'll have to do a deeper dive into the forums.

Anyway, here's to ringing out the old and ringing in the new ...
Blessings,
Cindy
12-31-2021, 08:58 AM - 1 Like   #57
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I saw there's Street Photography and I think Portrait groups but I don't think these fit the same objective.
As a proponent of Groups versus threads, and a member of the under-used Street Photo group, I think something like "100 Strangers" fits in with this group very well, because Street can range from candid or fleeting images, but can also include planned but more informal street portraits.

I liked the idea so much I started a new thread in the Street Photography group titled May I Take Your Picture?

Last edited by robgski; 12-31-2021 at 09:16 AM.
12-31-2021, 12:33 PM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
As a proponent of Groups versus threads, and a member of the under-used Street Photo group, I think something like "100 Strangers" fits in with this group very well, because Street can range from candid or fleeting images, but can also include planned but more informal street portraits.

I liked the idea so much I started a new thread in the Street Photography group titled May I Take Your Picture?
Thanks for the group information and starting the thread. I joined Street Photographers and plan on participating in it and your thread. Now, to push myself out of that shell of mine...
12-31-2021, 02:08 PM - 2 Likes   #59
Pentaxian

Hey guys! Thank you for this month and this year! 2021!

It was a nice and surprising relaxed month. I'm going to take easy next month too, and in fact more than that. My first 365 begins tomorrow. one picture/day. No pressure, no big things(althou I do have some, but keeping those cards close to my chest for now. ) Tough times with all of this, but I have a positive feeling about next year, not right off the bat, but By spring it should be better. Right! Right.

Take care and happy new year 2022!