Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2022, 08:57 PM - 4 Likes   #106
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
month three of the year of the Takumar is now in the bag - the SMC Takumar 50mm f1.4

yet another lovely little Takumar - the expected build quality, color rendition, sharpness, bokeh - all in spades here....

I can't even complain about the MFD, now that I'm using an adapter with a focusing helicoid.... but it does not like sunsets; the strong evening sunbeams tend to lose contrast and color enough to where I just stopped trying to shoot sunsets with this one....

no worries - there were enough other things around PbF to shoot; the beginnings of spring, the return of shooting more outside than in, and the first snatches of color returning to the land....

some March shots that were my favorites:

and on to April....

(:

04-01-2022, 02:13 AM - 1 Like   #107
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Your wonderful summaries

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I thought a month with a 135mm would be a real trial, but this Takumar Preset 135mm f3.5 is just wonderful.
and

QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
Month end review with the SMC-K 135mm f2.5.
almost tempt me to use my M42 CZJ 135/3.5 in April and work on my 'longer lens eye'. Maybe May is the month.
04-01-2022, 02:32 AM   #108
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JensE Quote
Your wonderful summaries

and

almost tempt me to use my M42 CZJ 135/3.5 in April and work on my 'longer lens eye'. Maybe May is the month.
It is not too late to change your mind .
04-01-2022, 08:17 AM - 2 Likes   #109
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
March saw the third month of using one of my K series lenses, this time the K50/1.4. Although I have had this lens for a while, I've never used it very much as the K50/1.2 has usually got the call because, well, 1.2... This month has made me realise that I should have used the 1.4 a great deal more, and I'll certainly be packing it when I travel as it is quite a bit smaller and lighter (265g compared to 385g). Wide open it is a bit soft with quite a "glow" which would look good for portraits, and possibly some of the dreamier styles of flower photography. Stopped down even a little, and it is very sharp where it matters with a pleasant bokeh. Stop down to f/5.6 or f/8 and it is as sharp as anything. The focusing on mine is very smooth and easy without feeling sloppy, as I have come to expect with my K-series lenses. All-in-all I'm very glad I used this lens this month, and it is going to see a more regular place in my camera bag as a result.

As to images, mostly I wasn't all that inspired this month. Lots of travelling to work and dull wet weather, although more recently it cheered-up quite a bit until yesterday when it snowed (and not enough to be photogenic). Apologies to anyone who uses Chrome as Ipernity and Chrome do not play well together. There is a security setting buried somewhere deep in Chrome's options which will allow the images to show rather than just links. Firefox users will have no problems. All taken using my K-3iii.

March 1: books par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

March 7: St Pancras church, par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

March 9: chickens par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

March 10: Bedstead grave marker (1) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

March 16: St Helen's at night par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

March 20: Twinners' tree par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

March 26: bird scarer par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Cross-posted with the K-lenses thread.

04-01-2022, 02:55 PM   #110
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
Apologies to anyone who uses Chrome as Ipernity and Chrome do not play well together. There is a security setting buried somewhere deep in Chrome's options which will allow the images to show rather than just links. Firefox users will have no problems.

I've recently upgraded my Mac, which means a completely new install of Chrome - does anyone have a suggestion/fix for this?

I've spent a bit of time searching for the fix and simply cannot find it....
04-01-2022, 04:57 PM   #111
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I've recently upgraded my Mac, which means a completely new install of Chrome - does anyone have a suggestion/fix for this?

I've spent a bit of time searching for the fix and simply cannot find it....

My suggestion is totally unhelpful: “use Safari” xP

(Sorry; more seriously I don’t know anything …)
04-01-2022, 05:00 PM   #112
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
My suggestion is totally unhelpful: “use Safari” xP

(Sorry; more seriously I don’t know anything …)

thank you....

Safari is 'ok' - I would have preferred to continue to use Camino, but that project stopped several years ago...