Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 62 Likes Search this Thread
01-02-2022, 06:44 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Weather - since we have members in both Northern and Southern Hemispheres it would be interesting to compare for any given day.
In-camera Effect - almost all of us use a camera with built in features such as filters, interval shooting multiexposure, composite, etc, , choose one

01-02-2022, 07:27 AM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Weather - since we have members in both Northern and Southern Hemispheres it would be interesting to compare for any given day.
In-camera Effect - almost all of us use a camera with built in features such as filters, interval shooting multiexposure, composite, etc, , choose one
I like both ideas
01-02-2022, 01:52 PM - 5 Likes   #18
Pentaxian

Popping back in for January.
01-02-2022, 04:20 PM - 2 Likes   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have been sick since New Year’s Eve. I didn’t overindulge, heck I didn’t have alcohol, but around mid afternoon I got to feeling lousy. It’s been a long couple of days. I haven’t shot anything as you can imagine.

01-02-2022, 05:50 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by graeme83 Quote
Popping back in for January.
Good to have you!
01-03-2022, 12:25 PM - 2 Likes   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Themes for the month:

Saturday 8th Old
Sunday 9th New
Saturday 15th Light
Sunday 16th Long exposure/slow shutter
Saturday 22nd Weather where you are today
Sunday 23rd Frame within a frame
Saturday 29th Shadow
Sunday 30th In camera effect (try something new!)
01-04-2022, 07:26 PM - 1 Like   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

On this sunny day after a snowfall, I could not find my 49mm CPL, so I used a 4 stop ND to cut some of the glare, I think it worked pretty well. I also learned how easy one can accidentality change the shutter timer settings on the KP .

01-05-2022, 08:29 PM   #23
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Flickr acting up here - unable to upload anything...
01-09-2022, 09:40 AM - 3 Likes   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

With rain in Sunday's forecast, I decided that Saturday was the best last opportunity to go to the lighted gardens before that exhibition ended. I am very glad that I did. I used the KP with both te SIC lens of the month, then changes lenses for the DA 21 because I wanted to have a wider FOV to take things in as I experimented with the high ISO and wanted to see long exposure results from the KP. Overall I was very please, I should have stopped down a little further when using manual settings to avoid blowing out highlights. I also tried using several Grad ND, but inverted, so I could get the dimmer star scape without blowing out the lighted grounds below. I was please with some fo the results, but I need to improve my technique and experiment more to get the right balance.
I also spent time taking pictures of people using their phones. That was fun.
01-10-2022, 11:54 PM - 3 Likes   #25
Pentaxian

Sorry folks, I've been taking and uploading pictures but only this morning have decided on which ones make the cut for me.
I'll aim to do some commenting a little later.
01-11-2022, 06:29 PM - 3 Likes   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Not sure if Flickr has uploaded my daily shot. It's not showing in my photostream but does in the Organize feature. So, I post a shot later.
01-12-2022, 09:46 AM - 2 Likes   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cg57 Quote
Not sure if Flickr has uploaded my daily shot. It's not showing in my photostream but does in the Organize feature. So, I post a shot later.
Check privacy settings. I’ve had something uploaded with private not show in photo stream due to having it set to show public only on my view of photo stream.
01-15-2022, 06:35 PM - 2 Likes   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This month the workdays have been too busy and I am often at the desk from dawn to dusk, so I try to get out and enjoy at least part of the weekend taking photos. The weather was cold but clear when I Met up with an old friend and we did a short and easy hike near the Potomac River. Not many animals, or birds about, but I did spot a great blue heron. I had the K1 and F100-300mm so I hope a few of the images will be good.
01-20-2022, 06:54 AM - 1 Like   #29
Pentaxian

Apologies all, looks like I'll be ducking out of the rest of this month. Since taking receipt of a Fuji X-E2, it's been the camera I've been fiddling with most.
To give a little summary, the Flektogon 35mm f/2.4 is a very capable lens with something of a 'cult' following. It can afford plenty of contrast stopped down, but with an almost 'hazy' soft wide-open rendering.
The close focus is a joy, quite simply. If anyone gets the opportunity to try one, go for it!
A few of my favourites from this month:

01-22-2022, 05:19 AM - 1 Like   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Todays theme is weather, and while it’s not bad here, it is worse where i had intended to go. Might have some pictures later once I get there, if I go.

It has been as busy month workwise, so i really want to do something fun on the weekend.