Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2022, 05:51 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Photos from the same location

The goal of this thread is to show in a post how rich a (small) location can be once you get to know it. What does small mean? It's subjective, and perhaps you can tell this in your post. Sometimes for me it's literally the same spot, sometimes it's maybe a short walk. Post at least two images, and up to however many you see fit, from a single location, and feel free to include any description or story about that place and your images.

01-10-2022, 06:53 PM - 3 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Here's my first contribution to this thread, but it's not what gave me the idea to start it, that I'll share later once I dig through the archive.
I normally bike to get here, but sometimes I drive, and in either case I have a camera with me. It's an area with warehouses, and sometimes the light is really nice at sunset. But most success I've had without walking around much, here are four shots from the parking lot of my gym...

01-10-2022, 11:38 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Interesting topic. There's a location near me that has multiple settings in a relatively small area. I'll need to wait until I can get on a computer to get photos linked properly, but I'll try to get around to it when I can.
01-11-2022, 01:41 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Nice idea. Especially when someone is stuck in the same places for a while. I like seeing different things but itís somehow more beneficial to see the same thing multiple times. Thus, not so many photography opportunities means more opportunities for better photos... Iíll find something to contribute here.

01-11-2022, 02:56 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So here's some of mine. This place has a small waterfall when the rain hits, a good sized ravine, a large culvert, a wooded area, rocks, walkway, and an open area good for astro if you don't want to drive a long way from the city. In the winter, the pond below the waterfall freezes over, which makes for some good fire-on-ice type work. I don't get out there often, but I've actual been wanting to again.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-500  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-500  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-500  Photo 
01-11-2022, 06:00 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mooncatt Quote
the pond below the waterfall freezes over, which makes for some good fire-on-ice type work
Thanks for posting, good variety of images. The third one is probably my favorite
01-11-2022, 06:12 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aaacb Quote
Thanks for posting, good variety of images. The third one is probably my favorite
Thanks, it's one of my favorites too. Then again, it's pretty hard to make steel wool shots look bad. Lol.

I hope to re-shoot it, though, and maybe this winter now that things are frozen solid. See that twiggy looking black thing in the upper right foreground? That's actually the cable from my remote shutter receiver. I was using my 15mm lens, and the cable was somehow knocked in front of it. I didn't notice it until I got home. DX

6 Days Ago - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mooncatt Quote
So here's some of mine. This place has a small waterfall when the rain hits, a good sized ravine, a large culvert, a wooded area, rocks, walkway, and an open area good for astro if you don't want to drive a long way from the city. In the winter, the pond below the waterfall freezes over, which makes for some good fire-on-ice type work. I don't get out there often, but I've actual been wanting to again.
Pretty interesting wildlife, LOL, great stuff
6 Days Ago - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

These are all taken on boardwalk railing, within a couple hundred yards:

5 Days Ago   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Where I used to live last year (and four years prior to that), there was this bike and walking path where a street would have been, about half a mile in length. It was how I walked to the subway, and then where I walked most often from when the pandemic started. These are just some of the photos I've kept, shot many many more

5 Days Ago   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
These are all taken on boardwalk railing, within a couple hundred yards:
what a variety of birds, seems like a great spot!
5 Days Ago - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aaacb Quote
what a variety of birds, seems like a great spot!
It really is, and these are just ones I've found sitting on the railings. I usually get there at least once a week, sometimes 3 or 4 times. It's located partially in the salt mash along the Intracoastal Waterway, a few hundred yards from the Ocean. There's a boat ramp and a kayak launch there. Several times I've walked a couple miles on the beach, then a few short blocks over to this park, and make the tour around it. Makes a really nice "bird" walk.