09-24-2009, 10:08 AM   #1531
Forum Member

your blog is simply amazing javier .

09-24-2009, 01:14 PM   #1532
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Why Thank you very much. What a nice compliment. I have only just started to blog and that is fun in itself. I will stick to that for a time.
Thanks again, javier
Your welcome. With the amount of work you have, and easy book publishing sites like blurb.com around to be able to make your own book, you should consider it down the road. It would be a nice representation of SoCal streets.
09-24-2009, 09:27 PM   #1533
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Street Stuff with new 50mm 1.7

Happy to be out testing and getting to know my new 50mm lenses-this SMC 50mm 1.7 and a Ricoh 50mm F2. Anyway posted some shots that include some unusual streets.

So happy to be off of kit lens. Look forward to happy learning and images

Last edited by bbluesman; 09-24-2009 at 09:33 PM.
09-24-2009, 09:31 PM   #1534
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
Your welcome. With the amount of work you have, and easy book publishing sites like blurb.com around to be able to make your own book, you should consider it down the road. It would be a nice representation of SoCal streets.
Hey, thanks again. I just finished checking out the site. Perhaps I will give it a go.

09-24-2009, 09:32 PM   #1535
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nicholas621 Quote
your blog is simply amazing javier .
Why Thank you very much
09-24-2009, 09:39 PM   #1536
Veteran Member

Original Poster

As I was walking westlake village, I thought it was very cool to see a shoe shine person making an honest living. I had not seen one since I was a kid...What a great profession this once was. When life was much more simple, when people would get years worth of use from their shoes, when people use to get them resoled....
09-24-2009, 09:46 PM   #1537
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
As I was walking westlake village, I thought it was very cool to see a shoe shine person making an honest living. I had not seen one since I was a kid...What a great profession this once was. When life was much more simple, when people would get years worth of use from their shoes, when people use to get them resoled....
Javier that is so true and good observation. So much quality has been lost due to obsession with profits and lower prices. Special thing when someone works with their hands and provides an honest service. Nice images as well.

09-24-2009, 10:06 PM   #1538
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bbluesman Quote
Javier that is so true and good observation. So much quality has been lost due to obsession with profits and lower prices. Special thing when someone works with their hands and provides an honest service. Nice images as well.
Thank u...I really love that third image you posted in the last series. That 50F/1.7 i hear is an amazing lens. I use allot of the older Lenses and use them all for zone focusing. I find that it is hard to beat them for street all though a 50 is a tad long for me these days..
09-24-2009, 10:11 PM   #1539
Pentaxian

Thank u...I really love that third image you posted in the last series. That 50F/1.7 i hear is an amazing lens. I use allot of the older Lenses and use them all for zone focusing. I find that it is hard to beat them for street all though a 50 is a tad long for me these days..
Thanks-what is a trip is that ll of these images were from 1.5 hour photo walk this morning. I love living in such a compact place. I can slip from city to country-rice fields in minutes.

Many people comment that 50 is a little long. Since I'm a noob I haver no special feelings. Excited to try the 24mm on the way. Will also do a bunch of night stuff with it tonight then the Ricoh 50 after that.
09-24-2009, 10:19 PM   #1540
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bbluesman Quote
Thanks-what is a trip is that ll of these images were from 1.5 hour photo walk this morning. I love living in such a compact place. I can slip from city to country-rice fields in minutes.

Many people comment that 50 is a little long. Since I'm a noob I haver no special feelings. Excited to try the 24mm on the way. Will also do a bunch of night stuff with it tonight then the Ricoh 50 after that.
Don't let anyone decide what is too long for ''you''...remember. Comfort is king and context will have allot to do with it.
09-24-2009, 10:26 PM   #1541
Veteran Member

Original Poster

Fruit vendors is another one...I for one appreciate them...BUT a word to the wise...I never buy from Male street vendors as they are usually very dirty...Women on the other hand are usually clean and almost always wear gloves....But from women.
09-24-2009, 11:51 PM   #1542
Pentaxian

Fruit vendors is another one...I for one appreciate them...BUT a word to the wise...I never buy from Male street vendors as they are usually very dirty...Women on the other hand are usually clean and almost always wear gloves....But from women.
Javier-noted on being "right" for one's self. I really like #2 here. The tone and mood. It would rock in B/W
09-25-2009, 03:23 AM   #1543
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
The same thought has passed my mind as well: Javier have material for (at least) a book.

I hear from people here that it is hard to make profit on photographic books, but I presume the potential market is bigger over there (you live in a city with approximately as large population as the whole of my country). Anyway, this is your hobby... getting out a book should be fun even if it just makes a +/-zero turnover. I would buy one.
09-25-2009, 03:23 PM   #1544
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
The same thought has passed my mind as well: Javier have material for (at least) a book.

I hear from people here that it is hard to make profit on photographic books, but I presume the potential market is bigger over there (you live in a city with approximately as large population as the whole of my country). Anyway, this is your hobby... getting out a book should be fun even if it just makes a +/-zero turnover. I would buy one.
Thanks Douglas...I am flattered beyond words..
Perhaps I will give it a go and give myself a couple of years to do it.
This of course is assuming I make it two more years..
09-25-2009, 03:23 PM   #1545
Veteran Member

Original Poster

Out in public...No shame..I was like 4 feet away and took three snaps and they never even noticed me....:thinking:

Talk about a mobile food station...