Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
12-15-2021, 07:30 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Post processing challenge #397

Welcome to this weeks PP challenge and thanks to Kerrowdown for hosting the last challenge and for picking my effort out of the bunch (the Lagavullin is on the way ).

For this week, it's a piece of mundane and rundown architecture that frequents some of our smaller and remote rural towns here in Australia. I'll leave this open to 9 pm on the 23rd December Australian Eastern Summer Time and the winner will be grinning before christmas. Have fun!

Link to DNG file below:
File sharing and storage made simple

For the next host:

For the next host:
The mediafire website is: mediafire.com
The login name is: ppchallenge@tmphillips.com
The password is: postprocessing

The town is Curlewis in western NSW, Australia.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
12-15-2021, 07:57 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Immediately thought pano crop... not sure on the processing, however it's what I came up with...

12-15-2021, 09:18 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Here's mine:

Thanks,
Ismael
12-16-2021, 02:58 PM - 1 Like   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
The Edge Of Town

On a late afternoon...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
12-16-2021, 05:51 PM - 3 Likes   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
What crimes you will not go to make the picture more interesting
Attached Images

12-17-2021, 12:41 PM - 1 Like   #6
Lev
Veteran Member

my respect to all participants, very nice work!!

12-19-2021, 02:40 PM   #7
Pentaxian

A slow day, so I just got carried away!

Last edited by tuggie76; 03-26-2022 at 03:54 PM.
12-20-2021, 08:15 AM   #8

Some oil painting here
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
12-20-2021, 12:40 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks to all who have had a go. Nice entries so far! Still around a day and a half for anyone thinking of entering. Keep them coming!
12-23-2021, 12:49 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The wrap....

Thanks to everyone for their participation in this run and the others over the course of the year! For me, the postpro challenge is one of the most interesting on PF and even when I don't play, I thoroughly enjoy seeing how different people come up with wildly different and interesting interpretations.

Bertwert - the pano crop was something that became popular this week. I like the toning and contrast and also the retention of detail in the shadows. Very good.
IsmaelG - comprehensive job of removing all the power poles and wires (had to take half a point off for the pole shadow that's lost it's pole ) and I like the crop a lot.
Kerrowdown - a dreamy and lovely sunset you have created. The town has never looked so good! Something has grown or evolved on the left hand side - I have no idea how you do this stuff?
Fdooch - I hear your lament but it's OK, the PP challenge is the place to hide the crimes. Fantastic work with the addition of the sign and poster! (Footnote: no cowboys in saloons in Australia, we have stockmen and drovers who drink in pubs or hotels)
Lev - an aged and scuffed treatment for a town that is also showing the ravages of time. The more I looked at your version the more I liked it.
Tuggie76 - lucky it wasn't a slow week! Definitely the over the top award for this week. Hats off! Seats, menu? on the wall, galloping horse teams.....not sure about the sunglasses? Plenty to smile about! Good one.
Pelto - a wonderful and warm treatment with the addition of a mountain backdrop. The locals would be most pleased!

Thanks again to all for their entries.....but there can only be one winner and for this week, I've selected Lev's entry as the winner with Bertwert's entry as the runner up.

Congratulations Lev and over to you for the next challenge.
12-23-2021, 01:44 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Congratulations Lev, and thanks to Grimmus, an enjoyable picture to work with.

Merry Christmas to you all.
12-23-2021, 02:17 PM   #12
Lev
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Grimmus Quote
Thanks to everyone for their participation in this run and the others over the course of the year! For me, the postpro challenge is one of the most interesting on PF and even when I don't play, I thoroughly enjoy seeing how different people come up with wildly different and interesting interpretations.

Bertwert - the pano crop was something that became popular this week. I like the toning and contrast and also the retention of detail in the shadows. Very good.
IsmaelG - comprehensive job of removing all the power poles and wires (had to take half a point off for the pole shadow that's lost it's pole ) and I like the crop a lot.
Kerrowdown - a dreamy and lovely sunset you have created. The town has never looked so good! Something has grown or evolved on the left hand side - I have no idea how you do this stuff?
Fdooch - I hear your lament but it's OK, the PP challenge is the place to hide the crimes. Fantastic work with the addition of the sign and poster! (Footnote: no cowboys in saloons in Australia, we have stockmen and drovers who drink in pubs or hotels)
Lev - an aged and scuffed treatment for a town that is also showing the ravages of time. The more I looked at your version the more I liked it.
Tuggie76 - lucky it wasn't a slow week! Definitely the over the top award for this week. Hats off! Seats, menu? on the wall, galloping horse teams.....not sure about the sunglasses? Plenty to smile about! Good one.
Pelto - a wonderful and warm treatment with the addition of a mountain backdrop. The locals would be most pleased!

Thanks again to all for their entries.....but there can only be one winner and for this week, I've selected Lev's entry as the winner with Bertwert's entry as the runner up.

Congratulations Lev and over to you for the next challenge.

I didn't expect really, I've received a message from Grimmus and I replied shortly saying thank you and moving on, but didn't fully realized that I won . Now, I want also to say it here so thank you very much, Grimmus and thanks to everyone who participated in this contest! You guys really showed amazing skills! I would like to say special thanks to Fdooch, to be honest, his work inspired me to create mine, absolutely mind blowing, I liked it very much!

THANKS!!!
12-24-2021, 03:45 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks, Lev.
But Grimmus is right. There are no cowboys in Australia))
12-24-2021, 04:31 AM   #14
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Grimmus Quote
Something has grown or evolved on the left hand side - I have no idea how you do this stuff?
Right hand side too...
12-29-2021, 04:44 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Are we having New Year's holidays?