Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2021, 01:50 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Daily in December 2021

Daily in December 2021 - discussion thread

Welcome to the "Daily in" December 2021 Challenge (aka DIC) here at Pentax Forums!

Aim of the Game: Shoot daily and post one picture each day of the month to this group challenge using any camera gear you want. Our desire when starting this challenge was to be similar in culture to the popular "Single In" Challenge (aka SI or SIC) here at Pentax Forums, while instead being able to use any lens/gear we want each and any day of the month.

There is no limitation to what camera gear you use for this challenge.

Additionally for film shooters, you can post your film shot for the day according to the day you scan your image, if you want. We just ask that you also note the approximate date when the image was exposed, if possible. And of course any gear, film type and exposure setting details you might be able to provide are always appreciated.

Commenting: Posting our pictures to the daily threads for the month allows other participants to view and comment on them. Conversely, it’s hoped that you will comment on the pictures posted by the other members as well. Please don’t be shy, even if you don’t have much photographic experience or are a Forum newbie. Your personal reactions to photographs are just as valid as any. We aim to be a friendly group and with regular commenting, we’ll soon be enjoying the camaraderie.

The rewards: Daily shooting and sharing is great fun and a real challenge! As with the Single In Challenge, you’ll see what other members achieve with their selected gear which will sometimes be the same gear you’ve chosen for that day. In the comment banter you’re likely to pick up some photographic tips and ideas too. As the month progresses it can become quite demanding to keep shooting and posting every day (it’s a challenge, remember) but you’ll always be encouraged by other participants. Worried about LBA and GAS? Sorry, this game won’t help you!

Note: This 'Daily Challenge' started in January 2016 when a few regular members of the 'Single In Challenge' wanted to have a similar daily shooting/posting challenge format and interactive culture with the key difference of being able to switch the gear up during the month whenever desired. That said, if you're here considering whether or not to join the Daily Challenge for a month and haven't yet tried a month of the Single In Challenge, we enthusiastically encourage you to try one... Simply put, spending a whole month shooting daily and sharing with the same lens is a great way to get to know your gear.

How to participate:

1. Join the Group to be able to post pictures to the daily threads; you only have to do this once. The group’s name is “Daily Challenge (By Month)”. You’ll find a clickable link on that forum page to join the group.

2. Store your pictures in an on-line album somewhere. This could be the Pentax Forum, or others such as Flickr, etc. Flickr is the most commonly used host, and makes it easiest for others to comment on your pictures.

3. Post your daily image into the daily picture thread in the Daily Challenge (By Month) group page. That image should link to where your image is hosted, so members can follow that link and comment on your images. That's it!

More notes:
** Some of us may be participating in both the Daily Challenge and the Single In challenges for the current month. When this is the case, please post a different image to each challenge for the same day.

** If you are going to be linking to your images in a Pentax Forum album, just ask for advice below if needed.

** If you are posting a link to Flickr, just click on the sharing icon below your selected picture over at flickr.com and a window will open displaying the BB code. Select the 1024px size, then copy and paste the BB code into the Daily Challenge (By Month) group page in the Pentax Forum.

** If you're a Flickr member, here is the Flickr group to join: Daily Challenges (Pentax Forums)
Please remember to add your posted images to this Flickr group.

Each day you’ll see a new thread of pictures grow in the Daily Challenge (By Month) group page. By clicking on each picture in the daily thread you should be redirected to the photographer’s image page wherever it's hosted and there you will be able to add a comment and read/interact with those of others.

When you post your picture each day to the daily thread, in your post and/or on the linked photo page, please specify the camera/lens combination with your picture eg 'K5 & DA15 Ltd'. This makes it easy and helpful for others to note what gear you’re using. This is especially helpful for this Daily Challenge where our chosen lenses and/or cameras for each day may be changing frequently.

The thread you’re reading now is the month long general 'Discussion Thread' for Game > Daily In September 2021 Challenge. It's is a separate discussion thread from the picture posting thread referred to above. So we recommend that you subscribe to this discussion thread here as well to keep up with activities and develop a rapport with other Challenge members. This is the place to ask questions, offer advice, share concerns, suggest improvements, and often just participate in general banter related to this month’s challenge.

** If you've been shooting daily pictures during the challenge month but have been away from the internet or have been too busy to post and want to back post your images to the daily threads for the month, please go for it. It is recommended in this case to also come back to the monthly thread here and post a comment to let the group know and provide some details to inspire us to visit your images.

There is no limitation to what camera gear you use for this challenge. Anything goes!

It is easier than it might seem at first. If you miss any days, don’t worry about it. Just keep shooting and sharing! If you have any problems or questions, please ask below.

So who's in?

Themes for the month. If you want...

Saturday 4th Food and cakes
Sunday 5th Big!
Saturday 11th Clothes, not being worn
Sunday 12th Christmas lights
Saturday 18th Christmas decorations
Sunday 19th your refrigerator door, not the inside, but the outside - what's stuck on your door?
Sunday 26th Wallet/purse/money bag which will be empty by now.

Last edited by Minimonster; 12-02-2021 at 01:59 PM.
11-28-2021, 05:21 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm in as usual. It's Christmas season, so some themes around that maybe- Food, Cakes, Christmas Decorations. Other themes I can think of : BIG, Wallet/purse/money bag, (seeing that we'll all be emptying them over this festive season ) And clothes - not being worn.
11-28-2021, 06:27 AM - 1 Like   #3
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

yeah - I'm in....

one suggestion for a theme - your refrigerator door, not the inside, but the outside - what's stuck on your door?

I was standing in front of our fridge the other day and the array of notes, calendars, etc, just struck me...
11-28-2021, 07:39 AM - 2 Likes   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
one suggestion for a theme - your refrigerator door, not the inside, but the outside - what's stuck on your door?

I was standing in front of our fridge the other day and the array of notes, calendars, etc, just struck me...
Now that's a fun theme idea.

11-28-2021, 07:40 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good job keeping this rolling along @minimonster
11-28-2021, 08:10 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I’m in. I’ll try to actually shoot daily with a mix of gear. I have a new Sony SAL70300 my dad bought along with an adapter (la-ea3) for peanuts ($85?).

In any case I’m going to shoot it and other Sony gear to make images to share with him. There should also be other gear involved. I have too many Pentax lenses for them to sit idle long.
11-28-2021, 08:24 AM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
we'll all be emptying them over this festive season
Empty, yes, but our hearts will be full.

Since I just picked up an M42 35mm and a KP, I'll be having a good time no matter what, and spoiled for choice.

I will give some thought to themes.

11-28-2021, 10:04 AM - 2 Likes   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think I’ll jump in again this month…have a lot going on but I miss the daily discipline,
11-28-2021, 10:15 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
I think I’ll jump in again this month…have a lot going on but I miss the daily discipline,
New England at Christmas time offers no end of great subjects, too.
11-30-2021, 06:59 PM - 3 Likes   #10
Veteran Member

Count me in too! I'm looking to break through my creative doldrums.
12-01-2021, 04:39 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Let the month begin!
12-01-2021, 04:58 AM - 2 Likes   #12
Pentaxian

Yes, I'm in. I thought of doing single in, but I could not choose lens, so here we go..
12-01-2021, 04:08 PM - 3 Likes   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
it's been a while ... I'm going to jump in.
12-01-2021, 04:19 PM - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Great to see everyone! Can't wait for the pictures.
12-01-2021, 05:49 PM - 1 Like   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Long day, I did take some shots, will post tomorrow. Good night!